Picked up a Bug Eye!

This is a discussion on Picked up a Bug Eye! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Alright so after about a month of searching I came across an 02 WRX in Texas with 56,500K on it ...

Picked up a Bug Eye!

Alright so after about a month of searching I came across an 02 WRX in Texas with 56,500K on it (Completely stock). So my dad and a buddy of mine drove from NC straight to Houston. 3 days later I'm back home typing this thread. Had a few questions on my first mod, gauges. Figured it'd be a nice starting platform to see what my car runs stock.. Any idea on what would be a good setup? What are the 3 main gauges I should have (boost, etc.)

If you would please give me your thoughts and if possible direct me to a thread with all the how-too's.
    Most of all just wanting to throw myself out on the forum and am glad I'm finally a part of the Suby community.
    Taylor L.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome! If you do a quick search there is a thread for the order in which you should do your mods (obviously, you can do certain things differently) but, start with an uppipe. The stock one is catted and really restricts your turbo spool up. It can also be quite dangerous for your turbo because it can break apart and destroy the compressor wheel.

I recently became an owner of an 02 as well, and I'm pretty close to you. We should go out for a drive some time

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

boost, wideband or egt, and oil pressure.

it depends what you are tyring to do with you wrx to determine what kind of setup you want to run.

gut your up pipe ASAP bro

Attn '02-'05 WRX Owners: The Importance of the Uppipe Mod

and here's a great how-to

http://www.scoobymods.com/best-damn-...ipe-t6649.html

welcome!

Love bugeyes!!
    Northern Lights Customs

'Helpin' the hood, one can of spraypaint at a time

Bugeye mafia #321!
    XPT Stage II

Great info!

I think I'll be buying the gauges and up pipe together then. Thanks for the site links, I'll be looking more into them in the next couple of weeks. But for right now I'm going to give her a wash, that long ride from Texas did it's tole! Haha, I'll see if I can manage to post pics up later!