Questions from a future WRX owner

This is a discussion on Questions from a future WRX owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was just wondering if any owners here have ever been able to find a new WRX at MSRP (000), ...

Questions from a future WRX owner

I was just wondering if any owners here have ever been able to find a new WRX at MSRP ($25000), or are they always marked up and/or optioned out? I'm planning to get mine either late this year or early next year, I'm waiting for the 2011 because I want the STI looks, but not the STI price. I've looked around at my local dealers, and most of them never have any WRX's in stock, or they may have one STI for around $35000, which is frankly out of my price range. Based on your experiences, how likely will it be for me to walk into a dealer and drive out with a WRX for the MSRP?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you are looking to get a 2011 below MSRP and you KNOW that you want a 2011 without needing a test drive (just test drive a 2010 and then look at an STi) then you should consider pre-ordering now instead of waiting until they hit dealerships.

I worked with several dealerships in getting prices on a 2011 and the basic understanding I have is that when it's a pre-order, they are able to work the books a little harder to get you a better deal. When you think about it, it makes sense. A pre-ordered car is just about no work for the dealership. They place the order, call you when it's in and then cash the check. For a car to stay on the lot they have to pay fees every month, they have to keep it clean, take it on test drives and deal with the potential that it might not sell at all and depreciate.

I wrote up a thread detailing my experiences here:

My journey to purchasing a 2011 WRX

If you don't have the choice to do this and you need to wait, then I would say that you still have a very good shot to walk out of a dealership paying somewhere between MSRP and invoice price for the car. You may need to comparison shop at several dealers to find one that will play ball with you, but the discount is worth the effort.

Good luck and happy hunting!

you can order one with however many or few options that you want. its just gonna take a long time, like months. make sure you get the timing right. most dealers will let you place an order with just $500 down, and refund all the deposit if you have to back out for any reason. I would order sooner rather later.

good luck, they are awesome cars!!!
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

You can have the dealer search for 1 or you can specilal order a bare bones wrx to more meet your price range... the last time I looked at new wrx's they had a few that were. Below 28K, but that was back in 2009... you can also look to see if they have any 09 or 10's out there on the used lot... A lot are below 10K miles too and are still in perfect condition...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I bought my WRX about three weeks ago. My salesman is a really good friend of mine, so he went to bat for me. He did say that most WRX's are going for MSRP, if not a few hundred over.

Like others here, I searched all over the midwest and only found like three in a 300 mile radius. Fortunately, I found my dream ride (WRX Premium Hatchback in Black) and was able to secure it. My salesman friend got the dealership to sell it to me for $200 over invoice (or something like that).

Good luck.