Sedan or Hatch ??
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Sedan or Hatch ?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; im getting a STi 2011 but still confuse between hatch or sedan.. which one better??...

Sedan or Hatch ??

im getting a STi 2011 but still confuse between hatch or sedan.. which one better??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That, is entirely up to you, my friend. I don't think there's any "better" option between the two, mainly what it comes down to is your preference, and which one feels better to you when driving it.

Personally, I'd stick with the sedan. I think the hatches are the worst thing to ever happen to the Impreza line personally. But there again, it's just my opinion.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Thumbs up

oh i see... im driving evo viii.. but i sell it for my new STi.. so still confuse about getting hatch or sedan.. both looks great, thats why i sold my evo..
    so how do u like ur car so far???

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by willySTi View Post
    oh i see... im driving evo viii.. but i sell it for my new STi.. so still confuse about getting hatch or sedan.. both looks great, thats why i sold my evo..
    so how do u like ur car so far???
    Therein lies the hard part I guess, deciding which one to get

I love my car, I've had it for 4.5 years now and almost 90k miles, not a single hiccup. I'm thinking that I'll be buying an STi next year though. You're making a good decision, I think, to purchase an STi over the Evo, but there again is a personal choice kind of thing, both are great cars, but they come down to preferance.

How did you like the Evo, anyways?
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    Therein lies the hard part I guess, deciding which one to get

I love my car, I've had it for 4.5 years now and almost 90k miles, not a single hiccup. I'm thinking that I'll be buying an STi next year though. You're making a good decision, I think, to purchase an STi over the Evo, but there again is a personal choice kind of thing, both are great cars, but they come down to preferance.

How did you like the Evo, anyways?
    i do like my evo so much, not untill i test my friend sti and fell in love with it, so i decided to sell my evo and getting STi..
    so i need some advice, from subie xpert..
    i do like the hatch, i dont think im going to get the sedan..
    did u raced an evo before with ur STi ?

I love my wrx, the only problem I've had with mine was an emissions air pump went out on it that does pretty much nothing... cody deleted the dtc codes for it and I pulled the relay and fuse for it and I will be removing it this weekend... I like the looks of the sedan personally, but the hatch will be more versitile... I wish the pre 07 sedans back seats folded down would be nice... from what I remember the 08's + do...

I would like an evo, but they are a pain in the arse to work on from what I've heard (if they are anything like my montero and I'm sure worse)... the evos are a great car and respond very well to mods, my friend had an 03 with 25K on it and the tranny and center diff was going out so I'm a little warry of them as far as reliability...

Anywho, post up some pics of your evo...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    i do like my evo so much, not untill i test my friend sti and fell in love with it, so i decided to sell my evo and getting STi..
    so i need some advice, from subie xpert..
    i do like the hatch, i dont think im going to get the sedan..
    did u raced an evo before with ur STi ?
    lol, well it's like I said, it comes down to preference, for some the Evo is a car better suited to their needs, for others, the STi is. I actually have a WRX, not an STi, and the only time I race is around an autocross course, but I usually do pretty well with what I have. I have a friend with an Evo IX, and I beat him at the last event he went to with us, but he's not a great driver so I don't fault the car. Also had better overall times than a guy in an Evo X last year, but there again, not a great driver, I think it was his first or second event, so that's not necessarily a fault of his, he's just inexperienced.

Comparing the two is quite hard though, both are very quick, and very nimble driving wise. The right driver behind the wheel could net similar times with both cars. What it boils down to is how it feels to you. For me, the STi is just a better fit. I love working on Subaru's, hate working on Evo's, I absolutely refuse to work on one ever again. I know the STi pretty much inside and out, the Evo, not so much. The STi is more comfortable for daily driving, has a MUCH better interior, and I think more though went into it than the Evo. The Evo is a great car performance wise though, you can get some amazing numbers out of them with simple modifications and tuning.

So, it all just boils down to preference and need. Subaru just fits me, that's why I have owned 2 and will continue purchasing them.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    I love my wrx, the only problem I've had with mine was an emissions air pump went out on it that does pretty much nothing... cody deleted the dtc codes for it and I pulled the relay and fuse for it and I will be removing it this weekend... I like the looks of the sedan personally, but the hatch will be more versitile... I wish the pre 07 sedans back seats folded down would be nice... from what I remember the 08's + do...

I would like an evo, but they are a pain in the arse to work on from what I've heard (if they are anything like my montero and I'm sure worse)... the evos are a great car and respond very well to mods, my friend had an 03 with 25K on it and the tranny and center diff was going out so I'm a little warry of them as far as reliability...

Anywho, post up some pics of your evo...
    how to post picture? i would like to post it..

I vote for the hatch. I think of my car as a little truck. For example tonight my wife wanted to buy a headboard for our bed. I took a couple of measurements and said sure lets go. Fold down the seats and slide the headboard right on in.

It also helped me move plenty of things. Got me from Boston down to ABQ with it packed full. The biggest thing I ever fit in my hatch was a bar/server thing from Pier One. I had to remove my strut bar and sit close to the steering wheel for that one but I drove it from El Paso to ABQ with no problems.

Honestly IMHO if you have a house or ever need to move anything get the hatch.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

how to post picture? i would like to post it..
    Go to reply to the thread and down below the text box there should be an attachment button, click on it and browse your computer for the image and upload it... you can also create an album in your profile and upload pics into that and it will give you and img html code you can cut and paste...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

Quote Originally Posted by oguitar View Post
    I vote for the hatch. I think of my car as a little truck. For example tonight my wife wanted to buy a headboard for our bed. I took a couple of measurements and said sure lets go. Fold down the seats and slide the headboard right on in.

It also helped me move plenty of things. Got me from Boston down to ABQ with it packed full. The biggest thing I ever fit in my hatch was a bar/server thing from Pier One. I had to remove my strut bar and sit close to the steering wheel for that one but I drove it from El Paso to ABQ with no problems.

Damn that's pretty impressive you can fit that much in the back... its 1 of the things I miss about my mountianeer, I could fit my huge leather couch in the back with the seats folded down and still be able to close the hatch...
    That and it rode very comfortable down the road with the leather interrior and V8 power...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

there is some of the picture i took before i sell it..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 35056_1322315545256_1451850750_703525_925311_n.jpg   38372_1322316825288_1451850750_703530_562271_n.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by oguitar View Post

thanks for your advice, i'll consider about it..

there is some of the picture i took before i sell it..
    Very nice... why do you want to get rid of it if you don't mind me asking?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

So, it all just boils down to preference and need. Subaru just fits me, that's why I have owned 2 and will continue purchasing them. [/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this man, I am on my 2nd STi. At first, I had a hard time deciding... but once I got behind the wheel of both, the Subaru was much more comfortable. I will never own another car.

As for the hatch vs the sedan.... Like everyone else is saying, it is all a matter of personal preference... One thing is for sure, Subaru made a great decision by leaving both in the 2011 lineup...That way there is something for everyone!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.