2011 WRX or STI?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX or STI? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone I'm in need of your opinion... I'll be purchasing a 2011 subaru in about a month. I can't ...

Question 2011 WRX or STI?

Hey everyone I'm in need of your opinion... I'll be purchasing a 2011 subaru in about a month. I can't decide if I should get a limited WRX or the STI?
    I drive a bout 50 miles round trip to work. I've owned an STI in the past and loved it. Only I bought it used and buying new is a little different. This will be my daily driver, but also "project car". Please help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

pretty sweet vehicles to "have" to choose from . since you are a prior driver of an sti, i think you probably are familiar with the performance differences. here is how i think about it

- the sti is way more expensive
    - the sti as a daily driver is more difficult to handle due to a much stiffer suspension
    - the sti will be way more expensive to insure

here is what i would do with your 2 options. being a daily driver, i would buy the limited wrx, and use the difference in price in for some sways and links, and a stage 1 tune. while this may not turn your wrx into an sti, it will certainly beef up the softer suspension and give you some more punch in the power dept, while keeping the vehicle "civil" enough for your long drives so your rear end isnt killing you

good luck shopping
    Last edited by dbya rx; 08-25-2010 at 03:47 PM.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

I had the same dilemma...and ended up going with the Base WRX. I don't care about leather or moonroof so I went with the base model.

The STI is an awesome car and a "better" car performance wise. However, for a car that you're driving every day, the WRX is easier to handle, more comfortable, and personally I don't mind putting lots of miles on a $25,000 car like I do on a $35,000 car.

Besides, unless you're doing something like autocross, the WRX is faster 0-60, which means more fun stoplight to stoplight. Save yourself the money and have a comfortable, fast car.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. Next time do search before you post. There are about 5 million posts with the same question that you just asked.

Here is my suggestion:
    Test drive both. Determine pricing. Whichever you like best, buy it.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

If you have the choice the STi is obviously the right car! Why have the WRX when you can have the STi? The STi wil hold it value better over time even with all the miles you have put on it. Plus you can have more fun in the STi because of the better base options, you do no have to spend the money to achieve the same Hp and Tq that you would building a WRX, you will make more power with less money if the initial cost is not a problem.
    STIzzy!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.