Just pulled the trigger on my first WRX

This is a discussion on Just pulled the trigger on my first WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I just got back from the dealer after putting a deposit down on a red 2011 WRX. It all ...

Just pulled the trigger on my first WRX

So I just got back from the dealer after putting a deposit down on a red 2011 WRX.

It all started earlier this week with a used Honda Civic SI that I was looking at to replace my 2008 Accord coming off lease, comparison shopping against a 2008 WRX with 8k miles that I had found. The dealer wouldn't budge but was offering 500 below invoice for a factory order on a new one. I left so I could think about it.

I wasn't exactly planning on buying a new car but I figured 500 below invoice was a pretty good deal to get exactly what I wanted. Until I test drove the 2008 I had no idea how much fun these cars were to drive.

I went today to the local Subaru dealer that I would rather deal with just to see what they could do, they offered to beat it by 100 bucks so I put the order in.

No idea when it will be in yet, they did warn me that it may take a while, which luckily isn't a problem, I think I can handle driving around my tank of a Suburban for a few months and I still have six weeks left on my Accord lease. I will just avoid any parking garages that the Suburban won't fit in.

I have wanted a Subaru again since I had a forester 10 years ago. Never thought it would be a WRX, I was about ready to just get an Impreza Outback sport. Although after test driving the 08, my mind was made up.

The funny thing was I had my kids in the back seat for the test drive, they were all saying how they hated the Subaru and they wanted me to get the civic. Then I made right out of the parking lot and romped on it. The squeals of joy started immediately and they all changed their mind!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats on the order!! Just as an FYI it CAN take months to get an ordered car, but it is worth it to get the car YOU want. Also, if the kids love the '08 they are gonna LOVE the '11 model lol. 09+ WRX's come with 40 or so hp extra And some other suspension upgrades as well. Enjoy!
    Stink-Eye Member #83
    2010 WRX Hatch Limited, Obsidian Black Pearl with Sports Grille
    Tinted windows/tails, TurboXS CBE

I Support ClubWRX
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/250445..._car_shooting/

Why would you go shooting a car...

(congrats on the purchase)
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/250445..._car_shooting/

Why would you go shooting a car...

(congrats on the purchase)
    That was an awesome vid

Congrats on the WRX! The 2011's look great, and red is definitely my favourite colour for the hatch. Did you get the 5-door or the sedan?

Congrats on the purchase!

What options did you opt for?

The dealer wouldn't budge but was offering 500 below invoice for a factory order on a new one. I left so I could think about it.

I wasn't exactly planning on buying a new car but I figured 500 below invoice was a pretty good deal to get exactly what I wanted.

I am trying to negotiate a price on my 2011 WRX. Could you please tell me what the invoice price was on yours?

Congrats! It's all about the kids My daughter didn't like my car at first since it wasn't my Civic anymore. Now she asks me to drive fast all the time, but being the responsible parent I only occasionally get up to the speed limit quickly.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Quote Originally Posted by mm05897 View Post
    I am trying to negotiate a price on my 2011 WRX. Could you please tell me what the invoice price was on yours?
    2011 stock WRX invoice is $25077. That includes a 725 destination fee, which may vary depending on your area.

Thanks for all the good wishes.

The invoice that I was shown by two dealers was 24807 including destination for the base model.

This was for the sedan version. I preferred the hatch but sometimes you make some concessions and the wife preferred the sedan. I decided I could easily live with it.

I went with the base model based upon the information the dealer had when we plowed through the documentation for ordering. It appeared that such items like steering wheel audio controls, bluetooth, usb connectivity were now standard on the base model. Stepping up to the premium gave you the moonroof, foglights, winter package and a tail spoiler (although a tail spoiler is listed on the base documentation we were not sure of the details). Seeing as how the only thing I would have wanted was the winter package I opted for the base. I'm 6'3 and appreciate headroom which the moonroof cut in on.

That and the fact that the only option according to the documentation that the dealer could not install at a later time was the NAV I figured I was safe, sure I may pay a little more later for installation but I would rather take my time to form my own opinions on many items I have never researched before.

So end result, 24207 was the purchase price before I added some minor items like Mirror with homelink, armrest, rear cupholders and the security shock sensor. Really the only things I could actually see with my own eyes at the dealership. The total before taxes and fees with my options was 24619.00.

There was some confusion on some minor items so the dealer said they would work with me if something really needed to be added or changed once the car came in and charge me invoice for any necessary parts. This was agreed upon because this was the first WRX they have ordered and they were not positive on everything in terms of changes to models.

Killer price! That dealer is a keeper. I chose not to go with the premium package either but I did get front heated seats for a $250 option.

It's obnoxious that they tied the spoiler into the premium package for the sedan when it's standard on the hatchback base package.

Congrats on the purchase!

Didn't see heated seats as an individual option, but I have been doing some research and it seems that there is the possibility that the rear spoiler is now included in the base model unlike previous years.

That would be a bonus, I will hopefully be able to get some more details and possibly a brochure when I swing back by the dealer next week for an update.

This wait is going to kill me.

Thanks for the info. Yes, the wait is going to drive you crazy. I ordered mine back in June and have not been able to sleep well since due to the anticipation.

Congratulations on your order! It's only been 2 weeks since I ordered mine, and I'm having trouble sleeping! I also keep thinking I see it out in the parking lot, but alas it's only my imagination.

It seems that you all got a better deal than I did, but I'm still satisfied. I ordered a 5-door Limited with SPT exhaust, short shifter & Homelink mirror. IIRC, it came to $29,000ish.

Of course, I'm not even thinking of the money right now...just the car, not in my driveway!
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me