Hello everyone
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hello everyone within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats up everybody. I owned a 2.5 rs for a few years and just purchased a 2006 wrx limited a ...

Hello everyone

Whats up everybody. I owned a 2.5 rs for a few years and just purchased a 2006 wrx limited a few weeks ago and I love it but I am trying to understand how everthing works with a turbocharged motor. I am currently looking to get 300 hp or more out of my car but the more I read the more nervous I get about touching my car. I drive this car often so I just need some guidance of where to go. Where I am right now for the first mod to my car, I'm leaning towards a cobb stage 2 accesport with full turbo exhaust combo. Would this be a good first mod or somthing else.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if you wanted 300+ you should have gone with an sti. but if i were you i would go full exhaust, bost controller/gauge and bov for starters that wont add to much hp but it starts to set you up. Down the road you will prbly have to get a bigger turbo, tune ect... doing all the mods will defintly reduce the life of the car pending on how you drive it

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    TBE Exhaust, yes, Cobb AccessPort, if you'd like, but you'll need tuning of some kind. AccessPorts are the most popular form of tuning people use these days, but there are other options like OpenSource tuning. If your goal is power oriented, then going with a TBE and "Stage 2" tune is the very first thing you should do.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamA View Post
    if you wanted 300+ you should have gone with an sti. but if i were you i would go full exhaust, bost controller/gauge and bov for starters that wont add to much hp but it starts to set you up. Down the road you will prbly have to get a bigger turbo, tune ect... doing all the mods will defintly reduce the life of the car pending on how you drive it
    WRX's can handle about 300 WHP somewhat reliably, though the transmission is more of a limiting factor. The pistons are also a weak point so realize when you're upping the power, you're increasing your risk of failure at either of those points. To correct your post though, a Boost Controller should ONLY EVER be used with an accompanying custom tune, no ifs ands or buts about it, you can very easily damage an engine when switching out boost controll methods without tuning. A boost gauge is a great idea to keep an eye on how things are working in your car. A BOV is not necessary and should be the last thing on your list. You won't get any gains from it at all, only more noise and a very slight rich condition between shifts which can cause backfiring and carbon deposits, requiring more maintenance.

In order to obtain the 300WHP number, you're going to need a bigger turbo, there is no possible way to reach 300WHP on the TD04. With bigger turbo comes need for bigger intercooler and bigger injectors, fuel pump is preferred, though not entirely necessary.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Thank you for the feedback. I will be starting off my project with a stage 2 accesport with the full turbo back exhaust.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. Nice upgrade
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.