Like everyone else on this I too am newbie to this site!

This is a discussion on Like everyone else on this I too am newbie to this site! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Subie guys my Steven and I got my 1st 06 WRX and it my first manual cars as will, ...

Like everyone else on this I too am newbie to this site!

Hey Subie guys my Steven and I got my 1st 06 WRX and it my first manual cars as will, and I got to say that this car is one hell of a ride. the only thing that I has is a 3" cat back exhaust from cobb and I have a downpipe has the hole for the I guess o2 sensore but I'm afaird of putting it on and the check engine light comes on any advise?? I would like to say to everyone good luck with there rides and I would like to know if any subie guy meet up in the bronx or NYC area let me know!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User jennsfootprints's Avatar
    Welcome! My first subaru was my first manual as well and it was so much fun to learn on! Welcome to the family.
    Lucky is the man that finds a girl who loves driving his car as much as he does!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!! Congrats on the purchase!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Welcome, and congrats on the new ride.

Not sure I completely follow; so your downpipe is not currently installed? The fitting on the top of the bell mouth portion of the downpipe is for a wideband O2 sensor, just another parameter you can get a gauge for, or to be used during the tuning process. The fitting towards the end of the downpipe is for your factory O2 sensor that measures the efficiency of your cats.

If the downpipe is installed, do you currently have a CEL? Do you know for certain if the car's been tuned and/or do you have a Cobb Accessport?
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

to Mudferret

Hey thanks to you all and hell yea this car is fun to drive

@Mud I know that the downpipe and the bug on the bottom end of the downpipe and I don't know if it was tune with an accessport or not I was thing about tune her because as funny as it sound someone told me that it would save on gas a little. the only thing is I'm good on affording maintanence but would like to do some mod but kind of on a budget because i use her for work so looking for affordable mods, and looking for WRX guy to meet up with in the NYC area as well.

welcome to the family! fun times in here... lots of info for you to learn on here and alot of laughs as well! haha
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

haha go trough the every day impreza talk section and read the posts!! you will learn a bunch :] WELCOME BTW

The stock tune, and Accessport generic maps run rich so you do burn more gas.

I recently got a protune, and despite the fact that I'm stepping on the throttle a LOT more, my gas mileage has gone up slightly. Curious to see how much gas I'd burn if I drove like a granny, much less than stock I'm sure.

Good luck.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

how much did the protune cost you and where did you do it at? i have 02WRX, and am about to put catless down and up pipes, and would like to know where i can get a good tune done at, if you want ill PM you the list of moods on my car to get your opinion. :]

Welcome... you'll love your rex more and more everyday... and welcome to the subaru family!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

welcome wasnt my first manual car but by far the best and most fun to drive
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

welcome!

welcome! heyy im a new to the subie scene too... well at least i will be once i drive it home in a few months from now. it will be my first manual car as well!