Soon to be a WRX owner!

This is a discussion on Soon to be a WRX owner! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi! Just want to say hello as a soon to be REX owner. My 2011 WRX is to be delivered ...

Post Soon to be a WRX owner!

Hi! Just want to say hello as a soon to be REX owner.

My 2011 WRX is to be delivered on 08/24(crossing my fingers!) and since I have never owned a Subaru, I was wondering if it is worth for me to get an extended warranty. I have purchased extended warranties for my other vehicles and of course, the major repairs only showed up after the mileage is too high for the warranties to do me any good! Will my new WRX be trouble free past the extended warranty, therefore, it will be a waste of $ to get one. I put quite a bit of miles on my cars(around 18,000/year).

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

depends on how long you plan on keeping it. If I where you I would just keep trading up every 2 or 3 years(if ya have the money)

Will probably keep it for quite a while. Have kids in college!!

I've owned 3 subies... my first one was an 88 justy with just under 400k miles on original engine and body with only the exhaust and cv joints replaced... i owned a 2000 outback with no problems and now an 02 wrx... although i have never owned a new vehicle... im thinking the warentee on subies aren't really cost affordable as other cars are... but as stig said it depends on how long you have it... the average driver does about 15k miles a year so 18k isn't really alot of wear and tear on subies... also if you plan on doing any upgrades on the car... it may void the warentee anyways and chances are... you probably will sometime while owning it... but that definitely is up to personal choice... im going to quote tommy boy on this... "a reason why they put a guarentee on a box is because they sell you a guarentee'd piece of $#!%" haha i feel the same about the warentee... they have the standard warentee free with the car and if there is something really wrong with the car... it will happen on it within the first few thousand miles... but hey... like i said... i have not owned a new car so this is all my two cents
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current