05 Black Sti - Stock - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 05 Black Sti - Stock within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by PMIdude Hi, new to the wrx world. I just bought a 05 sti with 19k miles. its ...

Quote Originally Posted by PMIdude View Post
    Hi, new to the wrx world. I just bought a 05 sti with 19k miles. its all stock. not really knowing much about them i turn for you guys for help. ive been reading around but havent found an answer. Do all sti's make a whining noise in every gear. past owner said its was the transfer case. idk.. And well i dont plan on modding it but a buddy who owns a 03 bugeye claims that all sti's have turbo problems. something about it cracking. Any help would be so very appreciated.
    I have an 07 STi, and my car whines when I gun it in like first through third. The drivetrain is very noisy. I would change the fluids. The car doesnt have too many miles on it but is a bit old. You should get a tune on it cuz stock tunes are junk and you will prob see better gas mileage at cruise. Be very very sure to check your oil a lot. When I got mine is was put back to stock apparently and the motor and turbo were shot. I was burning like 2 qts of oil in like 1k miles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i was told the fluids where just changed. idk...it whines every gear cruise or wot. ill just take it in tomorrow to subura and see what those guys can tell me. I think im just gunna sell it

I Support ClubWRX
    The last guy's an idiot. Transfer cases are on 4wd or awd systems that are based around being either front or rear wheel drive. we have a true awd system. The power goes through the engine, into the transmission, through the gears, into the center differential which splits the power to the front and rear differentials. There is no transfer case.

As stated, a fluid change is probably warranted
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

i think i have figured it out. turns out that he forgot that mention that he installed the Group N bushing set. And from what i have read the harder bushing can cause "normal" vibrations to turn into other noises. I hope this is it. Thanks so much for whoever commented!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PMIdude
    i think i have figured it out. turns out that he forgot that mention that he installed the Group N bushing set. And from what i have read the harder bushing can cause "normal" vibrations to turn into other noises. I hope this is it. Thanks so much for whoever commented!!!
    The Group-N transmission mount will increase NVH; if you were to hold the OEM and Group-N side-by-side, you'd understand why.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    The Group-N transmission mount will increase NVH; if you were to hold the OEM and Group-N side-by-side, you'd understand why.
    The NVH increase is relatively minor. Although I did notice considerably more vibration in the shifter, little is transmitted to the cabin. Group-N motor mounts, however, I hear increase the NVH by a large factor.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12