Soon to be a proud owner of a Subaru!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Soon to be a proud owner of a Subaru! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi guys! My name is Minh. I'm from the OC down in So Cal. I just wanted to introduce myself ...

Soon to be a proud owner of a Subaru!

Hi guys! My name is Minh. I'm from the OC down in So Cal. I just wanted to introduce myself as a soon to be owner of a 2011 WRX. I'm a total noob when it comes to Subies, so I hope to learn a lot about my future car as well as the previous gen WRXs. My very first (and current) car is my beat up 1995 Nissan Maxima... so trading it up to a WRX will be a sweet change! I'm sooooo looking forward to it as well as meeting other WRX enthusiasts

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome... post some pictures when you get your new beast... read the stickys in the forums area to learn more about your soon to be new car...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

WELCOME!!

I cant wait to see some photos of your new baby!

Quote Originally Posted by SubieNoobie View Post
    Hi guys! My name is Minh. I'm from the OC down in So Cal. I just wanted to introduce myself as a soon to be owner of a 2011 WRX. I'm a total noob when it comes to Subies, so I hope to learn a lot about my future car as well as the previous gen WRXs. My very first (and current) car is my beat up 1995 Nissan Maxima... so trading it up to a WRX will be a sweet change! I'm sooooo looking forward to it as well as meeting other WRX enthusiasts
    have you ever owned a 4WD before? its such an intence diference driving a 4WD comparing to 2WD ;] youl love it haha but itl make you have to prety much re-learn driving rearwheel drive cars haha

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Welcome... post some pictures when you get your new beast... read the stickys in the forums area to learn more about your soon to be new car...
    Thanks! Ill be sure to read the stickys. Pics will be up as soon as I drive my new baby home. Although it probably wont be for another 2 months at least... still saving up for a big down payment

Quote Originally Posted by JovicA View Post
    WELCOME!!

I cant wait to see some photos of your new baby!
    I cant wait to drive it home!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinceN View Post
    have you ever owned a 4WD before? its such an intence diference driving a 4WD comparing to 2WD ;] youl love it haha but itl make you have to prety much re-learn driving rearwheel drive cars haha
    nope, i have never owned a 4WD before and the only 4WD ive driven are toyota lancruiser and land rover discovery haha! the only car ive ever owned is my 95 maxima... had it for +6 years now (since senior year of high school).
    i mean my maxima is not too horrible, stock power is a decent 190hp/205tq; i did install a stillen popcharger intake and an apex'i world sport2 muffler so it sounds much faster than it really is hahaha. i did some suspension too: tein h-tech springs, kyb gr2 struts, aspec fstb, and progress rsb. plus i have hawk hps pads all around, as well as 17x7.5 wheels wrapped in 235/45R17 kumho ecsta spt tires. it served me well as a daily driver as well as a weekend canyon runner (believe it or not! haha!) ill miss it dearly, so many great memories

but i doubt that ill be sad for long after driving the '11 wrx home!
    Last edited by SubieNoobie; 08-07-2010 at 09:23 AM.

haha right :] i had an 99 s10 that was pushing 320hp, and it was a great truck loved it felt powerful and it was pretty fast, but my brother's WRX is so much more stable, and feels better to drive and its much faster :] especially after you add some handling moods :] 4WD are truly the best cars to buy, own and drive :]

Im pretty sure you don't drive in snow as much as me... but im an avid snowboarder and the subies handle so.much better than large suv's when going up.the mountains... you will love it!
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

Quote Originally Posted by SubieNoobie View Post
    Thanks! Ill be sure to read the stickys. Pics will be up as soon as I drive my new baby home. Although it probably wont be for another 2 months at least... still saving up for a big down payment
    Yeah no problem man... I saved up for 2 years so I could get my rex and I love it... the wait is killer, I wanted 1 for 8 years when they 1st came out and now I finally have 1... you'll love it once you do get it...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

Registered User thatscoobyrocks's Avatar
    Minh,

welcome to the Subie community, once you own a WRX theres no going back Well worth the wait IMO.

Andy
    Ultimate STIimulation

S800B AC 2008 Guiness World Record Holder - 1 of 1086 in the largest car mosaic

Quote Originally Posted by thatscoobyrocks View Post
    Minh,

welcome to the Subie community, once you own a WRX theres no going back Well worth the wait IMO.

Andy
    thanks Andy! haha yeh, i have a feeling my waiting will definitely be worth it! =)

so i've finally gotten my '11 wrx back in the very end of sept '10! sorry i've been busy with work and school and all that to post up pics of my new wrx anyways ive actually only taken a few pics so don't hate! i've been pretty lazy. i need to go and have an actual photoshoot some time haha

oh yeh, so in the 3 months that i have been driving my new '11 wrx, i've learned:

1) driving manual is a blast and its a pain (this is my first MT car and i learned MT in it!)
    2) the wrx is a force to be reckoned due to it's great 'out-of-the-box' performance
    3) awd inspires confidence in wet rainy conditions (socal had a lot of off-and-on heavy rainfall for the past few months)
    4) i miss my old '95 nissan maxima... but my new wrx has been very good to me and i will be looking forward to spending many years with it!

Nice... so how do ya like her? Is she everything you expected her to be?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

she's everything and more haha, im very happy with my wrx

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.