n00b in need of help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on n00b in need of help within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all! I just joined this forum and love Subaru. I'm thinking about purchasing one that seems to be a ...

Smile n00b in need of help

Hello all!
    I just joined this forum and love Subaru. I'm thinking about purchasing one that seems to be a great deal and is even close to my house as well. Just wanting some second opinions for reassurance.

http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/cto/1882462626.html

Let me know what you guys think and thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    What aftermarket parts are on it? That price is low if the engine is in good shape it should be more money. When was the timing belt done?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

my concern is the car has 115k+ miles with some aftermarket performance parts. which usually means the car was driven hard and for a long time. you need to take a close look at the car and make serious note of any flaws. a mechanical flaw on a car like this will usually lead to a bunch of major flaws in a matter of months

but if you are looking for a fast car to beat on and push to the limits then resell it, i'd say go for it
    "I had some 110 octaine left over from my bike, I didn't know what to do with it, so I put it in my civic, this is the only time I have a chance to beat you, first one up the three lanes wins"~my brother

I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't touch it. He doesn't give the impression that he knows about vehicles.

I'd buy a modified car if it were done correctly, and if it was done by a competent person. Otherwise, don't touch it. Doesn't sound like he knows squat.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

+1 on everybody's replies

Someone that knows Subies would list what they have done to the car not post "some aftermarket performance parts". Walk away.
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
    Blobeye Syndicate #311

Registered User thatscoobyrocks's Avatar
    If it does n't feel or sound right walk away.

Always best to try and find a car you know the history of or stock with all the paperwork and dealer stamps and do your own mods.
    Ultimate STIimulation

S800B AC 2008 Guiness World Record Holder - 1 of 1086 in the largest car mosaic

i agree with everyone else, but some people are just airheads and don't post that kind off information, as for the price its a bit low, id get a good mechanic and take him to look at the car, also i don't think that the rear lights are aftermarket, to me they look like they were smoked using 14$ spray from autozone, and there is no way that the fronts and rears = 1000...

actually best thing to do is find a WRX owner near you and have them test drive it, look for any knocking, lack of boost, and things of such. An experienced WRX owner will usually know if anything is wrong with it right away.

to be honest if you want to spend a little more money there is an 04 STI for 12000 at my buddy's shop with s. Tech lowering springs, and some weird 16" rims on it. It has a Boost controller as well. My buddy bought it on auction for 8000 because the clutch was sticking, and it turned out that just the spring was put in backwards... anyway he's only asking 12000 and i think its worth it :]

Registered User Fritz_the_Chick's Avatar
    All I know is Rockford Fosgate sucks. I would pass based on that information alone. Kidding. But not really. If that person actually thinks that is quality sound, then something is CLEARLY wrong with his judgment.

ShinceN has the best idea of finding a WRX owner to take it for a spin. Otherwise, look for a car that's stock, anyway. At least you'll kinda know what you're dealing with. Kind of.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the Club!

I'd keep looking. The less modified the better.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Seriously, if they don't post what the modifications are, don't give it a second look. Try to look for something that hasn't Bern modded. You'll be happier in the long run.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

I bought my 02 wrx for 6800 bone stock with 114k miles on it. I live in wa state but i found it real close to where my brother lives in LA so i had him test drive it... i flew down and drove it myself... long story short his dad bought it for his son but fell in love with it... then decided to upgrade to an sti instead of putting money into it... he was rich and didn't really care about how much he got out of it... i was very lucky on my purchase... so you might just be as well... test drive it and have someone look it over cuz you might just have an amazing car there with someone who doesn't know the value of the car!
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

yeah but you bought your car bone stock. if this guy had a hack job install ebay CAIs it could be bad news bears. I think the key to car buying other than the obvious research is to be patient. more deals will be come, just wait for a stock one priced right and get someone to check it out. best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by Cmaj7th View Post
    yeah but you bought your car bone stock. if this guy had a hack job install ebay CAIs it could be bad news bears. I think the key to car buying other than the obvious research is to be patient. more deals will be come, just wait for a stock one priced right and get someone to check it out. best of luck
    I completely agree, I was searching for the right car for several months, then I found this one for 2k under blue book value driven by an older couple with a car seat in the back.
    "I had some 110 octaine left over from my bike, I didn't know what to do with it, so I put it in my civic, this is the only time I have a chance to beat you, first one up the three lanes wins"~my brother

Quote Originally Posted by VT06rex View Post
    I completely agree, I was searching for the right car for several months, then I found this one for 2k under blue book value driven by an older couple with a car seat in the back.
    actually that is a good point as well, old people alway drive slow, and never push the car. Buying a car in a haste will almost always make you regret it.

Registered User Fritz_the_Chick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinceN View Post
    actually that is a good point as well, old people alway drive slow, and never push the car.
    What, pray tell, qualifies an 'old' person? Someone with young kids? If so, then I am an ancient 31 year old.

Secondly, old people do not always drive slow. Many old people try to be conscientious of their vehicles and do not drive them into the ground or participate in street racing. On the other hand, many old people (me) enjoy getting into the twisties, using engine braking, counter steering, and down shifting to pass those pesky Civics on the highway...

I ain't sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast