2011 WRX's?? - Page 43
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX's?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by rage-wrx wow,thank you so much for the replies.I didn't know all that.its all so clear now.Once I ...

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    wow,thank you so much for the replies.I didn't know all that.its all so clear now.Once I get a reply from SOA ,I'm going to ask them about this disparity & why it is that we,the customers have to suffer.
    Yeah, you can ask them, but they'll deny that the rest of the country has a glut of cars and happy drivers. What are they gonna tell you, the patient customer? Yeah too bad, but the distributor is wanting too much money and we aren't gonna spend it, so tough luck! lol It's bad news, but it's the way it is for now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXBully View Post
    Yeah, you can ask them, but they'll deny that the rest of the country has a glut of cars and happy drivers. What are they gonna tell you, the patient customer? Yeah too bad, but the distributor is wanting too much money and we aren't gonna spend it, so tough luck! lol It's bad news, but it's the way it is for now.
    WRXBully,I found your explanation so plausible that I have posted it to NASIOC & to a couple of other threads here if you dont mind.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

WRXBully,I found your explanation so plausible that I have posted it to NASIOC & to a couple of other threads here if you dont mind.
    I don't mind at all. That's what information is all about. It's to be shared. Who knows, someone, somewhere else may know something and can shed some more light on this for the rest of us.

I inquired with my dealer today, Northern CA area.

He said unfortunately still no word on ETA. He has a call into his DSM to get it rushed if possible. As of today it still showing a Dec. ETA. He said the WRX's are taking an extra couple of weeks across the board. He said demand is so high the factory can not get them out fast enough.

He did not mention anything about the short throw shifter, not sure I want to bring this up. I think I'll just see what happens.

I Support ClubWRX
    I was reading up on this and found some info if anyone is into law points ,here is a lawsuit from 2005 SOA vs Subaru Distributors Corp.SOA had decided to give Saab the 9-2(GM bought SAAB & later bought 20% OF Fuji) that looked exactly like the WRX wagon with similar parts & accessories through SAAB Dealers(rebadging).Basically Subaru Distributirs Corp was pissed off bcoz they had the rights to everything Subaru & anything that looked like a Subaru in the tri state region.

http://cases.justia.com/us-court-of-...25/119/587583/
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Man, all of this is so crazy. I know that dealers in general are feeling the crunch of high demand. But that still doesn't explain the seemingly random delivery schedules and the dealers themselves not knowing exactly what or when things will come in.

I had to wait 4-5 weeks for mine to come in and along with my car they received 4 or 5 other cars that were then just put out on their lot up for grabs. That is really strange when people are still waiting for their orders from other local dealers that clearly use the same port and delivery options.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    I had to wait 4-5 weeks for mine to come in and along with my car they received 4 or 5 other cars that were then just put out on their lot up for grabs.
    That right there is the problem! All sold orders should be sold and distributed FIRST!!!! If they have 500 sold orders, and they're building 300 cars in the first batch, you don't send 150 cars to the west coast, that aren't even sold to anyone, when you have customers waiting in the NE for 3-5 mos. for a car!

I'm on the West Coast and it's looking like at least an 8 week wait, possibly 6 weeks if i'm really lucky. Well I'm not bummed I knew going into this I was going to wait, the dealer told me 8 - 12 weeks. I agree with what your all saying, bringing cars to lots while people are waiting for the car they ordered seems just not right. Oh well not alot you can do about it, my wait continues

Next time, I'm gonna order the car in Cali and drive it back home. Every time I look at nearby Subaru dealerships and see cars waiting on their lots, I get closer to throwing my hands in the air and doing something drastic.
    '99 Impreza 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl - Retired
    '02 Sedona Red WRX - Retired
    '11 DGM WRX Hatch w/ SPT exhaust, short throw and STi shift knob Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Syncharmony View Post
    Next time, I'm gonna order the car in Cali and drive it back home. Every time I look at nearby Subaru dealerships and see cars waiting on their lots, I get closer to throwing my hands in the air and doing something drastic.
    Don't do that, once you get the car and enjoy you will look back at the wait and either say that sucked big time or shrug your shoulders and say it was worth it and not that bad. To learn to be patient is good for you, plus you can save more $$ for the down

I actually noticed that on NASIOC this morning, thanks! 'twas very interesting.

Rage, when are you getting your car? It seems like it's been forever...
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah babe,SOA rocks,I got this reply today...

Thank you for your patience while we researched your inquiry, XXX.

We have been advised that your VAN is xxxxxxxx, the vehicle has shipped from Japan and is due at port in Boston on or about 11/22/10. Vehicles usually arrive at dealerships roughly a week after port arrival.

Now I can call my dealer and let him know when to expect my car!!!
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

We have been advised that your VAN is xxxxxxxx, the vehicle has shipped from Japan and is due at port in Boston on or about 11/22/10. Vehicles usually arrive at dealerships roughly a week after port arrival.

That's the same thing I was told by my SOA rep. SHe said it's been upgraded from VON to VAN and was on it's way here by the end of the month! It looks like you and I are in the proverbial "same boat", Rage! lol

Congrats. That might be the best thing I read all month. I ordered on Aug 28th, I think around the same time as you. And we're both in the tri-state. I really hope we're on the same boat.

On a separate note I wonder why they have the boat docking in Boston and not port Newark???

After reading the last few pages, my hopes of it being here around new years have kinda gone down the hole lol.

Glad to see you guys are getting yours soon though!