2011 WRX's?? - Page 8
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX's?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I thought i was getting my 2011wrx sedan plasma blue yesterday... but they didn't have time to detail it. So ...

I thought i was getting my 2011wrx sedan plasma blue yesterday... but they didn't have time to detail it.

So i'll pick it up today after work.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Robin2 View Post
    I thought i was getting my 2011wrx sedan plasma blue yesterday... but they didn't have time to detail it.

So i'll pick it up today after work.
    Trust me, it's worth the wait! enjoy it!

I know... 1 more day was more of a let down... oh well.... after 11years in a GC8 impreza rs.... be good to have a new car again.

I did ask them in the PDI to max out the camber up front... was surprised to see -1.8 camber and over 6 of caster. nice... my GC Impreza RS was never over 3.5 of caster.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin2 View Post
    I know... 1 more day was more of a let down... oh well.... after 11years in a GC8 impreza rs.... be good to have a new car again.

I did ask them in the PDI to max out the camber up front... was surprised to see -1.8 camber and over 6 of caster. nice... my GC Impreza RS was never over 3.5 of caster.
    I want to see pics!!

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum but it looks like I'm going to be ordering my 2011 WRX today. I've worked out that the only option I want is the short throw/boost gauge and i'm ready to put the order in assuming the dealer doesn't try to jerk me around. Some of the stories from you folks paying well below invoice is encouraging to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    Trust me, it's worth the wait! enjoy it!

That dark grey hatch looks great! I was set on a white sedan, but now you've got me second guessing myself...Has anyone seen a white sedan in person or has pictures of it? I hate the subaru doctored photos of the silver one that seem to be making the rounds, but the sedan looks better in the photos i've seen from the auto shows.

Any input on hatch vs. sedan (I know the sedan is $500 cheaper but that's water under the bridge) would be appreciated, especially as far as practicality and performance are concerned

That dark grey hatch looks great! I was set on a white sedan, but now you've got me second guessing myself...Has anyone seen a white sedan in person or has pictures of it? I hate the subaru doctored photos of the silver one that seem to be making the rounds, but the sedan looks better in the photos i've seen from the auto shows.

Any input on hatch vs. sedan (I know the sedan is $500 cheaper but that's water under the bridge) would be appreciated, especially as far as practicality and performance are concerned [/QUOTE]

Actually, I think for the 2011 hatch and sedan are the same price. I chose the hatch mainly because of versatility, I put my dog back there and he has plenty of room, great for camping and tailgating. As far as color, white always looks good, I chose charcoal because of the wheels. I feel they match the best and give the car the cleanest look, just my opinion.

Really? I could've sworn the hatch was still had a premium on it, but if that's true it might be a nice bonus.

You paid 23,100 for yours? Thats close to 1k under invoice from the numbers i've seen on edmunds. 25k with taxes and all included sounds spectacularly affordable.

The hatch is tempting for the if/when I get a dog (I hadn't thought of that until you brought it up...but I plan on keeping this car for well over 5 years)...And I think the hatch will ultimately have more versatile storage space. You gain a bit of length with the sedan (7 inches i think?) but i mostly haul surf/snowboards and those will probably go on the roof anyways

Still would love to hear any other opinions. I'm bad at decision-making, but at least I've made the right decision and am getting a WRX

The sedan was cheaper last year but with the exterior modifications they raised the price of the sedan to be the same as the hatchback. So no difference anymore.
    '99 Impreza 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl - Retired
    '02 Sedona Red WRX - Retired
    '11 DGM WRX Hatch w/ SPT exhaust, short throw and STi shift knob Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Syncharmony View Post
    The sedan was cheaper last year but with the exterior modifications they raised the price of the sedan to be the same as the hatchback. So no difference anymore.

I stand corrected! Thanks for the info guys...I'd been doing all the research on pricing based on the sedan, so I hadn't even given the hatch a second look...Upon further review I think I've decided on the hatchback in white. With the short throw/boost gauge I'm thinking I'll offer 23.5 to start and see where it goes from there. Definitely going to pay under invoice....I'll let you guys know how it goes at the dealership. Any advice from those experienced with the order process is appreciated.

