Hello from utah
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hello from utah within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats up everybody, i drive a 1998 Camaro z28, your probably wondering why im on this forum well me and ...

Hello from utah

Whats up everybody, i drive a 1998 Camaro z28, your probably wondering why im on this forum well me and my girlfriend are trading her 04 tiburon for a 04 wrx this weekend. i plan on modding it and i think and hope i came to the right board to learn all about these turbo charged boxer motors

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Hello to a fellow Utahrd!

Welcome to the site dude, and welcome to the Subaru community. If you need any help with recommendations, information or installation, let me know, I'm always down to help out a local.

Be sure to ask questions before modifying and search for information you may need here, since you're a part of the domestic market, it's easy to be sucked into the wonderful world of misinformation that surrounds turbocharged vehicles.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    Hello to a fellow Utahrd!

Welcome to the site dude, and welcome to the Subaru community. If you need any help with recommendations, information or installation, let me know, I'm always down to help out a local.

Be sure to ask questions before modifying and search for information you may need here, since you're a part of the domestic market, it's easy to be sucked into the wonderful world of misinformation that surrounds turbocharged vehicles.
    Yea i got all the modding info as far as going through the boards (lots of questions and research).
    Are there alot of utah peeps here? i know i see a wrx around every corner and parking lot here haha.
    And ill be sure to let you know if i need help thanks

Hey hey hey... fellow utahrd's unite...lol
    I live in west valley ****ty... everytime I go out for a drive I see a rex around..
    All of us need to have a subbie meet here, cause I never hear of any here, yet it is 1 of the most commonplace cars here... lol
    Anyways welcome and godspeed on your new subbie purchase...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    Actually, on Nasioc, up until a couple years ago anyways, we used to have weekly meets, called them Taco Tuesday's. They were awesome until the newbie Ken Block loving Moster clothing wearing young kids came and ruined everything. Used to be a really chill time talking and drinking beer with some good food.

Any more, it just plain sucks. But they do a weekly coffee meet every Saturday at Espress yourself off of 106th south across from Mulligans. I think at 0900 or 0930, can't remember exactly what time.

But for sure, I'd be down with the Clubdub peoples getting together at least, and doing a run up Big or Little Cottonwood or even Butterfield canyon. Been itching to drive out to Johnson's pass as well, but that's a run best reserved for mid-day.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Actually, on Nasioc, up until a couple years ago anyways, we used to have weekly meets, called them Taco Tuesday's. They were awesome until the newbie Ken Block loving Moster clothing wearing young kids came and ruined everything. Used to be a really chill time talking and drinking beer with some good food.

Any more, it just plain sucks. But they do a weekly coffee meet every Saturday at Espress yourself off of 106th south across from Mulligans. I think at 0900 or 0930, can't remember exactly what time.

But for sure, I'd be down with the Clubdub peoples getting together at least, and doing a run up Big or Little Cottonwood or even Butterfield canyon. Been itching to drive out to Johnson's pass as well, but that's a run best reserved for mid-day.
    Yea that sounds way chill i love beer and food and fast cars i know what your talking about with people ruining that kind of stuff

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeTwentyEight View Post
    Yea that sounds way chill i love beer and food and fast cars i know what your talking about with people ruining that kind of stuff
    Good deal dude, maybe have to make a time to meet up at Squatters or the Bohemian for some good microbrew. I'll make a thread about it in the region specific forum .
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Good deal dude, maybe have to make a time to meet up at Squatters or the Bohemian for some good microbrew. I'll make a thread about it in the region specific forum .
    Not 21 till February

I Support ClubWRX
    Not 21 till February
    No worries, you can have a soda or something It's more about the company than about the beer, though the beer is a definite perk.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

No worries, you can have a soda or something It's more about the company than about the beer, though the beer is a definite perk.
    That is true, i would like to go on a meet asap when we get the car we should have it either tomorrow night or Saturday depending on the condition of the car after the dealership looks at it.

I Support ClubWRX
    That is true, i would like to go on a meet asap when we get the car we should have it either tomorrow night or Saturday depending on the condition of the car after the dealership looks at it.
    I wish I could do it that quick, sadly I have to work this week (wed-sat nights) and my weekend is booked. Check out the thread I made in the regional forum, hopefully we can get enough people together to make this a nice little meet. Open for suggestions and what not as well, so please comment on what you think is best.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Welcome!!

NASIOC has plenty of events.... so does SLCSubaru.com... most times there is a combination of members from both.

Taco Tuesdays (NASIOC)

Tater Tot Tuesdays (SLCSubaru)

Thursty Thursdays (SLCSubaru)

Sat 21 Aug - Mark Miller Subaru / SLCSubaru Southtowne meet - Unveiling of the 2011 STI Sedan in SLC, BBQ, potluck, free T-shirts, etc.

Sat, Sep 11th - SLCSubaru has 25 reserved spots at the annual Peach Days Car show (1000+ cars). I even got us our own class and trophy this year - only asking for $10 per car to cover the $$$ I already forked over for the trophy.

Sat, Oct 30th - Final Lap Battle at Miller Motorsports Park. Last year, we DOMINATED the place with Subarus - not just competitors, but spectators as well - it was REALLY cool. It's not "official" just yet, but I'm looking at making this an "end of the year" meet before it gets too cold.

LOTS AND LOTS of Subies here in Utah.... lots of stuff to do..... and LOTS of really cool people.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.