I'm new, eh?! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on I'm new, eh?! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by jeremy96gase To expand on what brfatal said about the economy maps. They are just normal maps, except ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    To expand on what brfatal said about the economy maps. They are just normal maps, except the waste gate is set to open at 7psi instead of 14+psi.

A professional tune (street or dyno) will yield better results on the whole.

If daily fuel economy is something you watch, I'd suggest going with 7-7.5" rims with 225mm wide rubber. The fatter the rubber, and heavier the rims the more fuel your engine will consume pulling them around. Also at that size you wouldn't need to roll the fenders at all
    Agreed on all here.

I had a Cobb AP v1 and found the economy map to be ... stupid. The vertical pedal on the right is much better at economizing.

Assume you are running an economy map - there will be instances where you temporarily will want / need full boost (merging and such). If you are stuck in economy mode that will not be an option ... this could be a safety issue depending on the circumstances.

I'm on 17" x 8" rims with 225/45/17 tires and they are plenty grippy. I think people put too much emphasis on bigger is better when it comes to tires and rims.

Lighter wheels and tires will not only perform better but will use less fuel then their 18" 245-ish tires. Less rotational mass is better than stance or looks.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Tires play a huge difference in gas mileage. More rolling resistance (by size, design, and level of inflation) means more gas used. That was about the only thing great about the RE-92 tires that came on the car, they are low resistance tires and were great for fuel economy.

Sorry for changing the direction of the thread.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Tires play a huge difference in gas mileage. More rolling resistance (by size, design, and level of inflation) means more gas used. That was about the only thing great about the RE-92 tires that came on the car, they are low resistance tires and were great for fuel economy.

Sorry for changing the direction of the thread.
    We were on tires and wheel size on post #9. That seems on topic enough.

Yes / no?

Quote Originally Posted by Falseidolsfall View Post
    Eventually I'm going to get some 18x9 wheels like this that have a different offset and have them painted again. They will be for daily driving, while the ones currently on there will be for track use since they are 17s and lighter. I think stance is everything and I want my wheels flush with the fender
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

I see where you're coming from.
    I might have to consider keeping the open source and then going to stage 2 after I complete my exhaust system.
    I have a friend that owns a shop that can tune the car, I just need to wait and get a few more mods before that.

One reason as to why I'd want cobb is so I could take it off and put it back on and everything remain the same. If I lost touch with my friend that put the stage 1 on my car, I wouldn't know what to do.

On another note,

anyone have any information or advice on baking headlights and painting them?

What kind of paint and whatnot.
    I'm nervous about this, I've seen it done before and been around it but when it comes to my headlights with the projectors it makes me nervous?

I want to take the orange reflector out the headlights and replace my bulbs with some chrome ones I have too.

I Support ClubWRX
    On another note,

anyone have any information or advice on baking headlights and painting them?

What kind of paint and whatnot.
    I'm nervous about this, I've seen it done before and been around it but when it comes to my headlights with the projectors it makes me nervous?

I want to take the orange reflector out the headlights and replace my bulbs with some chrome ones I have too.
    There are some great write-ups on that subject to be found here.
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    It's an easy process. Search "koji" headlights and there are great walkthroughs. The key is patience.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

nice 4banger and also that you have it how you want it! love the wheel color!

Thanks guys for the links and whatnot on the headlights.

And thanks for the comments on my ride everyone!
    Every chance I get, I'm buying parts.
    Well it's between that and shopping...typical girl aha

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    One reason as to why I'd want cobb is so I could take it off and put it back on and everything remain the same. If I lost touch with my friend that put the stage 1 on my car, I wouldn't know what to do.
    Have him give you a copy of your map(s). There are plenty of people who can flash your ECU, but only a few people who you should trust to tune it.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Have him give you a copy of your map(s). There are plenty of people who can flash your ECU, but only a few people who you should trust to tune it.

word

sick rims!! R they painted VOLKS? That's an ill purple. I am new to clubwrx too. Hope to see some more pics of ur REX.

I Support ClubWRX
    awesome ink, btw.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Quote Originally Posted by IRONMANG View Post
    sick rims!! R they painted VOLKS? That's an ill purple. I am new to clubwrx too. Hope to see some more pics of ur REX.
    Thanks! No they are Rota Grids, they get the job done. lol.
    And thank you, i need more photos I just haven't had time lately because of work and other things.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.