New to subies is this a good deal?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New to subies is this a good deal? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, Im very new to the world of WRX's, STi's ect. And was looking for some help in buying one. ...

New to subies is this a good deal?

Hello, Im very new to the world of WRX's, STi's ect. And was looking for some help in buying one. I found one but dont know if its a good deal. 2002 WRX sedan silver 105,000 miles only mods intake and exhaust. The guy is asking 6500$ for it. Or trade my current car for it. (1998 Trans am ram air custom paint 68000 miles) Help me please!

Thanks, Tucker

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Have it inspected by a mechanic and/or Subaru. If it's given a clean bill of health, that sounds like a good deal.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    what kind of exhaust? (catback or turboback?)
    what brand of intake?

some intakes require a custom tune to run properly.

doesnt sound like a bad deal as long as the owner has properly maintained it

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

He didnt specify what brands either were. Clean title also. He is the 3rd owner of the car he said he took good care of it but im not sure of the first 2. Im in a family of mechanics and were going to look at the car sunday. Should i trade my car or buy it outright.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i'd assume that your car would be worth more bc of the low mileage. i'd check out kbb, autotrader, craigslist, etc & see what your car is going for. i'd compare the price of the two cars & take it from there. if yours is worth more have him put cash on top or just sell your car/buy his car.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Fair price for that vehicle in good condition. Without an inspection however it could cost you much, much more. There are some good write ups here about what to look for when buying a WRX or STI.

Bottom line, great reliable car if maintained and not driven like it was stolen, ticking time bomb if it was beat on and put away wet.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    That's too cheap for car like that in good condition. Have it inspected.

Ya my car is worth much more. Is there any signs to look for to see if its drivin hard?

KBB says the car is worth 7200 good condition. He said it had 2 small dents so i figured it was a good price i just wanted to get an opinion of some knowledgeable people on this type of car

i personally think thatz good deal. i had my 02 wrx wagon(rally blue) for $6500 with 117000 miles, from subaru dealer in CT. you need to see paperworks from the owner. otherwise, this should be a sweet deal.

Thank you for the info and the insite everyone. Im looking forward to seeing this car in person. Everyone ive talked to says good buy and is a healthy start to a quick all wheel drive mustang killer. Not gonna compete with my Trans am but ill make do with whatever i make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by TuckerC View Post
    Not gonna compete with my Trans am
    But the Subaru looks way better

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by medic14 View Post
    But the Subaru looks way better
    i disagree... lol.

the ram air T/A is badass looking
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Well i didnt really mean in the looks department. But its in the eye of the beholder i guess. I've had my share of fun with my T/A well as much as a 18 year old kid can have. But I didnt like the car not moving in winter thing it sat in my driveway for 2 months while my friends who all drive trucks were out "playing" in the snow. (im from a hick town) lol And Im wanting to mod a turbo engine so i figured theres nothing like the present. thanks for replying i was hoping to make some friends on here it seems like a hell of a good community of people really nice but look down on racing which i thought was odd but hey its good with me ill just keep it to myself about spanking all the wanna be ponies out there

Sounds like a good deal. Again, it is important that you get the car inspected. As said before, some intakes need a custom tune to work properly, and if this guy just threw some parts on the car and ran it without a tune, you could run into a few problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast