Got my first Subaru WRX today, and new to the forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Got my first Subaru WRX today, and new to the forum within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys just got my new car home today, a 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX. I absolutely love this car, and ...

Got my first Subaru WRX today, and new to the forum

Hey guys just got my new car home today, a 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX. I absolutely love this car, and it is a blast to drive. Plus only has 44,000 miles on it.

The upgrades it has are: full cool air intake, 3' CAT Back Exhaust, Rear strut tower bar, G-reddy turbo timer, 2' drop, 17' Redline Wheels.

Heres some pics:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice ride, welcome!
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Sweet new whip man, welcome to the suby family.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Welcome! Good looking car

thanks guys, only been the 2nd day and its the best car i've ever drove

thought i would bump this up once

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the site and congrats on the purchase! What brand of intake is on there? There is a reason why I ask, and I'll explain if need be.

Also, I'd get rid of the turbo timer, it does absolutely nothing for your car and it's money you could make back and spend on something actually worth installing.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Also, if you plan on doing any autocross with your car, which I highly suggest, there are a lot of meets up near you, well near-ish anyways. The Pocatello airport is a main SCCA event place, and it's awesome. Octoberfast will be September 25, and 26, I'd suggest you look that up . I'll be there, so if you want to go I'll be happy to help you out in any way I can.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Cool thanks man. Im not sure what brand the intake is and why is the turbo timer not worth having?

I'll have to check out that autocross. I just learned to drive stick shift on monday haha so we'll see how i've progressed by then.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dbestballa23 View Post
    Cool thanks man. Im not sure what brand the intake is and why is the turbo timer not worth having?

I'll have to check out that autocross. I just learned to drive stick shift on monday haha so we'll see how i've progressed by then.
    K, if you can find out the brand of the intake we can at least make sure it's not one that requires tuning. Some of them throw off the readings of the MAF sensor which makes it very difficult for your car to make the correct fuel adjustments to keep the air fuel ratio where it should be. Some are fine with out tuning, some aren't, so it's best to make sure.

The turbo timer isn't necessary because of the turbo being cooled by oil AND coolant. Turbo timers aren't necessary on most applications today, actually. People just put them on because they want to look cool walking away from their car while it's on, my guess anyways. There is a special resevoir for the coolant located near your turbo that gravity feeds it even after the car is shut off, so keeping the engine running is only wasting gas.

Like I said, you're better off taking it out and selling it and buying something actually worth having.

Autocross is the funnest time you'll have this year if you go, I guarantee it. Plus Octoberfast is all about the Utah vs. Idaho times and the people there are just unbelievably awesome. If you aren't driving or course working almost anyone will let you ride in their car as long as they aren't going for their best times of the day (last run in the session usually), this means Corvette's, Evo's, STi's, Mustang's, BMW's and a bunch of other cars are available to ride in and see how well they do. You can also get pointers on how to run the course that way as well.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    K, if you can find out the brand of the intake we can at least make sure it's not one that requires tuning. Some of them throw off the readings of the MAF sensor which makes it very difficult for your car to make the correct fuel adjustments to keep the air fuel ratio where it should be. Some are fine with out tuning, some aren't, so it's best to make sure.

The turbo timer isn't necessary because of the turbo being cooled by oil AND coolant. Turbo timers aren't necessary on most applications today, actually. People just put them on because they want to look cool walking away from their car while it's on, my guess anyways. There is a special resevoir for the coolant located near your turbo that gravity feeds it even after the car is shut off, so keeping the engine running is only wasting gas.

Like I said, you're better off taking it out and selling it and buying something actually worth having.

Autocross is the funnest time you'll have this year if you go, I guarantee it. Plus Octoberfast is all about the Utah vs. Idaho times and the people there are just unbelievably awesome. If you aren't driving or course working almost anyone will let you ride in their car as long as they aren't going for their best times of the day (last run in the session usually), this means Corvette's, Evo's, STi's, Mustang's, BMW's and a bunch of other cars are available to ride in and see how well they do. You can also get pointers on how to run the course that way as well.
    alright i'll figure out the brand soon so i can check that.

Yea autocross is sounding fun, is there a specific website for Octoberfast where i can get some more information?

Looks like most of the basics are covered! I recommend checking out the engine & suspension forums in the modification areas, read through some stickies on how you can help make the most out of that car! If it hasn't been done already, you should really replace the up-pipe with a non-catted piece. Preventative maintenance & a little bit of performance gain.

Ride looks nice, welcome to the club.
    2002 Silver Bugeye WRX - Bugeye Mafia #327
    "Stage 2" + STI TMIC

I Support ClubWRX
    alright i'll figure out the brand soon so i can check that.

Yea autocross is sounding fun, is there a specific website for Octoberfast where i can get some more information?
    Scheduling is done by the EISCCA at www.eisccax.com. Cal Craner is the president of that chapter, awesome guy. Him and his wife both have Cobalt SS's (new TC not SC), his wife took first in C stock class in the nation last year. He has a swapped FD RX7 with an LS6 in it as well that one of the other guys drove last year, ****ing thing took the best time of both days next to the shifter carts.

Okay, taking up too much space here talking about Octoberfast (it's the event I look forward to most every year).

Welcome to the site dude, don't hesitate to ask questions if you have them, but a word to the wise, make sure you search first, almost everything has been covered here at least once or twice.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Hey guys just got my new car home today, a 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX. I absolutely love this car, and it is a blast to drive. Plus only has 44,000 miles on it.

The upgrades it has are: full cool air intake, 3' CAT Back Exhaust, Rear strut tower bar, G-reddy turbo timer, 2' drop, 17' Redline Wheels.

Heres some pics:

Your car is very attractive. How much did you buy it? I really want to have one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast