Thinkin' about a WRX, Mustang owner. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Thinkin' about a WRX, Mustang owner. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You won't regret the switch from the Stang to the rex. I just traded in my 96 GT with around ...

You won't regret the switch from the Stang to the rex. I just traded in my 96 GT with around 400hp for an 07 WRX TR. I love the fact that it hooks up, handles the turns better then the Stang wishes it could, has better gas mileage and I can drive it all year round without worrying about making it through snow.
    2007 WRX TR
    Bone Stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by exstang View Post
    You won't regret the switch from the Stang to the rex. I just traded in my 96 GT with around 400hp for an 07 WRX TR. I love the fact that it hooks up, handles the turns better then the Stang wishes it could, has better gas mileage and I can drive it all year round without worrying about making it through snow.

hahaha, true. I used to dread the rain when I had my 94 GT. Yeah, I too am an ex mustang owner.

Quote Originally Posted by exstang View Post
    Niceee that's the stuff I wanna hear haha. Good to know theres other mustang guys that liked switch. Its gonna be a huge difference for me since I've only owned mustangs.

WRX is a totally different car. AWD and no tire slippage- grip and go Great in inclement weather (especially snow). There are so many things you can do too to boost performance and handling from stock. Your MPG should be about the same as the Stang with a 6. I came from a Civic SI, still miss some things about the SI- mainly handling (stock form) and gas mileage.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny17 View Post
    Definitly, that'd be one of first questions haha. Ive read a little bit here and there about wrx's and hear that cold air intakes dont do much good, yet in the mustang world a CAI + tune is one of the best things you can start with lol. So im in a completely new world
    Ah, a gentlemen who has done his research! It's a breath of fresh air in these parts...

CAI always has its benefits, but be careful that the WRX uses a metered MAF rather than relying completely on a MAP system, which is where people run into problems. You seem like the kind of guy who will do his research before modding, which is a great habit to have . You'd be surprised as to the number of members who stick a CAI, VTA BOV, and 87 Octane gas in their car and wonder why the car runs like ****

If you do decide to tread down the WRX path, please do read the "Unabomber's Manifesto" (google this -it is Ron's pride and joy). In most cases, simple mods like polyurethane busings, sways, and a tune will really transform the car.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Nice looking stang. I got an 05 myself. If the hood was mineral I would try and take it off your hands. Welcome.
    05 Mustang: C&L intake Bama tuned, 8.8 rearend with 3.55's, Shaftmaster's aluminium drive shaft. Custom turbo build in progress just missing the hot side fabrication and a A/F gauge.

04 wrx: Full catback exhaust, lightened crank pulley, uppipe.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Ah, a gentlemen who has done his research! It's a breath of fresh air in these parts...

CAI always has its benefits, but be careful that the WRX uses a metered MAF rather than relying completely on a MAP system, which is where people run into problems. You seem like the kind of guy who will do his research before modding, which is a great habit to have . You'd be surprised as to the number of members who stick a CAI, VTA BOV, and 87 Octane gas in their car and wonder why the car runs like ****

If you do decide to tread down the WRX path, please do read the "Unabomber's Manifesto" (google this -it is Ron's pride and joy). In most cases, simple mods like polyurethane busings, sways, and a tune will really transform the car.
    Pretty much I like to know what Im putting on the car and actually understand what it does unlike a lot of people I know haha. And ill look up the Manifesto too, thanks. Only posted one thread and already got all the info I need from recommended links I like this forum haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ABQrx View Post
    Nice looking stang. I got an 05 myself. If the hood was mineral I would try and take it off your hands. Welcome.
    You can always re-paint!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    If you do decide to tread down the WRX path, please do read the "Unabomber's Manifesto"
    Meh...

I don't like it. It's a good starting point, but don't eat breathe live die by that thing
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny17 View Post
    Pretty much I like to know what Im putting on the car and actually understand what it does unlike a lot of people I know haha. And ill look up the Manifesto too, thanks. Only posted one thread and already got all the info I need from recommended links I like this forum haha.
    Not to toot our horn.. but I'm a member on 6 subaru forums... and this is the absolute best one in the way of a "community", and also in regards to helping newer members learn about their cars.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I'm an avid mustang guy myself. I've had an 85 GT, 91 GT, 91 LX and 93 Cobra. Once you go AWD, its hard to turn back. To be honest, I do miss the nice sound of a cammed 302 with flowmasters. But the STi is just much more fun to drive; same goes for the WRX. Its even fun in the rain and snow. You can't do that in a mustang.
    -Gary-
    07' UGM STi "Hawk-Eye Alliance #074"
    90' DA6
    90' EF

Quote Originally Posted by Gaza View Post
    I'm an avid mustang guy myself. I've had an 85 GT, 91 GT, 91 LX and 93 Cobra. Once you go AWD, its hard to turn back. To be honest, I do miss the nice sound of a cammed 302 with flowmasters. But the STi is just much more fun to drive; same goes for the WRX. Its even fun in the rain and snow. You can't do that in a mustang.
    Thats for sure! Especially with my tune and the now touchy throttle its a bit unnerving driving when the roads are slick.

double post woo!

Does anyone have any experiences with purchasing CARS from silverline automotive in Oregon? I've seen many satisfied and some dissatisfied people that have bought parts from them and most like them. But I cant really find anyone thats bought an actual car from them. Im fine with having a "reconstructed" title as long as the car runs fine.

edit: Did a bit more research into it and it seems pretty hit or miss buying from them. Some had success others end up with $2500 worth of repairs within a week...I think I'll pass lol.
    Last edited by kenny17; 07-21-2010 at 05:08 PM.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Not to toot our horn.. but I'm a member on 6 subaru forums... and this is the absolute best one in the way of a "community", and also in regards to helping newer members learn about their cars.
    toot toot!

This.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    not to toot our horn.. But i'm a member on 6 subaru forums... And this is the absolute best one in the way of a "community", and also in regards to helping newer members learn about their cars.
    +100
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12