My New 2011 WRX - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on My New 2011 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I started reading some of the stickys and there is some much info its hard to grasp it all at ...

I started reading some of the stickys and there is some much info its hard to grasp it all at the same time.

I definitely going to put it on my wish list.......

The first thing i was planning to do on my WRX was to clear bra the front and hood. Do you think its a good idea or not?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox09 View Post
    The first thing i was planning to do on my WRX was to clear bra the front and hood. Do you think its a good idea or not?
    From what I've heard they don't look great, they don't protect all that much, and they're a huge pain to remove.

Hopefully someone who's done one in the past can give more info.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Registered User jennsfootprints's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox09 View Post
    I was looking into the AP and it has a lot of cool features depending on what you are doing. From driving hard to a valet mode. Have you used the valet mode on yours?

You can set a rev limiter on it.....thats very cool!!
    I have the AP for my 2009 wrx. And yes it is very cool to have those features. I sometimes threaten to put it on valet mode when my brother-in-law drives it. I have used the anti-theft device. I tested it one time and it really works well so I"m assuming the valet mode works the same.
    Lucky is the man that finds a girl who loves driving his car as much as he does!

Yeah for sure... your car is brand new and you might as well keep it that way... next id do window tint then some stereo upgrades if its anything like the stock 06 stereo it sucks and you'll love it that much more to drive...

Yeah the stickys are great to help put together a mod plan, just a suggestion id keep it moderatley to low modded till you get close to paying it off to protect the warranty... if you got the AP you can easily unmarry it to the car putting it back to the stock map just incase you have to take it in to get fixed...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by jennsfootprints View Post
    I have the AP for my 2009 wrx. And yes it is very cool to have those features. I sometimes threaten to put it on valet mode when my brother-in-law drives it. I have used the anti-theft device. I tested it one time and it really works well so I"m assuming the valet mode works the same.
    Especially if you let your girlfriend driver your car limit the revs to 3500 rpm just below the turbo kicks in.....lol

Registered User jennsfootprints's Avatar
    Hey, I just realized you live a few miles from me. If you happen to see a dark grey 2009 wrx hatchback on the 10 freeway in the morning/evening... feel free to wave!
    Lucky is the man that finds a girl who loves driving his car as much as he does!

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Yeah for sure... your car is brand new and you might as well keep it that way... next id do window tint then some stereo upgrades if its anything like the stock 06 stereo it sucks and you'll love it that much more to drive...

Yeah the stickys are great to help put together a mod plan, just a suggestion id keep it moderatley to low modded till you get close to paying it off to protect the warranty... if you got the AP you can easily unmarry it to the car putting it back to the stock map just incase you have to take it in to get fixed...
    I was talking with a friend that has it on his BMW 335i and he really loves it. He said one of the nice things about having the clear bra is when you are washing the car. The dirt and grim wipes right off.....and prevent the paint from chipping!!

Quote Originally Posted by jennsfootprints View Post
    Hey, I just realized you live a few miles from me. If you happen to see a dark grey 2009 wrx hatchback on the 10 freeway in the morning/evening... feel free to wave!
    There are not to many around are area so i will definitly notice your WRX!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    man,i didnt get the SPT exhaust but I like the look of that finisher.Was it a package deal with the exhaust?or do you know the invoice price.i just ordered yesterday but maybe I can get them to add it to my order.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    man,i didnt get the SPT exhaust but I like the look of that finisher.Was it a package deal with the exhaust?or do you know the invoice price.i just ordered yesterday but maybe I can get them to add it to my order.
    MSRP for the SPT Exhaust and the Finisher was $1,100 but I got it for $800.00.

At first i wasn't going to get the exhaust finisher but i'm glad I did it adds a little something to the look...

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice car! I ordered the shifter with my '11 and it is awesome! Shifting is so effortless!
    '11 Red WRX Premium
    '12 Black Camaro 2SS
    '05 Maxima
    '00 Acura TL

"A man's got to know his limitations"
    Harry Callahan, Magnum Force

So you think its worth me going back to the dealer and installing the short shift kit?

So do you think it worth me going back to the dealer and getting the short shift kit installed?

Oh, by the way how are those leather seat worth forking over the few extra bucks for?

I Support ClubWRX
    I think the kartboy is better & more affordable.Plus theres a video on youtube that tells you how to DIY,its not that difficult

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrDlrxcn7dk
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I think the kartboy is better & more affordable.Plus theres a video on youtube that tells you how to DIY,its not that difficult

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrDlrxcn7dk
    I took a look at the video and it much more simple then i thought it would be.....yeah!!

I think i can do it myself.......

thanks for the tip!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast