2011 WRX's?? - Page 50
+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX's?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Foolycooly Keeping under 4k RPMs has been tough (might have slightly cheated a couple of times). I'm ...

Quote Originally Posted by Foolycooly View Post
    Keeping under 4k RPMs has been tough (might have slightly cheated a couple of times). I'm with you, melacon. I've made sure to do some spirited pulls up to 4k and varied my speed and RPMs...nothing too crazy. I'm approaching 700 miles on the ODO and it's getting tough to not wail on it.
    Agreed. I've put 500 miles on the car since picking it up last Monday and I'm getting through the break in period quite nicely. I took it over 4K a couple times, but I'm being good about varying the RPMS and not keeping a constant speed excessively. I can't wait to lay into it soon though!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

1800 miles on mine so far and I'm favorably impressed. With the Blizzaks it pulls like a tractor in the snow. A few minor gripes: The rear deck rattle is annoying, the IPOD interface is a bit clunky, and I wish the tranny syncronization was a bit better; but all in all I'm a happy camper.

For the rear deck rattle: There are two things to do. If you have a sub back there, chances are that you are rattling at the 3 child seat port things up top. They are not held down at all, so its straight free air plastic on plastic. I removed the little covers, all fixed.

The other spot is where the lid meets the rear glass. I shoved some folded cardboard into the crack between them, and now my 1500w 10" sub can't even make it rattle.
    USB Media Hub, Sirius tuner, Short shift kit
    V-LED Fog lights, DRL/Hi Beam, Low Beams, Red LED map lights, White LED dome light
    V-LED Front turn signals, License plate illumination
    Autolumination.com Rear turn signal, brake/tail lights, reverse LEDs, red Trunk light
    Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2 Sound Processor, Sony Sony XM-ZR704 4 channel amp, 4x Infinity Reference 6032cf 6.5" speakers, Sony XM-ZZR3301 Mono Amp, Pioneer Premier TS-W2502D2 10" Sub

Looks great in white. My 2007 STI Ltd was white. I pick up my DGM Ltd Sedan on Saturday. I ordered a set of Michelin X-Ice Xi2 to be put on it so I can take it out and drive it as we are suppose to get some snow again. I also heard the rattle can be caused by the child seat tie down thingies as said above. Having the SPT SSK and Kartboy bushing set installed while it's there and some Rally Armor Mud Flaps.
    Looking forward to finding out all the little issues with the car and getting past the first 1k miles.
    '11 WRX Ltd Sedan DGM
    '11 Audi Q5 2.0T IW
    '98 C2S 3.8 GW
    '95 968 Cab GPW

Quote Originally Posted by melacon View Post
    For the rear deck rattle: There are two things to do. If you have a sub back there, chances are that you are rattling at the 3 child seat port things up top. They are not held down at all, so its straight free air plastic on plastic. I removed the little covers, all fixed.

The other spot is where the lid meets the rear glass. I shoved some folded cardboard into the crack between them, and now my 1500w 10" sub can't even make it rattle.
    No Subwoofer, but I suspected it was those little plastic covers. I'll give those fixes a try and see how it goes.

Well, I'm still agonizing over whether or not to place an order. I have such a phobia of the car buying process, even though I've gone through it some 7 times in my 16 years of driving.

I'm thinking I'll shoot an offer of invoice -2% just to test the waters. I'm a USAA member so I'll get it for invoice at the very least. The only downside is that here in Vegas there is only one dealership, but they seem to be very fair from what I have seen, so hopefully that holds true through this process as well.

Oh, as for what I am looking for, I'm considering a SWP base sedan with armrest extension, homelink mirror, and a shiftknob (I can't stand the original one).
    2009 MINI John Cooper Works
    Flickr

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.