My New 2011 WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on My New 2011 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Nice looking WRX! Not sure about the newer WRX's but on my '03 I had Eibach Pro-kit springs installed for ...

Nice looking WRX! Not sure about the newer WRX's but on my '03 I had Eibach Pro-kit springs installed for $450 (parts and labor) and it made a world of difference and did not affect my warranty.
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Only a few more days till mine comes in. Got almost the same car, minus some of the options you got. How does that spt exhaust sound?

Thanks for the offer!!! Where do people meet in our area?

daverso,

Congrats on your new WRX you won't de disappointed.

One thing about the Subaru you fall in love with is the sound of the exhaust that the boxer motor produces......I love it!!

The SPT exhaust is only an option on the hatchback. This fact, plus the pics that you provided makes me think that it is the same exhaust that is standard on the sedan. Any one know for sure if this is true?

Stock exhaust on my sedan
    - Kevin
    2011 Satin White Pearl WRX Premium

Good question! Not sure myself but i will take some close ups today when i get home (my baby is in the garage).

Unless you see SPT engraved on the Sedan's exhaust tips, it is probably not the same exhaust.

The reason it's only an option for the hatchback model right now is because they redesigned the exhaust system for the sedan entirely where as the exhaust system on the hatchback is basically identical to the 08+ STi.

'99 Impreza 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl - Retired
    '02 Sedona Red WRX - Retired
    '11 DGM WRX Hatch w/ SPT exhaust, short throw and STi shift knob Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Syncharmony View Post
    Unless you see SPT engraved on the Sedan's exhaust tips, it is probably not the same exhaust.

The reason it's only an option for the hatchback model right now is because they redesigned the exhaust system for the sedan entirely where as the exhaust system on the hatchback is basically identical to the 08+ STi.
    Ahhh I had assumed it (or some equivalent) was coming standard (and assuming makes an ass out of you and me) on the new WRX's since it wasn't an option...Oh well, something to add on later at the dealer!
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Here is a close up of the SPT Exhaust!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0917.jpg   IMG_0919.jpg   IMG_0918.jpg  

nice car bru...

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox09 View Post
    I will research all of the manufactures you listed.......

I noticed you mentioned access port stage 1 tuning. Is it easy to install or do have have it done at a shop?

Thanks for all of your help!

When it comes to modding your Subaru its endless.......and a money pit!!
    Yeah no problem man... the access port is a personal ecu programer from cobb... its a plug in and play to quickly load a tune or even switch tunes on the fly...

I haer ya about modding, when I have more money I'm gonna. Do more... sways, dp, and short shifter...lol + more down the road...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

When you install the access port from cobb does it give you more on the bottom end or even out the power band?

I really haven't been able to let the motor loose due to the break-in period. I only have around 300 miles on it. But what i did notice is that the turbo kicks in around 3500-4000rpm.

With the access port does this change?

The AP map will smooth out your powerband throughout the rpm range... a lot of maps increase your power from low to mid... I'm running an open scource map and I'm fully spooled @ 2800 rpm's, but I have the old stock td04 turbo (which is smaller then yours)... I think yours has ethier the vf48 or 52, but I'm not posative... so after your tune your spool will probally be around 3000.... it will also change your low end gains a lot so you have more power down below and will help clear out any lag you might have making it easier to get in the sweet spot where ever you might be...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

I was looking into the AP and it has a lot of cool features depending on what you are doing. From driving hard to a valet mode. Have you used the valet mode on yours?

You can set a rev limiter on it.....thats very cool!!

I don't have an AP, its an open scource ecu reflash via laptop and tactrix cord... the AP's do have a lot of cool features like launch control, economy maps, CEL checking, and vallet mode... the AP is probally the best way for beginers to start tuning, you can learn more about open scource and off the shelf maps up in the stickys, but its kinda confusing...lol
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast