From VW to Subie
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on From VW to Subie within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Soooo i just traded my 337 gti for an 02 bugeye. Its nice to be away from the vw scene ...

From VW to Subie

Soooo i just traded my 337 gti for an 02 bugeye. Its nice to be away from the vw scene i was never really into the whole low and slow thing, im more into the performance and handling aspects of the car. So basically i love my wrx its so much better than my gti in all aspects. Im more into the clean look so first thing im doing is taking the wing off and the rear is already completely debadged so its already getting there. I just have one question for all of you. Can you guys give me some advice on wheels. Ive heard of Rota but nothing really else basically i wanna find out what would be the BBS wheel of the wrx world. Besides the BBS sti wheels of course. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome! Did you paint the stock wheels gunmetal from the bronze look in the last pic? I like it. Do you know what exhaust is on your car as well? Any other mods that you got it with?

As for wheels...any standard quality wheel is something to yearn for. You'll probably see more Rotas on WRXs than anything else because they are affordable. And for the price, the quality isn't terrible. Is there better? Of course...Rotas have been known to crack and break at times, but that's few and far between.

The BBS of the WRX world would probably be Rays (Volks, Gram Lights), Work, and Enkei. Then again, many WRXs and STIs do have some great looking non-stock BBS wheels as well.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Thumbs up

yup i painted them gunmetal i like the way they look too. The exhaust is a magnaflow. As for other mods all it has is a boost gauge, the sti intercooler, intake, perrin up pipe, and Tein springs and struts. And cool sounds good with the wheels ill look into those.

I like Prodrive. But there are plenty of options. Just watch your offset, hub bore and bolt pattern.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg  
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

Quote Originally Posted by weshcky17 View Post
    yup i painted them gunmetal i like the way they look too. The exhaust is a magnaflow. As for other mods all it has is a boost gauge, the sti intercooler, intake, perrin up pipe, and Tein springs and struts. And cool sounds good with the wheels ill look into those.
    Nice...I like the gunmetal. It has a nice stance with the springs too...not too low. I'm guessing they are H-Techs? Or full coilovers?

Did you check and see if the downpipe is changed out?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

i think there h techs cause there not full coilovers... also im pretty sure the dp hasnt been changed but i did get a perrin up pipe that hast been installed yet

Nice car. I also just made the switch from vw to subaru, kinda. I went from a 2001 jetta to a 2005 saab 9-2x

Quote Originally Posted by Willg View Post
    Nice car. I also just made the switch from vw to subaru, kinda. I went from a 2001 jetta to a 2005 saab 9-2x
    Sabaru!

Feel free to post up a pic and introduce yourself in your own post in the New Member Hangout

I Support ClubWRX
    Some days I miss my old vw, with its wide body kit, full coilovers, 16x9 wheels with huge dish, 31 mpg, folding back seat. Maybe I'll buy another someday(with a bigger motor and 6spd) and be more tame on the mods.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

yeah i mean i got kind of tired of the vw scene... I had a 05 GLI, audi a4 and then the gti 337... VW just werent made to be a performance car and i was just getting tired of it which is why i just got my wrx and absolutely love it compared to the 2 dubs and audi

yeah i agree completely. i wanted a sporty car, but all everyone seemed to be doing with their vdubs was slamming them.

Quote Originally Posted by Willg View Post
    yeah i agree completely. i wanted a sporty car, but all everyone seemed to be doing with their vdubs was slamming them.
    riiiight i couldnt take it anymore... seriously if you had a slammed car with some nice wheels you were a god it was pathetic

I Support ClubWRX
    My VW wasn't lightning fast but it was damn quick for what it was, and handled way better than my Subi. Granted I had waay more money in the suspension. I got rid of mine because it was a year or two away from being completely worn out. It still looked great, but it had 147k hard miles, and things like the rack were starting to go out, buttons were breaking, seals were getting pretty worn, interior was crappin out.

All that being said I'd buy another used cheap. Wouldn't buy a new VW cause they have lost their damn mind. $28k for a stock no frills GTI now.....no thanks.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I had an 03 GLI VR6 6spd and it was a great little car...I didn't do anything except make the audio system sound a bit better. But once it started to do wacky stuff with the electical system (such as shut off randomly when I was coasting to a stop ) and I knew that could eventually become a problem...so it was time to trade it in for my brand new STI Limited

Yeah I mean I'm not saying it wasn't a nice car it certainly was and they just have the classiest look... But the amount of money I would have had to put into the suspension compared to the wrx would have just been a complete waste of money.. My wrx handles like its on rails with just a full tein suspension I love it

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.