2011 WRX's?? - Page 45
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX's?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by jim holla snack Well I finally got an update last week. That Subaru had 'picked up' my ...

Registered User Officer Cartman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jim holla snack View Post
    Well I finally got an update last week. That Subaru had 'picked up' my order....The order I made on September 21st was not picked up until November 9th. I guess they are really behind. So far I have not heard any more beyond my order being picked up. No VON or VIN. Also I'm in Connecticut.

Anyone else seeing a large lag in time between placing an order and having it 'picked up' by the subaru system?
    That seems REALLY excessive. I got a call from my salesman about a week after I placed the order saying that it had been processed. But with the different distributors handling the Northeast, anything is possible.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ok2drive View Post
    Aww, man play-off WRX-beard would've been awesome if you started it the day you ordered. Moses himself would've been jealous by now.
    Yeah, I sort of wish I did!

After we pick up the cars, should put together a photo album of picking up the car with the Waiting beard and send it to SoA and show em in a painfully obvious way how long we had to wait.
    '99 Impreza 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl - Retired
    '02 Sedona Red WRX - Retired
    '11 DGM WRX Hatch w/ SPT exhaust, short throw and STi shift knob Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Syncharmony View Post
    Yeah, I sort of wish I did!

After we pick up the cars, should put together a photo album of picking up the car with the Waiting beard and send it to SoA and show em in a painfully obvious way how long we had to wait.

This post is so full of win, I don't even know where to start! I'm in!

Quote Originally Posted by WRXBully View Post

This post is so full of win, I don't even know where to start! I'm in!
    Haha, nice!

I'm just saying, writing up Subaru and telling them "I waited X # of weeks for my car" is just telling them the same thing they are hearing from hundreds of other disgruntled people. Sending them a picture of a bunch of cavemen picking up cars really will drive the point home that they need to get their act together and increase to supply to our demand.

Haha, nice!

I'm just saying, writing up Subaru and telling them "I waited X # of weeks for my car" is just telling them the same thing they are hearing from hundreds of other disgruntled people. Sending them a picture of a bunch of cavemen picking up cars really will drive the point home that they need to get their act together and increase to supply to our demand.
    It may not work! Up here, the majority of the people driving non-WRX/STi Subarus, are granola loving, dirt worshipper hippies, and look like that anyways!

The dealership here in Vegas has consistently had a few 2011 WRXs on the lot, so I'd almost rather pick one that way than worry about something like the short shift kit (which apparently is in short supply). I gather that's a bit unusual...

I still haven't bit the bullet and taken one for a test drive... I suppose that'll come soon enough.
    2009 MINI John Cooper Works
    Flickr

hopefully you guys all receive your orders soon!!

my wrx took about 4 weeks and two days for mine to get to the dealer lot.
    I ordered about the second week of sept.

so far I've done some tiny mods. which I'll prob post pics here or somewhere else

I do have a question for those who've gotten theirs. I have a 5-door and I noticed that the rear driver side wheel gap is less than the passenger side. I can fit about three fingers on the passenger side but on the driver side it's more like 2.5 fingers. I noticed it more so when I was installing my mudflaps.
    the dealer said it's normal? for the wrx. makes me wonder..

any input?

Quote Originally Posted by minjae View Post
    hopefully you guys all receive your orders soon!!

my wrx took about 4 weeks and two days for mine to get to the dealer lot.
    I ordered about the second week of sept.

so far I've done some tiny mods. which I'll prob post pics here or somewhere else

I do have a question for those who've gotten theirs. I have a 5-door and I noticed that the rear driver side wheel gap is less than the passenger side. I can fit about three fingers on the passenger side but on the driver side it's more like 2.5 fingers. I noticed it more so when I was installing my mudflaps.
    the dealer said it's normal? for the wrx. makes me wonder..

any input?
    a lot of cars are generally heavier on one side. Consider that the driver's side has the steering column and wheel, gauge cluster, etc. That adds up; probably just enough to compress the suspension on one side just a little bit.
    2009 MINI John Cooper Works
    Flickr

I never noticed a gap difference on mine. I'll check when I leave work. It may also have to do with a full tank of gas or not. I'm not sure where the tank sits but if it's slightly off-center then that could explain some of the difference.
    Steve // 2008 Lexus IS-F // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by jaydub View Post
    a lot of cars are generally heavier on one side. Consider that the driver's side has the steering column and wheel, gauge cluster, etc. That adds up; probably just enough to compress the suspension on one side just a little bit.
    Fuel

Quote Originally Posted by WRXBully View Post
    Cool story bro! Now start growing your WRX/playoff beard!
    Way ahead of you brah!
    OBP 2011 WRX 5 door...6500 miles and counting

Sorry you guys had to wait. I spent Monday hangling with dealers (there were 6 base wrx's within 90 miles. Ended up buying it on Wednesday exactly what i wanted. The kicker? Smaller dealership in a small city 40 miles south of me and they had the car for 2 weeks.
    Justin "Clovis" Harward
    2011 Dark Grey WRX
    Colorado Springs, CO

My avatar is a picture of a REAL Wendy's girl that I took. I couldn't believe the shirt (spoon me? sounds like a sexual lawsuit waiting to happen) but it's pretty funny too. I commented about her shirt, she was cool and I asked if I could take a picture with my phone!

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    Sorry you guys had to wait. I spent Monday hangling with dealers (there were 6 base wrx's within 90 miles. Ended up buying it on Wednesday exactly what i wanted. The kicker? Smaller dealership in a small city 40 miles south of me and they had the car for 2 weeks.
    I hate you!

Got the phone call today that my car has reached port! I hope the rest of you guys in the NE waiting also will be getting your calls soon.

Looks like my beard won't be as epic as I hoped it would get.

Got the phone call today that my car has reached port! I hope the rest of you guys in the NE waiting also will be getting your calls soon.

Looks like my beard won't be as epic as I hoped it would get.
    WTF??!!!!!!!! Who called you? SOA, or your dealer?