2011 WRX's?? - Page 46
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX's?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Syncharmony Got the phone call today that my car has reached port! I hope the rest of ...

Registered User Officer Cartman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncharmony View Post
    Got the phone call today that my car has reached port! I hope the rest of you guys in the NE waiting also will be getting your calls soon.
    Congrats! If memory serves, you've been waiting quite awhile for your car.

I got the call yesterday that my car should be arrive on December 15th, which will put me at 8 weeks. I was so excited I could barely sleep last night! These next 4 weeks are going to be torture..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Syncharmony View Post
    Got the phone call today that my car has reached port! I hope the rest of you guys in the NE waiting also will be getting your calls soon.

Looks like my beard won't be as epic as I hoped it would get.
    Awesome, congrats!!! When did you order? You must be on week 13 or 14 by now...that truly would have made for an epic beard
    But hey, now you can try for the 1000 mile "break-in beard"...that won't take nearly as long

I Support ClubWRX
    hmm,I haven't heard from my dealer yet but as SOA tells me the ship with my car should dock on or "about" 11/22/2010.Unless a boat comes in every day,I'm guessing my car is on the same boat as Syncharmony's.Too late to call the dealer today,hope I hear something positive tomorrow.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

That's crazy you guys have to wait so long for your car. I did a quick online search Thursday night, found the car I wanted and picked it up Saturday morning. (6 weeks ago)
    I did have to drive almost 2 hours but it saved me $2600 from what my local dealer wanted.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    That's crazy you guys have to wait so long for your car. I did a quick online search Thursday night, found the car I wanted and picked it up Saturday morning. (6 weeks ago)
    I did have to drive almost 2 hours but it saved me $2600 from what my local dealer wanted.
    2nd that. Seems crazy that a company cannot produce its product to meet demand. I know that subaru sales have been up in general over the last several years, but i would think they would be able to handle it Waiting weeks/months for a car is not acceptable, especially in this economy!

i had no problem finding my '11 5 door in dgm btw. I went through manchester subaru (big thanks to gary up there ), after getting the run a round at a bunch of dealerships from PA to ME. Good luck all in landing one, though, as i do love it...

you guys suck! im tired of waiting for my car!!!! its been 8 weeks no vin yet but they say it is suppose to come in on the 29th? shouldn't they have a vin then????
    spw 2011 wrx sti hatch

Got the call

Yup. Got the call. My baby should be here next week... The wait is almost over.......

Lucky you man ^

How long was your total wait?
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by XtrmWRX View Post
    Yup. Got the call. My baby should be here next week... The wait is almost over.......
    you suck!
    spw 2011 wrx sti hatch

6 week to goo
    2011 WRX Hatch Black Pearl

I'm still playing the waiting game. I ordered it the last week of October. The best they do on nailing down delivery is "Month of December".

Quote Originally Posted by WRXBully View Post
    WTF??!!!!!!!! Who called you? SOA, or your dealer?
    My dealer called me

To everyone who asked, I ordered August 11th so it's been about a 14 week wait and will probably end up being about 15-16 weeks until I actually drive away in the car.

About damn time if you ask me.
    '99 Impreza 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl - Retired
    '02 Sedona Red WRX - Retired
    '11 DGM WRX Hatch w/ SPT exhaust, short throw and STi shift knob Pics

Now that I know when I'll be getting my car, it's freed me up to start figuring out my priorities.

My first priority is getting it winter ready since I live in New England. I've had my wheels and tires patiently picked out through tire rack for a couple months now and I called them in and placed the order on Saturday. Getting Enkei 16x7 EDR9 Silver with 215/55R-16 Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D XLs. I live about 45 min from one of their distribution centers so I'm going to high-tail it there and pick them up when they are ready to avoid shipping fees.

Second priority is getting the car's stereo to sound good. I know how bad the WRX's stereo is so I've been spending time this weekend doing research to figure out which way to go. I think I'm going to end up going the route of a CleanSweep, 5 channel amp and using the Infinity 10" from my old wrx with an audio integration box. I think that'll give me the sound I want while maintaining a really clean look. I'll probably pick up some front and rear door speakers as well. Not sure if I'm going to go with dynamat yet however... Need to see how bad it rattles.

Also in the pipe line are getting my windows tinted. Think I'm going 35% all the way around and keeping it legal for Connecticut's laws. I think you can go darker for the back windows but I'm not a fan of the two stage look. I like it even.

Anyone else have their plans for their awaited cars already mapped out? What's your priority list?
    '99 Impreza 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl - Retired
    '02 Sedona Red WRX - Retired
    '11 DGM WRX Hatch w/ SPT exhaust, short throw and STi shift knob Pics

Registered User Officer Cartman's Avatar
    The only definite on my list right now is the STI wing.. Rumor is that a pre-painted STI wing will be available in mid-December, which is perfect timing since my car arrives on December 15th.

If my dealership will install the SPT boost gauge for a reasonable price, I'll go ahead and do that. (It wasn't available when I placed my order)

Tint is a maybe for me right now - Since front window tint is illegal in NJ, if I do anything it's probably going to be 50% all around to avoid any problems.

I'm on the fence about getting tail light film - I love the look, and it's removable. But again, there's the issue of police, even if I go with the lightest of the 3 tints.

As for the stereo, I'm going to leave things as-is for now, as I want to retain the factory Bluetooth functionality and everything. I'm figuring on adding some Dynomat to help with the rattling everyone is talking about, and maybe adding the factory sub when it becomes available in January.

It's been a long wait, and I'm sure once the car gets here, I'll start going crazy with mods and such..

WRX Hatch Ordered Saturday!

Sold an old 911 targa, drove a variety of cars (audi, volvo) and now I'm a very excited new member to the board - just ordered a white 5-door at Beyer's Subaru in Alexandria. So far, I highly recommend working with Matt there.

Sadly, the wait now begins . . . Hope it arrives before the first snow here!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.