Nooby with big dreams! help?

This is a discussion on Nooby with big dreams! help? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; im not even out of highschool yet, but earlier on in my life i was involved in a accident, anyways, ...

Nooby with big dreams! help?

im not even out of highschool yet, but earlier on in my life i was involved in a accident, anyways, we just settled outside of court not to long ago, i have a full ride in college and around 35k left after college. i cant even touch the money for 3 years, my budget for my new car would be around 10k after i bought the car. i was curious for 10 grand what i could put in a 2004 wrx to bump its horsies and make it my own. basically something to put my wrx out of the stock wrx crowd. if anyone could help me out with this and provide kind of a rough draft list of aftermarkets?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, with 10k by that point I'm sure you'll be able to get an 04 and do some work on it. Also, you have plenty of time to read about everything. I'd take some time and look over a lot of the stickies posted here. If you google Unabomber's Manifesto, there is some great info too. You have to really read about upgrades for these cars before hand it seems. Very touchy if not done properly, and normally need tuned for any engine power increases.

I'd say wait and see what comes up in the market before you make any decisions. It is pretty hard to get used ones in good condition, and you might be shopping for a while to find one just a heads up. If you buy used, know what to look for and when to turn and run from the deal.

Welcome to the forum. Just spend some time reading, this is a great place to start learning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

thank you very much,

ya i understand that i do have 3 years, and to be honost the wrx isnt my final choice on car to get, i have a few other cars ive been thinking about too.

I Support ClubWRX
    Because so many things can change between now and then it may not be very useful to list parts available currently as they may no longer be relevant. In fact the car itself may no longer be relevant. I'd enjoy this forum, other fora for other cars or other hobbies, and just wait. There are sticky threads to read meanwhile.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the Club!

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Because so many things can change between now and then it may not be very useful to list parts available currently as they may no longer be relevant. In fact the car itself may no longer be relevant. I'd enjoy this forum, other fora for other cars or other hobbies, and just wait. There are sticky threads to read meanwhile.
    ^ Aye. Three years is a relatively long time in terms of what you want to accomplish - many things will change.

Just kick back and read up on all you can.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics