2.0 liter vs. 2.5 liter - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2.0 liter vs. 2.5 liter within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Welcome to the club... if you're buying a crate engine... the EJ22T, or a built EJ257 would be your best ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club... if you're buying a crate engine... the EJ22T, or a built EJ257 would be your best bet. There are EJ257 crate engines available for the sand rails that do not have AVCS heads. If this is for a project car... get on a sand rail site.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanx SD..I'll search the site for differences in ecu's over the years.

Purchasing a 2.5 STI/WRX

Okay! Here goes, I have a 1970's Air-cooled Volkswagen. I want to put in a 2.5 liter STI engine. I'm looking for at least a 2007 due to the lack of turbo problems that I've heard that were associated with the earlier models. I live in Idaho, and everyone that I've talked with has told me that they can't get an engine that new. I absolutely HATE the word can't!!!!! I don't believe in it!!!! I want all the goodies, the computer, harness, turbo, and a/c. Basically I want to have a turn key engine that all I have to modify is the Air Intake Pipe, Oil Pan, and the Exhaust. I think that's a pretty easy order to fill. I've seen the link with the '65 VW online, so I know that it can be done. I just want to find a company in the United States that sells these engines so that I get the rest of this project underway!!!! Please Help!!!

THANKS!!!!

Save yourself the trouble of an engine install...

And just buy an '07 Sti ... you won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaru View Post
    Save yourself the trouble of an engine install...

And just buy an '07 Sti ... you won't regret it.
    The point, I think you missed it.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Quote Originally Posted by TURBOTOM2010 View Post
    That's some great information. Let me ask this. Will the 2.5 bolt in and connect up where a 2.0 was? Say like in an '03 WRX, can a rebuilt or low mile 2.5 from a wrecked donor go in without major issues?
    I know I'm probably going off topic, but I'm curious. Got the fever and the only cure is Subie..Gonna happen soon.
    Yes you can easily do it. Only problem will be running the avcs. You'll have to run a stand alone to to get that up and running. Either that or buy the wiring and ecu from an avcs car and at that point you'd have to run the drive by wire. It would just be cheaper and easier and less time either not running the avcs and keep your wrx ecu or standalone and wire it up. I won't be running it at least for a little to see how much of a difference it is and if it'll be worth me doing.

Now to the 2.0 vs 2.5. Only reason i'd ever run a 2.0 is if it's a jdm high reving engine. It would be great for a track but other then that it's kind of like driving a honda civic si. Who doesn't like reving to 7500-8000 rpms. The 2.5 is more of a daily drivable engine. Bigger is pretty much always better. Everything you do to your car with the 2.5 will net you bigger gains. lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12