Hi.

This is a discussion on Hi. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; New thread for new owner. I'm Rory, live in Reno/Sparks, NV. Just bought an '07 WRB WRX Wagon. Base model, ...

Hi.

New thread for new owner.

I'm Rory, live in Reno/Sparks, NV. Just bought an '07 WRB WRX Wagon. Base model, no frills. 82k. All-over So Cal traveling salesman type owner. Super clean car, a few bits of body work as to be expected with that many miles through So Cal.

Anyway, bought this specific car after about a year of searching and trying out different, some-what comparable cars (STI, Evo, R32 both '04 and '07, A4, TT, etc.). Replacing a '98 Grand Cherokee with it so needed the wagon, second day owning it I have the seats down with crap in the back.

Anyway, it's bone stock, for now.

First plans include a partial wrap to promote my business, (sorry, know it's tacky and whatnot, but gotta do what ya gotta do)

Next up:

- Wheels - thinking Rota Torques or G-Force, probably 17x8s with all seasons as we get weather here and I don't have any plans on swapping tires/wheels anymore

- Springs - thinking Epic

- Front and Rear Whiteline strut and anti-sway bars

- Thinking SPT intake and exhaust as I don't want it loud but could use a few extra ponies

- HIDs (poor night vision in wet weather, and I have a set up sitting around)

- Lots more miles

Anyway, there it be. New WRX owner joining your ranks. No pics as it's stock, and I'm not sure where my camera is.

Any fellow wagon owners with a drop and proper shoes that want to toss out ideas for wheel width and offset, shoot 'em over. Lost in this Subie world, used to sticking big wheels and tires on old VWs.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 07-23-2010 at 02:15 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Umm, yeah, forgot to mention for wheels I'm shooting for lots of concave, little lip. Also low weight, without the cost of Enkeis or OZs, which I don't really care for.

Will probably go for a wider wheel with a bit of stretch to fill the wheel wells without rub or fender modifications. So, if you have a set of 17x8-9 Rota Torques or G-Forces, I'd really appreciate some pics with the proper angle to indication concave, been through the whole wheel thread and still not sure how much I'd get. Would love to be able to slap on some BMW M3 CSLs as I love the amount of concave on those puppies.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the Club!

Replacing a 98 Cherokee? Quite a radical change - enjoy!

It would be best if you remove the link to your business - thank you for understanding: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/faq.ph...nginsignatures

If you plan on getting a second set of wheels, why not put quality summer only tires on the aftermarket rims and all season / winter only tires on the stock rims. Summer only tires have a level of grip you should experience while you have the WRX. Seriously. 17" x 8" is the perfect size to go with.

Springs and sways will be a nice addition ... especially when you have grippy summer tires (proper shoes).
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Welcome to ClubWRX!

Sway bars, wider/lighter rims, and sticky tires make a huge difference, in how the car feels.

Hid Kit's are bad mkay.
    http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...nversions.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    Good call on Dan ... I bought all four of my headlight bulbs from him - a great guy to deal with.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

Didn't realize I couldn't mention a business name - didn't include a link the first time around for that reason, but didn't think I couldn't state the name as non-linked text, my bad.

I'm at a loss on trying to find a decent looking wheel at a different price, with a decent weight. 23+ lbs for the stockers is heavy, and Rotas at 20 is not much better. I'm definitely more looking for a look that a weight, but would prefer to not compromise if possible.

I'd also like to afford the TSX projector lens swap, not sure when that'll happen though. HIDs are something I've wanted for years.

And it is quite a change from a Grand Cherokee - especially the over-equiped 5.9 I have to the base WRX, but it still feels like more car. No leather, no heated seats (no worries on that right now), none of the frufru stuff, but way more solid, and way more pleasurable to drive to work. Haven't thought of getting the bike out since I got the car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Look at the Enkei RPF-1.

I think they are 15+ pounds for a 17" x 8". Best lightweight wheel for the buck.
    Mods & Pics

That's the lightest I've found too, just not sure if I can afford the extra duckies. Also not jazzed about the visuals, and would want to get them powder coated right off the bat, so at double the cost it's hard to stomach.

Just kind of shocked at the weight of the stock wheels, as well as the Rotas. Guess that's what you get for the price, though.

May end up having to splurge on Ultraleggeras if I can scrounge up enough.

Anyone know the weight on the Buddy Club six-spoke wheels?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rory_a View Post
    May end up having to splurge on Ultraleggeras if I can scrounge up enough.
    They are quite a bit heavier than the RPF-1.
    Mods & Pics

Sorry, I was thinking of the Alleggerita, which is the same as the RPF-1. But, I'm not the kind to drop that kind of money on wheels for a daily.

And while I know I should go for a summer-specific tire, I don't want to be buying two sets of tires this year, don't want to store the extra set, and don't want to swap any longer. So, it's a performance all-season is in order. I've liked the Fuzion tires in the past and will likely go for those again as an interim tire to replace the current set, which only have a couple thousand miles left on them.

Trying tapatalk for the first time,with image no less
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg  

New shoes. Rota G Force, 17x7.5, 48mm, flat black with Bridgestone RE070 225/45 STI take offs, nicely used
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg