2011 WRX's?? - Page 42
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX's?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Location: Santa Maria, CA oh thats why lucky west coast...

oh thats why lucky west coast

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah it is nice to get the cars earlier however I would much rather pay some of your sales taxes!
    -Mitigate

yea veryy true! Ill wait the another 20 days and get 500 off
    2011 WRX Hatch Black Pearl

I thought I would post a few pictures up of the car I picked up yesterday.

The car had 7 miles on it when I picked it up. I cant be happier with the WR Blue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4943.jpg   IMG_4950.jpg  
    -Mitigate

great combo hatch with WR Blue Pearl
    2011 WRX Hatch Black Pearl

bah...just called my dealer and got some mixed news. He said the good news is that my car (ordered 10/15) is still supposed to come in at the end of this month/early December. The bad news is the short throw shifter had to be pulled (he said subaru is not taking any orders for them...super back-ordered. The system had not blocked the order yet when I had sent mine in). He asked me if I wanted to wait and have the car come in feb./mar. with the short shifter, or have it come now without. I of course said have it come now sans the short shifter. He said that he made that decision already, assuming that I would.

The somewhat weird part is that he said the car will still be the same price...then when the spt shifter becomes available again, subaru will reimburse them for the part and labor and they will install it in my car. I guess it doesn't really matter to me, but seems like they should take the price off now and make me pay it when it comes in. Anyway...I think i'm going to shoot SOA an e-mail since they still haven't returned my call from 12 days ago asking if they can pull a VIN for me.

That doesn't make sense about the short shifter. I think they're being dishonest about that. They wouldn't even let me request one when I ordered my car cuz they were so backlogged on them. But they can't charge you for something you're not getting when you pickup the keys.

Well, they can, but it needs to be in writing on one of those documents (the "nothing stated or implied except for the following" document). So be sure it's documented that you're getting it for free AND it's going to be installed for free. Be very clear about that being written down!

They just want your money but if you're going to have to wait so long I would def ask them to remove that from the price. Tell them you'll come back when it's in (even if you don't) and that you want to put that money towards the downpayment instead if they won't budge.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Registered User Officer Cartman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    That doesn't make sense about the short shifter. I think they're being dishonest about that. They wouldn't even let me request one when I ordered my car cuz they were so backlogged on them. But they can't charge you for something you're not getting when you pickup the keys.
    I ordered my car 2 days before Foolycooly, and they let me order the short shifter as well.. If they come back with a similar offer, I don't have a problem with it - I'd still much rather have it installed at no cost to me when it becomes available.

Oh, that's true. That's a good point about the install cost. I was only thinking about the product cost...why have the dealer tie up $250 (or whatever the price is) for a few months if you can avoid it. But getting free install down the road is not bad at all.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

right...he made it pretty clear that it would be totally free (including installation) when it became available. TBH I would rather them take my money now and owe me the shifter than have to pay them again in feb./mar. when it comes in. I trust my dealer, but I will certainly get something in writing when I pick the car up.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolycooly View Post
    bah...just called my dealer and got some mixed news. He said the good news is that my car (ordered 10/15) is still supposed to come in at the end of this month/early December. The bad news is the short throw shifter had to be pulled (he said subaru is not taking any orders for them...super back-ordered. The system had not blocked the order yet when I had sent mine in). He asked me if I wanted to wait and have the car come in feb./mar. with the short shifter, or have it come now without. I of course said have it come now sans the short shifter. He said that he made that decision already, assuming that I would.

The somewhat weird part is that he said the car will still be the same price...then when the spt shifter becomes available again, subaru will reimburse them for the part and labor and they will install it in my car. I guess it doesn't really matter to me, but seems like they should take the price off now and make me pay it when it comes in. Anyway...I think i'm going to shoot SOA an e-mail since they still haven't returned my call from 12 days ago asking if they can pull a VIN for me.
    Very interesting, I ordered my WRX w/Short throw shifter on Oct. 15th as well. I just sent my dealer an e-mail about ETA. I did not say anything about the shifter. I will let you know what he comes back with.

I Support ClubWRX
    SOA asked me to send them details abt my order which I did & this is the reply I got.

Thank you for your reply, XXX

Your vehicle has been ordered in a region which is controlled by an independent distributor, Subaru Distributors Corp.

I have requested our liaison to that distributor contact them to get an update on your order.

Once I hear back from them, I will update you.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be of service.

Anybody know what that means or if it is of any significance that my order was placed through an "independent distributor"?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    SOA asked me to send them details abt my order which I did & this is the reply I got.

Thank you for your reply, XXX

Your vehicle has been ordered in a region which is controlled by an independent distributor, Subaru Distributors Corp.

I have requested our liaison to that distributor contact them to get an update on your order.

Once I hear back from them, I will update you.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be of service.

Anybody know what that means or if it is of any significance that my order was placed through an "independent distributor"?
    When Subaru first started importing cars to America, they didn't have a distribution network in place, or the capital to set up an effective one. They sought out investors to buy into the company(so to speak) and set up distributorships. As Subaru began gaining momentum in the US, they started to buy back the independent distributorships and making them SOA controlled. There are stil 2(Ibelieve) that Subaru has not been able to buy back yet. One happens to be the one that control our region, and it sucks azz!

As far as significance, yeah, it sucks. It appears from all of the accounts on ordering from people on the forums, that SOA is ****ing over our distributor and not giving them much allocation, if any! The rest of the country has had orders filled quickly, and they even have cars sitting on the dealer lots. This is ridiculous that they're doing business this way. I suspect they are withholding the allocation from them to try to get them to cave a little and make it easier for SOA to buy it back from them. I suspect The independent distributor knows they are sitting on a cash cow, and want excessive amounts of money for them to buy it back.

^^^what he said
    Last edited by ok2drive; 11-15-2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: better answer

I Support ClubWRX
    wow,thank you so much for the replies.I didn't know all that.its all so clear now.Once I get a reply from SOA ,I'm going to ask them about this disparity & why it is that we,the customers have to suffer.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.