Greetings from Canada!

This is a discussion on Greetings from Canada! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, new to the site. Love the Subaru's, don't own one, I'm just a poser right now. Trying to ...

Cool Greetings from Canada!

Hey everyone, new to the site. Love the Subaru's, don't own one, I'm just a poser right now. Trying to get my hands on a Lightning red 11' STI here in Alberta, yeah good luck! Every single STI has been called for for the next few months, literally!

Anyway, just wanted to say hello to everyone and the other new members and thanks for having me. Hoping to get to know you guys and contribute my non Subaru owning input into various threads lol. Cya around!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Dave, welcome and good luck in your quest maybe you have to go on a road trip to another province to get one
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Seriously considering that Weasel. It wouldn't be to much of a problem, I'd just need an out of province inspection and do a little paperwork, I was even considering importing from Montana, as the U.S car's are considerably cheaper but don't think that would be very feasible as the taxes, fee's, etc to get it from the U.S to Canada would eat up the price difference pretty quickly I'd think.

Choices, choices.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Dave,
    I hear you mate, I have even in my time driven to florida from ny to get a scooby and have another time flown to florida from ny to get a scooby then the fun part is the drive home/break in period all done over a weekend

still you may want to check out here regarding buying a scooby from the US side seems these guys do it a lot esp for peeps in sunny BC...

they are based in Washington State:
    click: http://www.cars101.com/canada.html

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Weasel, Thanks for that link, tons of information on there, and it looks like importing is a hassle I just don't want. To much paperwork, and the 6.1% duty ( as the Impreza is made in Japan ) eats into the price differences and not to mention SOC not warrantying the U.S cars, I'd have to pay for repair, then be reimbursed, no thanks. I will be making some calls to BC and Saskatchewan next week, maybe they might actually have something for me lol.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Dave,
    If BC and Sk come up fruitless i say call Ont fly there drive back and enjoy the scenery of 401 Trans Hwy
    "All We'll Drive"

That may actually be a pretty good idea. I could time it with going on vacation. I wanted to take the Mrs to Ontario and Quebec for some touristy sort of stuff, would be a real good excuse to go down wouldn't it?

Welcome fellow Canadian.

I actually know someone that bought his 08 from the states and it went very well. He actually saved about 8K this way.

There are companies out there that take care of the paper work for you, for a fee of course but from what I heard it's well worth the fee.

I would look into it, mostly since the Canadian dollar is pretty close.

As for the warranty, he told me all he had to do is pay the repair cost up front, send the bill to SOA and they paid him back.

Welcome. That is one of the best avatars I've seen in a while.
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

Also couldn't you order one? I know that's what I had to do?

A265,

Saved $8,000? Wow, nothing wrong with that. It may end up being worth it, depending on the car. I am calling the guy from cars101.com on monday, I will see what he says. If he can get me a 09+ STI with a savings like that I'm sold!

Quote Originally Posted by Crb03 View Post
    Welcome. That is one of the best avatars I've seen in a while.
    Thanks, it's kind of cheesy but it looks amusing, I had a really good animated one but this forum doesn't allow it

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    I bought my 08 STI from Joe Spitz (aka Cars101). He's a very stand-up guy and doesn't **** you around. On the other hand, he's very straight-forward, which can sometimes come off a bit abrasive. Nevertheless, he's totally honest and a great guy to work with...I definitely recommend buying from him. Just tell him Armin from World One and Subiesport sent you
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Where are you at in Alberta? I'm often in Calgary around Christmas and always enjoy a good cruise through Banff.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I bought my 08 STI from Joe Spitz (aka Cars101). He's a very stand-up guy and doesn't **** you around. On the other hand, he's very straight-forward, which can sometimes come off a bit abrasive. Nevertheless, he's totally honest and a great guy to work with...I definitely recommend buying from him. Just tell him Armin from World One and Subiesport sent you
    +1

Just bought my '11 WRX from Joe Spitz. Great guy and great buying experience.
    - Kevin
    2011 Satin White Pearl WRX Premium