Been hanging for a while on different WRX sites trying to get an idea what folks like about their rides, and what they don't.

Well my 99 A4 had a catastrophic failure 2 days ago and I sold it...(Catastrophic in terms of a clutch gone bad and I wasn't willing to pay $1600 to get it fixed).

After reading some info here and there, I called my local dealership and told them I wanted the 2011 WRX Premium w/ the rear cup holders / center arm ext / short shifter and they told me 27400 + DH + destination...I told them I know they can sell it for $27k (not inc tax) and I'd be happy to buy it at the price. If they weren't willing to, that was fine as well as there are 6+/- Subaru dealerships w/ 150 miles.

Salesman: "I'll have to talk to my manager"
    Me: "I understand"

<5 mins later>

Salesman: "We'll do it."
    Me: "I'll be down Thursday or Friday to sign"

Now, what happens when I sit down w/ a pen and the contract in front of me? That remains to be seen. I know what is said over the phone and what happens in person can vary greatly once yer at the dealership; but I will keep ya'll posted.

Just wanted to share my (POTENTIAL) pricing story...
    Last edited by cutter311; 08-24-2010 at 03:11 PM. Reason: added "stuff"

Well, they don't have the actual car do they? I still haven't found a dealer with an 11's on the lot yet. Are you "reserving" one or taking the keys to a car that exists?

Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post
    Any advice from those experienced with the order process is appreciated.
    Here's a link to the thread I made detailing my experience with the order process. I hope it helps, good luck!

My journey to purchasing a 2011 WRX
    '99 Impreza 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl - Retired
    '02 Sedona Red WRX - Retired
    '11 DGM WRX Hatch w/ SPT exhaust, short throw and STi shift knob Pics

I'd be ordering...the conversation was a little longer than that, I left out the boring(er?) stuff

I asked if they could give me an ETA w/o me actually purchasing the vehicle (as I told him I've seen anywhere from 2-8 weeks online). He told me he has to tell me 8-12 weeks, but that it could (and probably would be sooner), but he wouldn't hazard a guess.

Which kinda stinks seeing as I no longer have a car...but they don't need to know that...I do have feelers out to a couple of other dealerships here as well just to see...but @ 27k I'm happy. I should say I WILL BE happy if it plays out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post

I know the last picture is awful, but it was taken today after i waxed her for the first time. And I honestly think it shows the true color of the car the best. I have more pics posted under the everyday impreza talk forum.
    - Kevin
    2011 Satin White Pearl WRX Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Zonked View Post

I know the last picture is awful, but it was taken today after i waxed her for the first time. And I honestly think it shows the true color of the car the best. I have more pics posted under the everyday impreza talk forum.
    Honestly...your car brought me back from the hatch. Now i'm sure I'm ordering a white sedan. Looks spectacular and I did see the other pictures. Awesome car.

Quote Originally Posted by Syncharmony View Post
    Here's a link to the thread I made detailing my experience with the order process. I hope it helps, good luck!

My journey to purchasing a 2011 WRX
    I actually read that one already (yeah, I was a lurker until today), and it was very helpful. Best of luck getting your rex ASAP. I think the wait after ordering is going to kill me, but it gives me time to get the old daily driver sold i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by cutter311 View Post
    I'd be ordering...the conversation was a little longer than that, I left out the boring(er?) stuff

I asked if they could give me an ETA w/o me actually purchasing the vehicle (as I told him I've seen anywhere from 2-8 weeks online). He told me he has to tell me 8-12 weeks, but that it could (and probably would be sooner), but he wouldn't hazard a guess.

Which kinda stinks seeing as I no longer have a car...but they don't need to know that...I do have feelers out to a couple of other dealerships here as well just to see...but @ 27k I'm happy. I should say I WILL BE happy if it plays out that way.
    I called my dealer last week and they said delivery estimates (this is for southern california) are 2-6 weeks at this point. Who knows how accurate that is though. 8-12 weeks sounds EXCRUCIATING!

I'll be checking out a couple of dealers tonight...I'll let you guys know if I learn anything interesting.