Stereo question - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Stereo question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; jd92677 & Mikie13 - Thanks for your input. I was already leaning in the direction of a new head unit, ...

jd92677 & Mikie13 - Thanks for your input. I was already leaning in the direction of a new head unit, but it's always good to get other opinions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Glad I could help dude! Goodluck with everything
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I'm gonna ask a stupid question later in this response...just a heads up...

This conversation got me looking at new HU's, and some of them are too sweet...The Kenwood mentioned here is freaking awesome.

That being said, I would imagine this would make yer car quite a target for those who would do bad things (Quick story: Had a loaner once that had video in the headrests. Went to dinner w/ the family @ a typically family, sit-down dinner place and when we came out the rear windows had been smashed our the headrests removed).

(Here's the stupid question): Do the screens come off these things so you can bring them in the house or hide them under the seat? What security measures can / do you take to protect this kind of investment (outside of the car alarm)?

Quote Originally Posted by cutter311 View Post
    I'm gonna ask a stupid question later in this response...just a heads up...

This conversation got me looking at new HU's, and some of them are too sweet...The Kenwood mentioned here is freaking awesome.

That being said, I would imagine this would make yer car quite a target for those who would do bad things (Quick story: Had a loaner once that had video in the headrests. Went to dinner w/ the family @ a typically family, sit-down dinner place and when we came out the rear windows had been smashed our the headrests removed).

(Here's the stupid question): Do the screens come off these things so you can bring them in the house or hide them under the seat? What security measures can / do you take to protect this kind of investment (outside of the car alarm)?
    I've never seen a nav system or headrest screens come off, but they could be out there. I've had some pretty expensive stuff in my cars and have never been broken in to. I think tinting the windows (if you can get away with it and not be harassed by the police) would help but in all reality if someone wants what you have, they're going to take it.

Not a silly question at all...

There may be some out there that do that, though I can't recall specifics.

I do have friends that have built faux-covers that look like a stock cubby door and stuff like that.

I also saw on Nasioc or IWSTI about someone who pulled the faceplate off a stock Double DIN unit from an 06 WRX and made a cover that went over the aftermarket Unit. That way it looks stock

But believe it or not, if you get a Double DIN touchscreen unit as a replacement for stock, it fits really well (at least in the 02-07s) and looks stock like it came as OEM.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Guess that's why we have insurance...And the windows will have the darkest legal tint for Colorado. So I s'pose that will help.

Thanks for the info (didn't mean to Hijack the thread)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123