Yo yo yo!!!! Finally got a Subaruuuu in VA - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Yo yo yo!!!! Finally got a Subaruuuu in VA within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by poly_poly-man Welcome! Looks like a nice car (although the body kit isn't my thing ) Body kit ...

Quote Originally Posted by poly_poly-man View Post
    Welcome! Looks like a nice car (although the body kit isn't my thing )
    Body kit I believe is all OEM pieces for the Bugeyes...(correct me if I'm wrong on the front bumper at least).

The side skirts were also painted...so the previous owner seemed to want to make it a good looking, flowing-line type car. I like it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Body kit I believe is all OEM pieces for the Bugeyes...(correct me if I'm wrong on the front bumper at least).

The side skirts were also painted...so the previous owner seemed to want to make it a good looking, flowing-line type car. I like it.
    yeaaaah i was going to say its definitely not a body kit, its almost like a big lip kit or something b/c it seems to be connected to the stock bumpers. And yeah they definitely painted the skirts. Apparently the silly guy who owned it before me painted the front and rear lips/skirts all blue. haaa, thankfully the guy who sold it to me had it paint matched.

heh - somehow, I've never cared enough about that kind of modification to be able to tell the difference between it - all I know is that I'm not a huge fan of those fancy lips (on the front and the back), but otherwise a great car
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

hmmm, sooo today was TERRIBLE. My soon to be brother in law and I tackled the uppipe gutting project. I sprayed everything down with pb blaster and just in taking the bolts off the downpipe snapped a bolt. I knew it didn't feel right but I kept spraying it and tapping it and going back and forth till SNAP. I found another bolt and was good to proceed. Moving on, on the exhaust mani I came across two bolts that broke initially and then for some reason were tighter than anything EVER. I sprayed, I tapped, I sprayed, I hit, i sprayed and fought till eventually i noticed that the bolts were coming off, just sideways. My question is, has anybody seen these things cross threaded??? Breaks my friggin heart, haven't had the car a month and she has been parked three times already, for the tires, radiator and now the stoopid uppipe removal. Anyway, just had to vent, thanks guys for all your knowledge and passion. Ill let yall know how it goes tomorrow. Ill try and remember my camera

Any updates?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

wow, my bad, totally missed this.

Ended up installing an Individia uppipe, went incredibly smooth.

Since then my brother and I have been doing a few DIY's. Here are some pix:

Super cheap homemade shrouds (we took notes for a template, but I don't know what happend to them)

Going to pull of that scoop thing as soon as i get that fender plug...maybe this week.

Turn in concepts short shifter with Brenwrx's knob. I was kinda pissed at first b/c just sitting there it didn't feel anything like my honda short shifter buuuuut driving it felt like night and day compared to what it felt like before. Probably doing the front and rear bushings tomorrow or tuesday.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX

Body kit is definitely not OEM. It's a Wings West (more likely a replica of one) lip and replica OEM rear skirt. The side skirts aren't painted, they are missing.
    Last edited by brfatal; 10-18-2010 at 08:46 AM.

glad to see you picked up a gem I just recently bought mine in July. 2002 wrb wrx at 95K and i rack up the mileage between work and commuting to college almost everyday

Im at 105k right now, and my only issues thus far are my radiator (which seems quite common) and my water hose rom the reservoir thingy to the turbo. Just ordered a new hose, and looking into a mishimoto alum. rad. how is it so far? how hard was the install and did you upgrade the stock rad. hoses?

Get back at m man, and once again, congrats! Enjoy the ride I know I am, and sodoes my girl
    2002 WRB WRX
    Bugeye Mafia #335
    High Mileage Club 106K

My Pics

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bblue Rrex View Post
    Just ordered a new hose, and looking into a mishimoto alum. rad. how is it so far?
    Do yourself a huge favor and don't. Koyo is the cheapest one worth anything.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Do yourself a huge favor and don't. Koyo is the cheapest one worth anything.
    They've actually stepped up their products. I helped a buddy install one on his 05 and it fit flawlessly. It's just a little thinner than the koyo
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Crb03 View Post
    They've actually stepped up their products. I helped a buddy install one on his 05 and it fit flawlessly. It's just a little thinner than the koyo
    There is also their crap construction quality. People are having problems with pin hole leaks (one person found 6 over the course of a year) and drain plug gaskets. Koyos have come down in price so much that there is no reason not to get one IMHO.

I have a GMS radiator (exact same core) and so far it's cost in tows and repairs more than it would have to have gotten a $500 Fluidyne radiator in the first place.
    Last edited by brfatal; 10-17-2010 at 11:15 PM.

^eh, i don't know anything about all that. However, I do know that install was super easy, fitment is fantastic. Cooling abilities are right on point. Their warranty is like nothing I have seen before, no questions asked returns.

I just went with some gates replacement hoses...the radiator cracking on me was a giant shocker and financially it wasn't feasible to go with silicone hoses then. Probably when these hoses need replacing

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Body kit is definitely not OEM. It's a Wings West (more likely a replica of one) lip and replica OEM rear skirt. The side skirts aren't painted, they are missing.
    makes sense...I thought it looked like OEM or something. I never noticed that there actually weren't skirts...oops

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast