2011 wrx or used STI - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2011 wrx or used STI within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by anxiouz I would recommend the WRX. If you tell your dad you want the cheaper, less powerful, ...

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    I would recommend the WRX. If you tell your dad you want the cheaper, less powerful, less to insure car I think he'd feel you were being responsible. That goes a long way.

And if he's paying for the car I'm assuming you don't have much money to mod it or take it to the track. So I think the best fit for you is the WRX.

But be sure to test drive as well as check out some other cars just for comparison. Mazdaspeed 3's and Evo X's are both worth a comparison IMO since you mention both the hatch and sedan, and they fall into the same budget and performance specs.
    wouldnt the Exo X par with the STI? i think the mazdaspeed 3 is inn the WRX's league.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

^^ Yeah, definitely. But you can get a new Evo X GSR for $30,200 here in So Cal so that puts it's price between the $25k WRX and the $34k STI. So I thought I would throw it into the mix since power-wise it's close. But yeah, on paper it compares more closely to the STI no question.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX KING View Post
    Well my insurance for my 2008 WRX is about $196 for 10 months, most people say thats pretty cheep, though i am 20 years old.

But i couldn't tell you how much it would be for a used STI depends on year but the price wouldn't change that much between years.

Im 20 and for my 05 wrx i pay $297 a month for liability only lol
    2005 Wrx 90k miles
    engine-hybrid ej257 2.0 heads vf39,
    3inch catless downpipe, up pipe, hks intake, tuned by yi from trendz 290whp 316wtq
    exterior-sti hood,sti trunk,sti side skirts,sti front bumper,bbs wheels
    interior-sti front and back seats sti steering wheel.

Holy wow batman.

I'm 21 and my new 2011 WRX is only going to be $78 a month for full coverage!
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

7n7
    for the insurance rates people are listing, where do you live and who did you go with (any infractions counting against you too)?

I live in Pittsburgh and will be getting an '11, only looked up one place so far (i think progressive) and for full coverage looking at $166 a month.

I'm 24 so next year that will drop a good bit, but I think I'll be going Erie Insurance since that's what i'm currently on for my Pontiac.

I went through the same dilemma about two months ago before I got my car.
    The Sti is great if you want to rally it.... Upgraded brakes, suspension and traction system. Assuming you are talking 09, 10 Sti. My 2010 WRX was faster than the 10 Sti by a tiny bit. This is due to weight reduction by not having all that stuff. I'm not rally-x ing it. So, I didn't care. Save the cash and get the WRX, see if your dad will put some of it toward an exhaust, down pipe and tune.... It's a lot cheaper to work on a scooby btw...
    Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to try it.
    Swamp Monster Rally Racing- 91 Impreza - Phase II 2.5 w/ DOHC, RS25 trans/diff, header, 2.25" catted exh, WRX springs, AGX struts, L&M steering, RS power-slot brakes = stage rally build in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by 7n7 View Post
    for the insurance rates people are listing, where do you live and who did you go with (any infractions counting against you too)?

I live in Pittsburgh and will be getting an '11, only looked up one place so far (i think progressive) and for full coverage looking at $166 a month.

I'm 24 so next year that will drop a good bit, but I think I'll be going Erie Insurance since that's what i'm currently on for my Pontiac.
    I'm with State Farm located in Newport Beach, California.

21 years old. No tickets, No accidents (i've been rear-ended 3 times, none my fault). I get a multi-line discount because my El Camino is also insured through them. I'm rated on the El Camino as well, so the WRX will be insured as an "extra-vehicle." I also get a 10% multi-line discount for having a $125 dollar renters insurance and good grade discount until i'm 25 because I graduated from a University with over a 3.0. $78 a month.

Hope that helps.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

With American family in Colorado. But many many tickets I just got my licence back for the third time. Had a 240sx with sr20 that got me in wayy to much trouble.. Cheapest full coverage I can find for the wrx in my name is $402 a month :-/
    DON'T STREET RACE !!
    2005 Wrx 90k miles
    engine-hybrid ej257 2.0 heads vf39,
    3inch catless downpipe, up pipe, hks intake, tuned by yi from trendz 290whp 316wtq
    exterior-sti hood,sti trunk,sti side skirts,sti front bumper,bbs wheels
    interior-sti front and back seats sti steering wheel.

Holy crap...I'd ride a bike!
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

I'm using Progressive and have been for some other vehicles. I think for the car it's $840 a year. For my Ninja XZ 1200R it was only $360 a year w/ full coverage. I have had one claim on the WRX for a gas tank (hit a steel shelf bracket on the road and put a hole in the tank) and was happy with the service speed and overall experience.
    Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to try it.
    Swamp Monster Rally Racing- 91 Impreza - Phase II 2.5 w/ DOHC, RS25 trans/diff, header, 2.25" catted exh, WRX springs, AGX struts, L&M steering, RS power-slot brakes = stage rally build in progress...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.