New member from Al.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New member from Al. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys and gals, I'm Rob. I've been in the car world for 3 years or so now of actually ...

New member from Al.

Hey guys and gals,

I'm Rob. I've been in the car world for 3 years or so now of actually working on and experimenting with cars, and I drive a Honda accord currently, which is also my beater project car. I am purchasing a 2004 wrx this Saturday, so I thought I'd go ahead and join up on the forum, because I know how much they forums helped me with my accord.

When I get pictures I will gladly post them up for everyone to see. I hope to get more involved with the community on this forum and do my share to help out other members.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome =).

Always good to have another member. If you just take your time and read the stickies around here, I'm sure you'll love the new buy. Just a heads up though they are a little more fussy than your accord. If ya do it right and take your time, you'll be in heaven.

And make sure to post pictures when ya get it =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Welcome =).

Always good to have another member. If you just take your time and read the stickies around here, I'm sure you'll love the new buy. Just a heads up though they are a little more fussy than your accord. If ya do it right and take your time, you'll be in heaven.

And make sure to post pictures when ya get it =P
    Thanks for the warm welcome! But please explain if you dont mind your comment on them being a little more fussy. Many thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    Most mods that net you any power gains will require a tune in soobies. Can't just throw most intakes on them and expect any improvements. Just have to research and see if your intake requires actually requires a tune or if it will net you any gains (intakes not so much on these cars).

Certain mods that normally are staple bets aren't as clear cut with these cars. Again with the intake issue, the stock intake really is pretty good up until 350hp supposedly. You can put on one, and get it tuned if its rough, but don't expect anywhere near normal gains compared to other cars. They are just kind of strange cars honestly.

For starters, I'd figure out a system of engine management / tuning. A stock tune will help you out power wise and smooth out the curve a bit. A bunch of options exist, check out the EM forum stickies. If you are ambitious, throw in a down pipe before tuning. That is commonly known as stage 2.

I think if you read around you will understand what I mean. They aren't "finicky" by any means, you just have to understand how the cars work before modding them. Google Unabomber's Manifesto and look up some of your common mods on it, it will help clear some stuff up.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it though, just take your time =)
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log

Very well, thank you for the information!

I don't plan on doing too many modifications to the WRX simply because I need it to last me through the rest of undergraduate and through graduate school. The accord will most likely stick around as my simple project car.

Now with that said, I think changing the intake and possibly exhaust will be things I can easily achieve. More than those mods, I just dont see myself doing....as of now.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_is_legend View Post
    More than those mods, I just dont see myself doing....as of now.
    2011 STi Build Log

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the Club!

The WRX will make a better project car than an Accord. Forced induction opens up another set of mod options.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    rob... the first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one.

modding IS AN ADDICTION and we're here to help.

step... away... from the jackstands & torque wrench.

welcome to the club. hope you enjoy yourself around here & enjoy the new subie.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Hello and welcome to the Club!

The WRX will make a better project car than an Accord. Forced induction opens up another set of mod options.
    the subie will be my DD though...thats what I'm saying. I had to get a car that would last me, and the accord just wont dont it..comfortably. lol.

Modding IS an addiction i completely agree...but for me I can only do so much being full time in school and working full time simply because all my money is going other places. But no worries...I'll be sure to have fun with what I can afford!

Going tomorrow morning to pick up the car. Here is a picture of it though, just for an update.

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

very nice wrx man, i got my 2004 WRX also this week and its a blast to drive. you'll definitely have fun with it.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    good luck with that.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

The subaru is now mine! Bought it yesterday just outside of Atlanta, Ga. I am absolutely in love with the car. I will post pictures this evening if I have the time.

sweet man, congrats!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.