BUYING NEW CAR... need some opioions.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on BUYING NEW CAR... need some opioions. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Im looking at 3 cars right now. 07 wrx - 59000 mi. front bumper is spider and looks like it ...

BUYING NEW CAR... need some opioions.

Im looking at 3 cars right now.

07 wrx - 59000 mi. front bumper is spider and looks like it hit something. Cost - 21000
    Sales guy said no test drive because he doesnt want somebody clutch dropping it and blowing the motor

07 evo mr. - 77000 mi. looks to be pretty straight but im a little sketchy on the mileage. Cost - 24000
    Sales guy said no test drive because he doesnt want somebody clutch dropping it and blowing the motor again.

07 mazdaspeed3 - 26000 mi. Cleanest of all three but im a not to keen on the FWD. Cost - 18000

Any advice?

p.s. all are from dealerships. no warranty on any of them other than 30 days 1kmi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RichFrank View Post
    Any advice?
    Find a better dealer. If they don't want the car test driven they must love the car. They can keep it. You get to keep the money.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    wrx- WAY overpriced.

evo- way too many miles. way overpriced. here in FL- evo's are going for that price all day long w/ 30k miles & under.

ms3- best deal out of the 3. if you dont like fwd though- dont get the car.

these arent the only wrx & evo's in the world. dont bein a rush. take the time to find the perfect car for you.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Thanks a lot. I'm leaving for school in a month so i need something before then but I guess i may need to wait.

spend the extra 4-5 grand and get a brand new wrx with no baggage from a previous owner and a 36k/60k warranty from the dealer.

I dont like the new body style. But is there a mileage i should be looking to stay under? i.e. I can get a 2007 STI w/ 72kmi for around 20k. I assume thats way overpriced?

I Support ClubWRX
    on average cars should put 10-15000 miles a year. the cars you are looking at just have way too many mileage. not that it's a bad thing but the prices they're asking are crazy.

desiree

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    on average cars should put 10-15000 miles a year.
    Why? What is the average commute distance in your area?
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Im looking at 3 cars right now.

07 wrx - 59000 mi. front bumper is spider and looks like it hit something. Cost - 21000
    Sales guy said no test drive because he doesnt want somebody clutch dropping it and blowing the motor
    Way too high. I bought an 06 WRX with 65,000 for $13k. Granted it wasn't from a dealer but at least I got to test drive it!
    2006 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX
    http://www.rapidcars.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Why? What is the average commute distance in your area?
    i'm not sure what you mean by "why". several studies have shown thats about the average amount of miles most americans put on per year.

desiree

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    i'm not sure what you mean by "why". several studies have shown thats about the average amount of miles most americans put on per year.
    I'm wondering who has short commutes and where they live. 20K is routine here.

sorry again.

Opinion on a stock wrx w/ 60kmi for 17k? clean but the front bumper has same spider'd paint as the other one i mentioned.

Im really trying not to get ripped off and want some opinions.

p.s. i know this is a subaru forum and thats what im leaning towards. That being said should i even look at an rx-8? Especially one w/ 60-80kmi?
    Last edited by RichFrank; 07-29-2010 at 06:42 PM.

mileage seems very high for the WRX for the price. I got my 2004 WRX with 44,000 miles for 14,900.

I Support ClubWRX
    Opinion on a stock wrx w/ 60kmi for 17k? clean but the front bumper has same spider'd paint as the other one i mentioned.
    You've not mentioned the model year, options, location, and service history.

That being said should i even look at an rx-8? Especially one w/ 60-80kmi?
    I'm not a Wankel fan. Others are; maybe they can help more.

yeah, the rx8 engine kinda scares me lol. Im not to sure about options but i think its a base wrx. Again its an 07 its in upstate ny, and the dealer has no service history on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast