Yo yo yo!!!! Finally got a Subaruuuu in VA
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Yo yo yo!!!! Finally got a Subaruuuu in VA within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, my name is Tyler. I am no noob to the car scene, used to be a crazy active ...

Smile Yo yo yo!!!! Finally got a Subaruuuu in VA

Hey guys, my name is Tyler. I am no noob to the car scene, used to be a crazy active member over on AccordTuner but with my new passion for Jesus, my old passion for the accord kind of started to fizzle out. I still kept it up and if anything, actually did more drastic work to it than ever before, including an engine rebuild, buuuut being a married man now and having a wife that is a nurse, the need for reliability and AWD is what brought me here to play with you guys. I was/am hype the wife gave me the green light on this 2002 WRX. Considering the fact we are both students and I am getting my degrees in ministry, we ain't really rolling in the Benjamins, buuuut we get by. The car is a total blessing, only 67,000 miles, sat down in GA for 7years, LITERALLY SAT...haa, tis rad. I spent weeks on this forum researching bolt on mods only to find out that most the things i thought i wanted, as far as reliability and performance go, i really don't. And that's cool, i love being able to fly and nobody even notice me. However it's harder to get someones attention, i would much rather rev the engine than beep buuuuut no worries. Yeah, soo I guess I will use this thread to keep talking about me , buuut i got some school work to do before work. Peace guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3374.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome...I'm new here, too. It's a good forum with plenty of experienced people willing to help when needed, and always ready to talk about Subarus.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX

Welcome! Its nice to hear that you did some research in the first place, so you are one step ahead of the game!

Looks like a nice clean Bugeye that you got at a steal! It has less miles than the 05 STI I picked up in March did

Post more pics!!!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Welcome! Its nice to hear that you did some research in the first place, so you are one step ahead of the game!

Looks like a nice clean Bugeye that you got at a steal! It has less miles than the 05 STI I picked up in March did

Post more pics!!!
    Thanks dude, yeah i have definitely learned the value in the wisdom of others...haa, had to learn the hard way, but i learned. And yeah man, she is super clean and it was indeed a STEAL.

I will hopefully have some pix this weekend, my radiator cracked in my first spirited drive around town. My brother-in-law just got a bugeye wagon and so we went 'DRIVING', it was funny, i blew his car away. He chalked it up to just a sedan vs a wagon but i think it has to do with his short ram intake setup as well. When I was test driving cars i noticed that mine was the only one without a boost gauge, but it was significantly faster than the rest so I am not sure if you can botch up an install of one of those or what buuuuut if so i was thinking that might be the case with his as well.

Oh yeah and i went with the mishimoto radiator. Thanks for the advice guys

Hmm...that's interesting. Wagons and Sedans are equally as fast...so that's not it. A boost leak could cause an issue...and also depending on what kind of intake and what other mods he might have, that could be a potential problem as well. Tell him to join up here!

Good choice with a Mishimoto!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

Cracked radiator:

New mishimoto radiator

Had to jerry rig the overflow setup

My favorite spot down at VA beach:

This joint is as STOCK as stock can be. haa, only difference is the resonator removal and radiator. so nutso after having an insanely modded honda

Nice bugeye!
    Subaru radiators are notorious for cracking.

Please make sure to read this thread, and consider replacing the uppipe.

^^ +1

So if its bone stock...got any plans?

Definitely a great looking Bug!

Welcome! Looks like a nice car (although the body kit isn't my thing )

Anyway, I'm sure you have, but have you gotten it checked out by a mechanic? Leaving a car sitting, especially if you don't prepare for it, can wreak havoc on various engine and body parts. If it was stored properly, or you got away without damage, then you really have picked up a good deal!
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJeremy
    Nice bugeye!
    Subaru radiators are notorious for cracking.

Please make sure to read this thread, and consider replacing the uppipe.
    Thanks! Yeaaahhhh i have done soooo much reading on this site, naosic and flat4va. Planning to tackle that uppipe sometime soon with my brother-in-law who just got an 03 wrx wagon, figured we could do both of them same day. Doesn't seem too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    ^^ +1

So if its bone stock...got any plans?

Definitely a great looking Bug!
    haaa, got tons of plans! Only thing is cash money is slim pickens now-a-days...gave up tons of money in life insurance for a life in ministry

Buuuut yeah, a couple of the first things i want to do are a good short shifter kit (twm or kartboy) and a Cobb AP. Seems like that AP is a great place to start before doing any serious mods.

Quote Originally Posted by poly_poly-man View Post
    Welcome! Looks like a nice car (although the body kit isn't my thing )

Anyway, I'm sure you have, but have you gotten it checked out by a mechanic? Leaving a car sitting, especially if you don't prepare for it, can wreak havoc on various engine and body parts. If it was stored properly, or you got away without damage, then you really have picked up a good deal!
    eh, i have checked it out pretty thoroughly. When I said it sat, i guess it really wasn't sitting permanently, buuut when somebody only puts 50k on a car in 6years it might as well be sitting to me. haaa when I was 18 and got my honda I put 30k on it in the first year

Quote Originally Posted by Smeee View Post
    eh, i have checked it out pretty thoroughly. When I said it sat, i guess it really wasn't sitting permanently, buuut when somebody only puts 50k on a car in 6years it might as well be sitting to me. haaa when I was 18 and got my honda I put 30k on it in the first year
    alright, just making sure you checked it out - you can get seriously burned by low-mileage cars that have been basically rotting from disuse...

Looks like you most likely got a gem, though. Have fun with it!
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Great find,treasure that classic bugeye.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Quote Originally Posted by poly_poly-man
    alright, just making sure you checked it out - you can get seriously burned by low-mileage cars that have been basically rotting from disuse...

Looks like you most likely got a gem, though. Have fun with it!
    Thaaaaaaaaanks! I am fairly certain I found a gem as well. I got all under it, drove it pretty aggressively and was blown away by how quick but quiet it was. Can't begin to share how much I enjoy driving it.

Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    Great find,treasure that classic bugeye.
    awwww dude, haaa if you only knew how i treasured my 95 Honda...i meticulously took care of that joint for 8years, treasuring every day buuut so much more pleased with this subaru.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast