Stock sti 2005
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stock sti 2005 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys, just saying a hello from aus. was wondering if anyone could steer me one the right path with ...

Stock sti 2005

hey guys, just saying a hello from aus.

was wondering if anyone could steer me one the right path with what regulations i need to follow in doing a track day in regards to fire extinguisher etc..

also i have coolant leaks on the top of my radiator across the whole length but my coolant is showing that its at the right level? ive been keeping an eye on it and its not changing the level? where would it be leaking from??

cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello,

Welcome.

Any track will have some sort of stewarding set up; ask tech and they will tell you exactly what you need, what you can do, and what you can't. In fact, the more organized and by-the-book those guys are, the more comfortable you should feel using that track.

The radiator top seam tends to fail where it meets the metal. Also, in rarer cases, the top hose leaks where the clamp holds it onto the rad, and sometimes this only happens when the system is pressurized and the top hose is moving (as in, when the motor pitches as the car is driven). It is most likely the rad itself though, at the top seam.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^

I couldn't have answered it any better. And I agree with the radiator comments.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

ah nice thanks for that..

so is this seam pretty basic to replace? considering its a consistent amount around the whole top of the rad it sounds like thats the issue.

i havnt had the car for long so just getting use to it. i had a dyno run not long ago and it showed a boost spike around 4000 rpm it peaked at about 22psi then slowly dropped. would there car have been tuned like this? its standard apart from 3" turbo back zorst

cheers

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 05 sti View Post
    ah nice thanks for that..

so is this seam pretty basic to replace? considering its a consistent amount around the whole top of the rad it sounds like thats the issue.

i havnt had the car for long so just getting use to it. i had a dyno run not long ago and it showed a boost spike around 4000 rpm it peaked at about 22psi then slowly dropped. would there car have been tuned like this? its standard apart from 3" turbo back zorst

cheers
    where are you located? the peak boost pressure is much higher than a stage 2 (3" turboback + tune) USDM EJ257 motor. That being said, I won't throw out the possibility that you have the EJ207 2.0L motor.

What were the results of the dyno run?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Once you are sure that's the issue, replace the radiator. The seam::metal interface isn't really reparable, so you just replace the whole thing.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

ok then ill find out what the problem is this week..

im in tasmania australia its freezing down here

dyno run was 175kw atw 636nm so i thought that was pretty decent whats EJ207? its stamped on top of motor just EJ20t i believe

zax
    ok then ill find out what the problem is this week..

im in tasmania australia its freezing down here

dyno run was 175kw atw 636nm so i thought that was pretty decent whats EJ207? its stamped on top of motor just EJ20t i believe
    that can't be right, can it? equivalent units are 235 whp and 470 wtq (in ft-lbs). You would have to make peak torque at MAXIMUM 2627 RPM to have this make sense. 235 whp seems stockish, however

Facebook me here

yea thats what it came out as. a bloke that has an 08 rally car with 200kw atw got 750nm on same dyno. mainline chassis dyno

I Support ClubWRX
    rally cars are usually limited on horsepower, but not on torque... So that's why the rally car had such high torque numbers and low horsepower.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

zax
    yeah but despite being akin, the STi is not a rally car. My guess is the car isn't close to stock if you are seeing 470 wtq

Facebook me here

oh so you reckon the ecu could have been reflashed or do you reckon there are more major mods?

what causes a boost spike? it needs to be retuned i think it near knocks your head off when it hits boost but then falls away through the rest of the rev range?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.