Hello from Central Texas
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hello from Central Texas within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, i've had my bugeye for a few months but just now joined the site. Car info is in ...

Hello from Central Texas

Hey everyone, i've had my bugeye for a few months but just now joined the site. Car info is in my profile, soon to post pics. Anybody from the Austin/Georgetown area might have seen me driving around (silver 02 wrx with carbon fiber body kit and fiberglass hood with FMIC and black enkei rims).
    Any questions feel free to PM.
    Glad to be a member
    Zach

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome.
    I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee

Blobeye Syndicate Member #72

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by inferno2112 View Post
    Hey everyone, i've had my bugeye for a few months but just now joined the site. Car info is in my profile, soon to post pics. Anybody from the Austin/Georgetown area might have seen me driving around (silver 02 wrx with carbon fiber body kit and fiberglass hood with FMIC and black enkei rims).
    Any questions feel free to PM.
    Glad to be a member
    Zach
    Hey I'm from the Austin/Georgetown Area. Do you work on your own car? Or do you have a reputable Subie mechanic you use here?

Jesus Christ these posts are old, damn -.-

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrix View Post

Yeah, he hasn't been on the site since 2011.

I live in North Austin.. do a lot of my own work, for tougher things like engine assembly I would go through people I know in the area. I have been less than impressed with the local shops.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post

Yeah, he hasn't been on the site since 2011.

I live in North Austin.. do a lot of my own work, for tougher things like engine assembly I would go through people I know in the area. I have been less than impressed with the local shops.
    Who would you recommend for engine swaps? I am having a hard time finding ANY good Subaru Techs here in the Austin/Round Rock/ Georgetown area. Besides MZM performance who is closed for relocation right now.

If I wanted to do an engine swap right now, I'd probably try to get William Simopoulos to help me do it at home.. although he has moved up to the Killeen area, I'm sure he wouldn't mind making the drive to Austin if you've got enough cash.

In fact, I'm more or less getting ready to swap an engine into my WRX right now.. I just need to finish clearing out the garage and move the car inside. I'm going to do as much as I can myself, then if I end up needing help, or some extra parts I plan on giving Billy a call and see if he can come down to help me finish it up.

If you're wanting to go more the shop route, drop your car off and throw money at them till it's done.. I guess I would go talk to the guys at Stout Performance and see what they think about doing it. Another option would be to take it to JMS in San Antonio, or Kozmic Motorsports in Houston.

There are also a couple guys in the Bat City Subies Facebook group who do installs for people in their garage/driveway.. I haven't really taken the time to get to know any of them, but from what I can tell they do good work.

I have a shop I can work on it at. I'm wanting to swap an (I know cliche at this point) Ej207 into my 2005 WRX.
    Is this something that William or Billy can assist in? Or were you speaking specifically of Ej205/20t swaps?

I can do most of the mechanical stuff myself. I just need someone that knows how to do it right to help me.

The vehicle currently isn't running if that matters to them at all.
    Can I get into contact with William or Billy through this site?

One more question, when will you be doing this swap?
    Id like to offer a set of hands with it.
    I can learn a little more, and you can have some free help lol.

I have a shop I can work on it at. I'm wanting to swap an (I know cliche at this point) Ej207 into my 2005 WRX.
    Is this something that William or Billy can assist in? Or were you speaking specifically of Ej205/20t swaps?

I can do most of the mechanical stuff myself. I just need someone that knows how to do it right to help me.

The vehicle currently isn't running if that matters to them at all.
    Can I get into contact with William or Billy through this site?

One more question, when will you be doing this swap?
    Id like to offer a set of hands with it.
    I can learn a little more, and you can have some free help lol.

Yeah, Billy could do that.. are you planning on running the JDM ECU and engine wiring harness as well? I either text message, or Facebook pm him.. https://www.facebook.com/william.simopoulos.9?fref=ts

I'm going to start putting my car back together as soon as I can get it inside the garage and get some free time.. I've been steadily cleaning the garage and attic out for the last three weeks, but the side that the car will go in is still all stacked up with stuff. Hopefully, I will have it moved inside and ready to work on in about three more weeks, but who knows.. I've got a lot of other stuff going on right now, so the car isn't really top priority.

Yes I am planning on using the jdm ecu and wiring harness to run avcs.i plan on getting a tune on the jdm ecu and a tune on the usdm ecu to pass emissions when that time comes.

Ah okay I understand sometimes more important things come first.
    Well when the time comes for you to put your car back together I'd be glad to help and provide the food/drink! It's the least I could do for all of your help!

Also can you get me into contact with Billy?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.