Buying a WRX

This is a discussion on Buying a WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys. Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Josh and am making the switch from a tuned fwd Saturn Ion ...

Buying a WRX

Hey guys. Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Josh and am making the switch from a tuned fwd Saturn Ion sedan (ironic I know) to a WRX I hope. Check the Everyday section for that story and a link to the car I am considering.

My old car was fun. No one really expected to see the Saturn Ion roaring by. It was 1 of 7 silver sedans that had the 2.4L "Cobalt SS/NA" motor and a 5-speed transmission. I added an intake, removed the silencer, and trifecta tuned it. Made 164whp and 166wtq, which is ~33 over stock. It has Primax 18s with Kuhmo 225/40 ASTs. I haven't sold it yet, as I'm still waiting on the bank to decided if they want to give a new loan to a college kid who owns a company and a house that's paid off. Go figure. My car is worth 6500 or so, and I'm selling both the summer and winter wheel sets with it. I hope to get a high mileage WRX for DD usage and upgrade it as it falls apart.

Anyway, that's the basics. Anything else, just ask or check my profile.
    Josh "Ion SS"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome, happy shopping.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Welcome, happy shopping.
    Thanks

Registered User jennsfootprints's Avatar
    Welcome to the club (almost).

Shopping is the fun part! Test drive the crap out of them. Post pictures of ones that you're thinking about (engine bay, exterior, and interior) and I'm sure many people here will let you know what they think.
    Lucky is the man that finds a girl who loves driving his car as much as he does!

Quote Originally Posted by jennsfootprints View Post
    Welcome to the club (almost).

Shopping is the fun part! Test drive the crap out of them. Post pictures of ones that you're thinking about (engine bay, exterior, and interior) and I'm sure many people here will let you know what they think.
    Sweet. Here are a couple candidates. I prefer the high mileage cars since I'm going to drive them til they fall apart for work anyhow. I've also considered a high mileage Cobalt SS (since that's who I run with-Ecotec SS motor and all). My third option is to buy a 90s Impreza wagon for a grand, beating the high holy hell out of it for work, and picking up a motorcycle for driving in the warmer times, but that requires me to get a license and a whole host of safety gear. I'd honesty like to get away from GM and I'd kill myself on a bike, so I'll prolly stick to the WRX deal. I've spent my whole life driving fast on four wheels, I might as well improve upon it with one of my dream cars.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1865795537.html

http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars...za_117926346_8

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb