My first WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My first WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello people! Nice to meet you all. I just got my first self-owned car. Before that I had a 1999 ...

Smile My first WRX

Hello people!

Nice to meet you all. I just got my first self-owned car. Before that I had a 1999 toyota corolla that my mom let me drive to work while i was home for summer. Now that I made enough money, I finally decided to get myself a car.

I am 18 years old, and went from a 120 horsepower toyota corolla

to a 230 horsepower subaru wrx

The car is bone stock, and I love it that way.

P.S. Sorry about the size of the images!
    Last edited by Sc00by_doo; 08-01-2010 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Sorry guys, I'm learning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That will change very fast lol. I have a 07 STi and Im craving more power. At least get your car tuned if it isnt already. Congrats on the auto and get your links working or just paste image code ha.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    congrats on the upgrade. drive safe

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

sweet ride man

Way to step it up! Congrats on the new ride.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Thank you everyone.

I was thinking of doing tires for the car, since I go to school in Buffalo and need (not summer) tires.

I want to get winter tires, but I hear that they don't last long and it gets pricey. So I decided to get all-seasons.

Any ideas on rims&tires? I do a lot of shopping before I buy things that cost so much so I do like to hear input from people.

thanks

Props to you! Congrats!! Just remember to take it easy, at 18 you're a target. Prove the insurance companies wrong.

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new WRX purchase. Learn about your car before (or if) you decide to modify.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

congrats on the car and welcome to the subie club. i've had mine for a year now and i could not be more satisfied. in terms of tire advice i can vouch for michelin pilot exalto a/s tires. they're a bit on the expensive side but they are incredibly good in snow, and while no all season tires are great for dry weather grip, they have enough to be entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by Sc00by_doo View Post
    I want to get winter tires, but I hear that they don't last long and it gets pricey.
    I fall into the runs all seasons all year round category, too much hassle for me to switch back and forth.

That said I have run winter tires on other cars. Assuming they're used during the part of the year when they're supposed to be used, i.e. don't run them until June, they can last several winters.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.