2011 WRX's?? - Page 44
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX's?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ok2drive Congrats. That might be the best thing I read all month. I ordered on Aug 28th, ...

Quote Originally Posted by ok2drive View Post
    Congrats. That might be the best thing I read all month. I ordered on Aug 28th, I think around the same time as you. And we're both in the tri-state. I really hope we're on the same boat.

On a separate note I wonder why they have the boat docking in Boston and not port Newark???
    Subaru may not have a contract with Newark for port services. Boston may have made more sense financially when they first started bringing cars into the country, as it's probably cheaper than Newark to do business there. I don't know for sure, just speculating there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, I would agree with that. Considering that it certainly appears that Subaru is in no rush to get cars to dealers, I would suspect they went with the cheapest option available to them.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Got an email from my dealer saying a boat will be docking in New England on the 19th. Of course, I also got emails saying that a boat was going to dock last week and that one was going to dock early this week, so take it with a grain of salt.

He didn't confirm if my car is on the boat though unfortunately.

I've decided to start a WRX beard while I wait. Not going to shave until I get my damn car. Hopefully it won't reach ZZ top proportions before I can shave again.
    '99 Impreza 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl - Retired
    '02 Sedona Red WRX - Retired
    '11 DGM WRX Hatch w/ SPT exhaust, short throw and STi shift knob Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Syncharmony View Post
    Got an email from my dealer saying a boat will be docking in New England on the 19th. Of course, I also got emails saying that a boat was going to dock last week and that one was going to dock early this week, so take it with a grain of salt.

He didn't confirm if my car is on the boat though unfortunately.

I've decided to start a WRX beard while I wait. Not going to shave until I get my damn car. Hopefully it won't reach ZZ top proportions before I can shave again.
    ROFLMAO It's like the Stanley Cup playoffs! You will focus on nothing but acquiring your ride! lol Don't shower, either and then camp out at SOA, and see if they get you your car any faster!

Quote Originally Posted by WRXBully View Post
    Subaru may not have a contract with Newark for port services. Boston may have made more sense financially when they first started bringing cars into the country, as it's probably cheaper than Newark to do business there. I don't know for sure, just speculating there.
    That makes sense, I figured it had to be a money or union thing. I hate that using Boston might make my/our wait longer but considering the modest price increase for the 2011 (body flares, wagon and sedan options, etc)...I say pinch a penny wherever you can.

Now that it seems like our cars "might" be closer to getting delivered I really hope there's bunch of SWP's on that boat. I hate doing this to myself. I personally haven't gotten an ETA on my car but I think I'm getting excited again about getting a WRX. This has been an emotional roller coaster and master's course in patience. I imagine this is what one goes through expecting your first kid...you have all these hopes and dreams and then when the due date is close at hand you stop caring about all those options. You don't care if it comes with the options you ordered; you just hope it arrives on time with 10 fingers and 10 toes.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXBully View Post
    ROFLMAO It's like the Stanley Cup playoffs! You will focus on nothing but acquiring your ride! lol Don't shower, either and then camp out at SOA, and see if they get you your car any faster!
    I can get away with a beard but both my girlfriend and my boss would be having words with me if I stopped showering! Another month and I may just have to buy a tent and a megaphone and find SoA.
    '99 Impreza 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl - Retired
    '02 Sedona Red WRX - Retired
    '11 DGM WRX Hatch w/ SPT exhaust, short throw and STi shift knob Pics

That makes sense, I figured it had to be a money or union thing. I hate that using Boston might make my/our wait longer but considering the modest price increase for the 2011 (body flares, wagon and sedan options, etc)...I say pinch a penny wherever you can.

Now that it seems like our cars "might" be closer to getting delivered I really hope there's bunch of SWP's on that boat. I hate doing this to myself. I personally haven't gotten an ETA on my car but I think I'm getting excited again about getting a WRX. This has been an emotional roller coaster and master's course in patience. I imagine this is what one goes through expecting your first kid...you have all these hopes and dreams and then when the due date is close at hand you stop caring about all those options. You don't care if it comes with the options you ordered; you just hope it arrives on time with 10 fingers and 10 toes.
    Yeah, but on the off chance you hate your WRX, you can sell that thing and get a different one! Wish we could do that with kids!

I can get away with a beard but both my girlfriend and my boss would be having words with me if I stopped showering! Another month and I may just have to buy a tent and a megaphone and find SoA.
    Cherry Hill, NJ bro!

That is the best thing I've ever seen on here. I might have to do the same. We can make a thread and post up pics. Instead of the "average wait time" thread, we can have "average beard length thread". Sounds like a good plan.

Aww, man play-off WRX-beard would've been awesome if you started it the day you ordered. Moses himself would've been jealous by now.

Aww, man play-off WRX-beard would've been awesome if you started it the day you ordered. Moses himself would've been jealous by now.
    haha WRX/playoff beard has officially begun. I just got outta the shower and was gonna shave and said "F it!" cleaned up the itchy crap on the neck, and it's on!

I'm pissed I didn't think of this when I ordered mine in August! Heck, I think that should be a standing thread for new orders... It would be kinda weird for the women though. Maybe they could not shave the arm pits.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post
    It would be kinda weird for the women though. Maybe they could not shave the arm pits.
    For a second there I was really afraid of where you were going with this

Got an update

Well I finally got an update last week. That Subaru had 'picked up' my order....The order I made on September 21st was not picked up until November 9th. I guess they are really behind. So far I have not heard any more beyond my order being picked up. No VON or VIN. Also I'm in Connecticut.

Anyone else seeing a large lag in time between placing an order and having it 'picked up' by the subaru system?
    OBP 2011 WRX 5 door...6500 miles and counting

Quote Originally Posted by jim holla snack View Post
    Well I finally got an update last week. That Subaru had 'picked up' my order....The order I made on September 21st was not picked up until November 9th. I guess they are really behind. So far I have not heard any more beyond my order being picked up. No VON or VIN. Also I'm in Connecticut.

Anyone else seeing a large lag in time between placing an order and having it 'picked up' by the subaru system?
    Cool story bro! Now start growing your WRX/playoff beard!