New Guy wants a WRX

This is a discussion on New Guy wants a WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Long time lurker, first time poster. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I'm looking to get into a ...

Smile New Guy wants a WRX

Long time lurker, first time poster. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I'm looking to get into a 2010 WRX Premium in WRB within the next 6 months. I'm not new to Subie's but will be to the Impreza. I learned how to drive stick on a 96 Legacy and that thing was a tank. I fell in love with AWD. I currently drive a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT (yea, yea get the laughs out now ) and am looking for something more practical, and of course a lot quicker.

I've been reading every review out there and browsing NASIOC, IWSTI and this site for quite some time. This is a nice little community and by far the friendliest. The wait is killing me (especially with all the "Just got a new 2010/11 WRX!" threads ), but I know it will be worth it in the long run. Looking forward to learning more about the WRX and becoming part of this world.

-Dave
    Last edited by djclue8713; 08-19-2010 at 11:17 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome you will definately find lots of info here. I've only had my 2010 wrx for a few months and I find almost all my info here Nasioc layout is too ugly for me. Just out of curiosity 2011's will be out soon why not go with one of those or do you have a 2010 lined up?

Quote Originally Posted by mrsailboats View Post
    Nasioc layout is too ugly for me.
    Thanks and amen to that. As for the 11's, call me crazy but I'm not completely sold on the fender flares yet. I might be one of the few but I'd rather try and get a deal on a leftover 2010. That quad tipped exhaust though ...I could probably get an SPT made for an 2011 with those tips to fit on a 2010 anyway so no problem there. I initially was looking at used '09s and up but the premature engine failures scared me off so I moved up a year.

picked up a 10 limited hatch a few months ago...greatest car ever. welcome to the forum.

i hope there are still some 2010's left when you plan on purchasing. you may have to move up your timeline...which may not be a bad thing
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the Club Dave!

Best of luck in your quest - let us know how it goes.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Thanks! I will definitely keep you all posted as the search goes on.

@dbya rx you might be right, around me these things are selling like hotcakes so I hope some are left!
    Last edited by djclue8713; 08-19-2010 at 01:14 PM.

Welcome to the club Dave. Like most people, I have had my 2010 for about 6 months.

I'm with you, the subtle lines on the 2010's are hard to pass by. However, the more 2011's I see (pictures) the more I want to trade mine in and "upgrade". The fender flares look amazing at certain angles, but at others, I'm just not sold yet. Maybe when I start seeing them in person, I will be. I did see a picture of a 2011 with the quad tip exhaust and no spoiler that looked so sick. It's a tough call.

Good luck with the purchase and keep us posted.
    2010 -White Pearl
    Factory STi Short Throw (Dealer installed)

Hi and welcome, I am a new 2010 sedan owner. Just picked mine up in July and couldn't be happier. Last 2010 on the lot and got a great deal on it.

I started on this forum and found it only because I used to be a member of clubRSX and when I upgraded to the WRX I figure there had to be a clubWRX and bam! There is was lol. I tried NASIOC but those guys are @sshats.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVilhelm View Post
    I tried NASIOC but those guys are @sshats.

@Dave: I feel your pain in regards to everything selling like hot cakes. I am waiting for my 2011 STI and literally, every single damn one in Alberta is spoken for...every one! I may have to expand my search!

You said it. I live in Massachusetts and man there is NOTHING around here right now. Sometimes you see a good deal pop up out west (expanding my search to >500 miles on every website), but Seattle and Malibu are a little far for me haha. Who knows...I might have to take a road trip to pick this bad boy up. The demand is crazy.

*UPDATE* Last Saturday I ordered a 2011 WRX Premium in WR Blue with the short throw. First time I drove a WRX and I was very impressed with the power delivery and handling. Dealer had one on the way so I put down a deposit to hold it. They didn't want to commit to a certain day for it coming in, but we're looking at tomorrow at the earliest. Much better than 8-12 weeks like some of the other guys on here! And to think I haven't slept much the past few nights! If all goes according to plan I should be picking it up on Saturday. I'M PUMPED!

*EDIT* It's here!! Got my '11 Rex yesterday!
    Last edited by djclue8713; 01-25-2011 at 08:23 AM.