2006 wrx wanting power
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2006 wrx wanting power within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a 2006 subaru wrx that ive recently bought. Ive dont a little work to the appearance dropped it ...

2006 wrx wanting power

I have a 2006 subaru wrx that ive recently bought. Ive dont a little work to the appearance dropped it with tein springs 2.5 in the front and 1.7 rear with rota gforces 18X8.5...but im looking to put the rest of my money into the motor to get to 300hp. I plan on getting either a cobb or invidia catted downpipe with exhaust and cobb accessport. I heard the stock intake is good to 300hp so im sticking with it. But i havent decided to stick with the stock turbo(if i can get to 300 with it?) or getting the vf30....And whats involved with a vf30 setup? and thoughts... I have beater so this car isnt driven that much during the week but i still want reliable and not just for the track

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome... post some picks of your hawkeye... it sounds like you've allready done some research which is a very good plus here... utilize the search and stickies up in the forums area... this site IMO is the most friendly and helpfull forum online and I've learned a lot in the 6 months I've been on here...

As for your 300hp goal, are you talking to the ground or the crank? To get that to the ground your gonna have to do a turbo swap and you might be able to get pretty close with a few mods and engine management... so enjoy, research, and welcome...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rex25 View Post
    I have a 2006 subaru wrx that ive recently bought. Ive dont a little work to the appearance dropped it with tein springs 2.5 in the front and 1.7 rear with rota gforces 18X8.5...but im looking to put the rest of my money into the motor to get to 300hp. I plan on getting either a cobb or invidia catted downpipe with exhaust and cobb accessport. I heard the stock intake is good to 300hp so im sticking with it. But i havent decided to stick with the stock turbo(if i can get to 300 with it?) or getting the vf30....And whats involved with a vf30 setup? and thoughts... I have beater so this car isnt driven that much during the week but i still want reliable and not just for the track
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...=1#post2642264

read my response in your other thread
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.