Im new!

This is a discussion on Im new! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, new member and WRX owner, I've had procharged mustangs and cummins diesels so I though I'd try the ...

Im new!

Hey guys, new member and WRX owner, I've had procharged mustangs and cummins diesels so I though I'd try the AWD world out, just bough my first subaru its a 2006 WRX with 21k miles I love it, now I'm starting my questions, I have the full gold warranty bumper to bumper what can I get away wirh without ruining the warranty I want exhaust and a new BOV. Any recommendations for both are welcome I know there are threads on this stuff but between work and school my time is really limited to internet. I hope you guys can help me some thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome! Congrats on the purchase. Nice low miles. Got any pictures?

Youve come to the right place if you are looking for limitless information on upgrading your car. My advice to you would be to just research and save for right now. I mean it! READ & SAVE. Youll thank yourself in the long run. This is also a good test of your willpower

As you browse the forum's different sections, youll see "stickys" at the top of each section. There is a plethora of information, specifically on both topics youve already mentioned. As far as exhaust, there are so many different routes depending on whats important to you (looks, sound, performance, durability, etc). Most people would advise replacing not only the exhaust, but the downpipe that connects the turbo to the exhaust, thus causing less restriction in the overall flow, and providing more power. You do of course need a tune for this, and there are again many options depending on what youre looking for. I like the Cobb Accessport route, but thats just me.

As for the BOV... unless you really are sold on the sound and you find it important to have, you do not need one. They can cause the car to run poorly unless you really find the right one for your car and maintain it properly. What some people do instead is remove the silencer from the factory intake, and that will cause your cars stock bypass valve (different than a BOV) to have a more audible sound.

Anyway, just keep asking questions and reading the stickys before making any purchases-- just my 2 cents! Enjoy the car
    2006 WRB WRX Sedan @ Stage 2

www.grahamsnodgrass.com

if you want to keep your warranty go with an SPT exhaust... the dealer cant do anything about that... as for the BOV, STAY AWAY. ive heard nothing good come from them, but have heard a couple dozen storys of poorly running cars due to them... if you want that sound there are 2 things you can do, buy an spt intake or you can do an "intake silencer delete" it gives you that sweet sound as well.

and for the love of god, post some pics of that beeyach
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Welcome to the Club!

Stay away from the BoV. They will cause the engine to run poorly. Post some pics please!

Thanks for the help guys the pictures might take me a week or so I'm working full time 6-5 mon-fri and going to a local police academy from 6-10 after work so I'm beat, ill prob visit this site from my phone when I have time, thanks for the advice on the bov's but what do they do to be such a problem to engines? If I just wanted to remove the intake silencer then how do I do that?
    Last edited by 06wrxtacy; 07-27-2010 at 11:04 AM.