New wrx owner!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New wrx owner! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys. Just got my first Subaru and I already love it!! It's a 2010 blue wrx hatch. I previously ...

Talking New wrx owner!

Hey guys.
    Just got my first Subaru and I already love it!! It's a 2010 blue wrx hatch. I previously had a mazda6s. And wow how much more I already enjoy this one!! Anyways I'm
    Glad I'm able to be a subie owner now!
    Alex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome, congrats on the new purchase. With some searching around here you can find many different options that will allow you to spend your pay check much, much, MUCH more quickly. Savings? Not any more
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Congratulations! I've had my 2010 WRX hatchback for one week! They are very much fun!

congrats. picked up my 2010 wrx limited hatch at the end of may...its been awesome so far...any pictures? lets see your new toy
    Last edited by dbya rx; 08-21-2010 at 11:47 AM.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

I'm on my iPhone so I'm not sure how to upload pics. But ya, I figured I'd be spending slot of money. First thing I may do though is fog the tails. What you guys think

Welcome Alex, Im glad to hear you like the new car. Lets see a pic or 2 of her, and enjoy the best subaru forum on the net.

Chris

Edit: lets see a pic or 2 when you get the chance
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWrx18 View Post
    First thing I may do though is fog the tails. What you guys think
    the first i did was tint the windows. its not extremely expensive, and it really ups the appearance of the car as well as help keep your interior cool. obviously, tint laws are different all over so check before you tint. the tail light fogging is pretty controversial in this forum, as are most exterior mods. its up to the owner, but i dont prefer any modification to tail light or head lamp color. plus, it make it harder for other drivers to see your brake lights, esp at nite.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004

Hey guys.
    Just got my first Subaru and I already love it!! It's a 2010 blue wrx hatch. I previously had a mazda6s. And wow how much more I already enjoy this one!! Anyways I'm
    Glad I'm able to be a subie owner now!
    Alex
    Welcome! Glad too see another former mazda owner buying a
    subie too. I traded in an 09 speed3 for a ssm 2010 wrx hatch and love it. I tinted my windows limo on the back 5 and 54 on the front and it looks great!. If your into mods i did perrin sway bars 19r and 22f with endlinks, kartboy shifter, cobb knob, perrin shifter bushings and it made a HUGE difference in handling. That imo is a great place to start. Here is a pic.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0396.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	89573

The car came stock with tinted windows( thankfully) so it has lifetime warranty from dealership. And it's the legal amount and with the grey rims I think the lights would look good. I guess I may do it and take it off If I decide I don't like. I'll post pics asap. I have the sti shortshifter and the spt boost gauge. This is my first manual car and my first turbo (love the sound and power) and I have a question. When I shift I see that it's smoother if I press the clutch about half way instead of down to the floor. Is that bad for my transmission or clutch. I've only had the car for a day. (picked it up yesterday at 5) and that's just something I've noticed when shifting. Thanks again

the next time you are stopped completely, put the trans in first, release the brake, but dont press the gas. slowly let out the clutch until the car starts to move forward very slightly. the point where it moves is the exact contact point where the clutch disengages and the car is in gear. as long as you are past that point when you press the clutch, you shouldnt do any damage to the car. now obviously, if you are driving hard, which you will do frequently, your rythm is different than when you are just driving mellow.

when i am driving mellow, i usually shift around 3500 rmps, and i maybe press the clutch about half way down, and the shifts are really smooth. when im driving hard, i press the clutch all the way down because i am shifting at much higher rpms and using much more throttle after i shift.

the more mellower you drive, the smoother it will be after some practice, but its pretty hard to drive smoothly when you are driving hard.

on another note, make sure you follow the instructions on breaking in your engine. keep it under 4k rmps for the first 1000 miles according to the subaru booklet
    Stink-eye Mob #814004

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the site

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWrx18
    First thing I may do though is fog the tails. What you guys think
    Don't. Here's why:
    Quote Originally Posted by dbya rx
    it make it harder for other drivers to see your brake lights, esp at nite.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Yea I'm really trying to keep the hard driving to a minimum. But I actually asked the manager and he told me that the cars come broken in from the factory. I asked him becuase I wanted to make sure. And also I have read a lot that people think it's best to drive the way you will in the future. I kno it's really controversial. So I'm in the middle. I'll prob drive her easy 80% and hard 20% and see how that works out. As far as the tail lights is concerned I stil have the rear light on the spoiler. Also it would just be a shade of tint. Just enough so the car looks good with the tint all the way around.

Thank you dvya rx for clarifying

But I actually asked the manager and he told me that the cars come broken in from the factory. I asked him becuase I wanted to make sure.
    Cars coming "pre broken in"? I don't believe so, unless things have changed, I've always driven them a few thousand km before doing any hard driving, just to be on the safe side. I could be wrong though.

heres the car
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3617.jpg   IMG_8664.jpg  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.