new guy, new wrx! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on new guy, new wrx! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Thanks man, I absolutely love my car. Although it's tons of fun to drive in the winter, I can't wait ...

Thanks man, I absolutely love my car. Although it's tons of fun to drive in the winter, I can't wait for nice weather and summertime cruising.

Here is one more shot I forgot about, shows a better view of the new Q300 catback I installed with Wagonstar a few weeks back

Last edited by scott-wrx; 01-06-2012 at 05:35 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey guys, small update this past week. Wednesday morning I was out running some errands and out of nowhere the check engine light came on. I quickly plugged in my AP to see what was up and it turns out it was two emissions related codes. One was "evaporative emissions control vent open" and the other was for my fuel filler cap. I cleared the codes but minutes later they popped back up. After a little troubleshooting we came across a broken wire inside some loom above the charcoal canister at the passenger rear of the car. A quick soldiering later, things were back to proper. I figured i would share this so other owners would benefit and help with a quick fix if they were having a similar problem.

Don't mind the tons of road crap plastered under my car, I cant wait to clean everything come spring!
    Last edited by scott-wrx; 01-28-2012 at 11:15 AM.
    Protuned VF39'd Bugeye WRX - 262awhp / 257awtq @ 20psi - My Build Thread!

Hey guys, small update today. I haven't done much since Christmas, been busy, and not having coin to blow on my car lol.

Anyways, I have been on the fence about doing a USDM STi scoop for a long time, but last week I came across one for sale on nasioc and luckily it was already painted PSM so I jumped on it. I already had an 04 STi splitter and bellows for a long time so I figured I'd give it a go.

May be I'm biased because it's my car, but I really like the look, seems more aggressive with my setup. Here are a couple snaps!

A shot of test fitting the splitter

And finished version!

What do you guys think?!

I've always preferred the look of the ver7 sti scoop on the bugeyes
    but i may be biased as that's what i have, lol
    definitely looks aggressive!

p.s. dont put tools on the tmic! = bent fins
    LIVE LOUD, ROCK HARD!!@

2003 WRX wagon 16g + 6 speed

Quote Originally Posted by mexicanzero View Post
    I've always preferred the look of the ver7 sti scoop on the bugeyes
    but i may be biased as that's what i have, lol
    definitely looks aggressive!

p.s. dont put tools on the tmic! = bent fins
    Haha, I knew someone was gonna call me on that. I put it down VERY gently, but ya, you're right on that.

hah i used to always do it with the stocker, now i have a hyperflow which doesnt have a ridge to keep tools from falling, it took a couple of lost sockets before i finally stuffed it in my head to stop doing it
    LIVE LOUD, ROCK HARD!!@

2003 WRX wagon 16g + 6 speed

Haha, doesn't take long to figure that out after you spend some time searching the entire engine bay for a lost bolt or wrench, been there

Looks great!

Thanks!

A few more things taken care of in the last week or so. Gasket on the turbo oil return line changed, oil one was showing signs of a small leak. Once that was fixed, we notched out a spot on the Grimmspeed heatshield that was making slight contact with the wastegate arm.

After all that fun, I took sometime to dial in my coilovers a little more. After driving around all winter, everything was caked with tons of road crap, the threads, collars and springs were all full of gunk. Without taking them off the car, I cleaned them up the best I could, and reset my preload on all 4 corners and lowered the car ever-so-slightly. I'm pretty much at the point I want to be at now for ride height for the summer. The dampening knobs seemed like they were seized and unable to turn, but luckily with a good cleaning they are back in business, luckily they didn't snap off!

Fast forward a few days, my Cusco front swaybar arrived and went to install it. Started up the car, and it sounded terrible, almost like I had no exhaust! After checking things out, we found that for the second time I blew out the manifold to uppipe gasket!

Here are a few snaps from the last couple weeks

Heatshield notched out

Gasket I blew out

Figured it was a good time to change out the manifold gaskets too, this time with Grimmspeed extra thick gaskets!

Cusco & stock front swaybar side by side

Installed!

That's it for now, I can't wait to buy more suspension stuff and get my car really dialed in handling wise and really make use of the power I'm making!
    Last edited by scott-wrx; 04-26-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Some random snaps from today, it was nice out and figured why not. I picked up a super duper awesome ebay rear tow hook and threw it on the other day. Didn't like the purple/red color it arrived in, so I plasti-dipped and clear coated it. I highly doubt I will ever need to utilize it, it's more for aesthetics.

i love the bugeye's, looks good other then that front lip. Not a fan, boost gage is massive, looks distracting. other then that like what you did. keep us posted.
    ++ + ++P3LLA++ + ++

06 STi ( Stage II ) BOOSTED
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE # 808

I'm not particularly feelin' the front lip anymore either. It's all cracked and ziptied together after hitting some ice chunks in the winter, I will be going a different route with the lip soon enough.

The boost gauge isn't all that distracting, it would be nice if I had dimming control over it for night driving, but I guess I'm just used to it. Usually don't even pay attention to it anymore, it's more of a novelty thing now, same with the accessport.

Thanks for your comments though!

I came across this video the other day and it sparked my interest in finally fixing the silly squealing seatbelt issue. Took me about 3 minutes to complete. Amazing how a small fix, makes such a big difference in your driving experience.

About time u fixed those f'n belts chum lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast