2011 WRX's?? - Page 49
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX's?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It's not the sound quality that bugs me as much as the head unit itself. I understand them not putting ...

It's not the sound quality that bugs me as much as the head unit itself. I understand them not putting in amps and subs and stuff, but the HU in the car is just plain lazy. Stereos don't sell cars, they are a PART of the car, and they happen to be a part of the car I use quite often, and enjoy immensely.
    USB Media Hub, Sirius tuner, Short shift kit
    V-LED Fog lights, DRL/Hi Beam, Low Beams, Red LED map lights, White LED dome light
    V-LED Front turn signals, License plate illumination
    Autolumination.com Rear turn signal, brake/tail lights, reverse LEDs, red Trunk light
    Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2 Sound Processor, Sony Sony XM-ZR704 4 channel amp, 4x Infinity Reference 6032cf 6.5" speakers, Sony XM-ZZR3301 Mono Amp, Pioneer Premier TS-W2502D2 10" Sub

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Well I guess having seen all the complaints about the stereo, I won't be surprised when I get mine in. I really liked the bluetooth feature, but if the quality is that bad I may investigate some alternative HU's or speakers. I'll surely have to check your setup, melacon.
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

I do consider myself somewhat of an audiophile. I am pretty frugal, so I don't just go out and buy the most expensive MB Quart speakers that exist. I know enough about the equipment to make decent choices, but I also keep value in mind. It's hard to say one thing is better than another, when it's so subjective. What is important to one person is not important to another. Value is probably the most to me; getting the best speaker for my buck. Shop around, do research.

The average joe wouldn't say it's that bad. It's not the worst stereo ever heard. I had a 350z with a Bose in it, which sounded WORSE than this one. Until I swapped the HU out. One of the better ones I've had was an '08 Lancer (not evo) with a Rockford set up, including a 10" in the trunk. The quality was above average, the HU unit with touch screen navi and all that was the best stock HU I've ever had. The car with every available option was only $22k. Now that was value!

My favorite CD to blast in the car to 'show off' is Tool's Forty six and two. Not that bassy, but it just rocks.
    Last edited by melacon; 01-11-2011 at 04:23 PM.
    V-LED Fog lights, DRL/Hi Beam, Low Beams, Red LED map lights, White LED dome light
    Autolumination.com Rear turn signal, brake/tail lights, reverse LEDs, red Trunk light
    Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2 Sound Processor, Sony Sony XM-ZR704 4 channel amp, 4x Infinity Reference 6032cf 6.5" speakers, Sony XM-ZZR3301 Mono Amp, Pioneer Premier TS-W2502D2 10" Sub

I was just wondering guys, not to bring up the whole "break in" debate up again but ... in the manual it says not to exceed 4k rpm is that same as in 5th gear?
    Last edited by jt0thevizzle; 01-16-2011 at 11:18 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    the time it takes to get up to 100 while staying under 4k, and not punching the throttle.... is a very long time. I'd be afraid of getting pulled over doing that..
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    the time it takes to get up to 100 while staying under 4k, and not punching the throttle.... is a very long time. I'd be afraid of getting pulled over doing that..
    you afraid of getting pulled over...

Jk
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

I test drove a 2011 WRX Limited last night. My fiancee and I were both impressed! It was a blast to drive, though I couldn't help wondering how the STI is to drive.

I just know I don't need what the STI has to offer... but now to consider how to make the deal work...
    2009 MINI John Cooper Works
    Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    But does that mean it is "bad" for the car?

I think its bad due to being in boost, under heavier load due to longer gearing, and areo drag beginning to effect the car. Perhaps someone who knows about tuning will chime in, but I wouldn't do it to my car.

Well i've read the manual and it said to never exceed 4k unless emergency but no where does it indicate to not exceed a certain speed limit... so i'm confused :/

Actually, the only thing my dealer said about break-in to me was to keep it under 100mph. I thought that was a little joke but they were being serious. So they were more concerned about speeds than RPMs.

I drove my car more mildly than normal during the break-in but I definitely drove it "well". What I didn't do, however, is (1) go wide open throttle and put full load on the car or (2) go near redline.

But personally I think the car needs to see some boost during break-in and does need to see a variety of RPMs. But all of it needs to be done carefully and in short bursts not prolonged runs.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    Actually, the only thing my dealer said about break-in to me was to keep it under 100mph.
    Mine said the same thing, but that was on the test drive haha

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    Actually, the only thing my dealer said about break-in to me was to keep it under 100mph. I thought that was a little joke but they were being serious. So they were more concerned about speeds than RPMs.
    4k RPM in 5th gear is 100MPH, maybe they're on to something

The break in debate is so funny. There are two schools of thought: To go easy to allow parts to "get to know each other", get lubed up, etc. Then there is the Give it the Juice and seat rings, sleeves, etc.

But I like the moderate approach. Stay under 75% RPM, don't mash the gas, but don't feather it for 1000 miles approach. Much more sane.

Keeping under 4k RPMs has been tough (might have slightly cheated a couple of times). I'm with you, melacon. I've made sure to do some spirited pulls up to 4k and varied my speed and RPMs...nothing too crazy. I'm approaching 700 miles on the ODO and it's getting tough to not wail on it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.