Hey all- I'm looking to trade in my 2006 Mazda RX8 on a used 2008 WRX. The RX8 has been wonderful for me, but I bought a new home on top of a steep hill last December, and even with good tires it had no shot of making it up when covered by snow. Basically I decided to find something sporty/fun to drive that could make it up the hill easily in winter, and the WRX seemed ideal. With that out of the way, a few questions:
1. I'm correct in assuming the WRX is good in snow, right? Having tripped all over myself climbing that hill a half dozen times last winter, I don't care to repeat the experience.
2. Warranty- I have two cars I'm looking at at local dealers. Both are 2008s, one with 15k miles and the other with 30k. Will the 3 year / 36k mile factory warranty will still be good on those?
3. Premium package- The listings for the two cars are below. I don't think either has the premium package because neither mentions heated seats/premium audio, but I'd like to double check.
4. Are there any specific issues (mechanical or whatnot) with the WRX that I should check out before buying?
5. Any ideas on price? I know this one will probably be impossible to answer, and I've done the usual comparative research (different listings, Edmunds, etc.), but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.