Hey hey just bought my self a WRX 02 my favorite bug eye! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Hey hey just bought my self a WRX 02 my favorite bug eye! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SD_GR Welcome. That is an early car, potentially among the first to be sold in the US. ...

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Welcome.

That is an early car, potentially among the first to be sold in the US. Things to look out for are all maintenance items, including the timing belt every 105K, and in your case the cooling system too -- potential problem areas are the underside of the painted coolant overflow reservoir (upper left hand side of the engine bay picture, just above the physical location of the turbo) that can flake paint into the cooling system and the radiator itself, that may crack at the top seam.
    Yep, my radiator started leaking at the top seam last weekend. 02 WRX - super easy to replace though

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by uproot View Post
    Yep, my radiator started leaking at the top seam last weekend. 02 WRX - super easy to replace though
    How can you fix that so it wont happen any more? Im thinking some thing like strip the paint off it and maybe coat it with some thing better or I dont know please help I want to take care of that asap before it becomes a problem

Quote Originally Posted by mar1183 View Post
    How can you fix that so it wont happen any more? Im thinking some thing like strip the paint off it and maybe coat it with some thing better or I dont know please help I want to take care of that asap before it becomes a problem
    Not sure on that but I'd just check it and see how it's looking - and if that does in fact cause the radiator to leak, and it's already flaking, then look into buying a new radiator soon. You could possibly repaint it with high temp paint.
    .:uproot:.

I dont know if this is a problem or normal but when my turbo is at like -.05 it makes a whistle noise but then when in boost it dosnt do it all it just makes the normal sounds. Boost is fine plenty of power staying at 14psi. Is that that whistle sound normal?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123