2011 WRX's?? - Page 40
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 586 to 600 of 741

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX's?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by anxiouz Yeah, I read that post. I can't believe how little dealers seem to know about their ...

  1. #586
    Registered User ElVerde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    650
    Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    Yeah, I read that post. I can't believe how little dealers seem to know about their stock, shipments, and what they have actually ordered.

    I got the base hatchback in Dark Gray with just the armrest extender option (and Lojack). I'll probably get a few more accessories down the road but want to drive the base car a bit before deciding what I really want. After driving the car home (~40 miles) I was really surprised by how quiet the exhaust was. That just moved way up to the top of my list lol.

    Also, with less options to add in I figured there were less ways for the dealer to try to sneak in dollars.

    I've never gone with Lojack before but it'll bring down my insurance cost and over the few years I'll have the car it'll pay for itself ($995) so I decided to go for it.
    I'm with you on the lojack. I park outside and I'm far too paranoid to live without the early warning.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #587
    Registered User WRXBully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Waldwick, NJ
    Posts
    41

    Finally an update!

    I just got off of the phone with my salesperson, and he just told me that his manager just signed off on the car! WOO-HOO! I'm not too sure what that means tho. I'm assuming that he agreed to accept it into his inventory from allocation, but does that mean that it's at the port waiting to be distributed out to the dealers, or is it leaving Japan right now? lol Either way, it's alive.

  4. #588
    Moderator rage-wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yonkers/NYC
    Posts
    10,815
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    The day after getting the car I installed my boost gauge and ordered a turbo-back exhaust (the stock exhaust is super super quiet!). I didn't expect to want an exhaust but the early time-killing research made it painless to go get what I wanted.
    which turbo back exhaust did u get?where did u get it from and for how much?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

    The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread


    Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

  5. #589
    Registered User anxiouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    597
    Go hit up Youtube to sample some exhausts (something like "2010 WRX Perrin"). I have always appreciated how helpful and friendly the Perrin team is and I love the sound and look of their '11 hatchback exhaust (since it retains the quad-tip look) so I gave them my money.

    I went with the Perrin HFC divorced downpipe + Perrin quad-tip catback + Perrin drop-in air filter. Gorgeous, gorgeous looking exhaust and the sound is so nice and tasteful. They had a 17% off sale for Halloween so I jumped on that.

    Basically I got the Perrin Stage 2 Power Package minus the AccessPort which I already had bought previously and will just upload 2011 maps to. So it was like $1400 shipped.

    It's the most I've ever paid for any car parts ever (including a full turbo setup for my Evo 8) but I decided with this car I'm going to do it right the first time even if I have to buy new and pay a lot.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

  6. #590
    Registered User Chader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Billings, MT
    Posts
    210
    Here are some initial pics. I will try to get some more this weekend and put more time into them. I am totally pleased with the car based on initial impressions. The color is way nicer in person than I imagined.

    Pic #1

    Pic #2

    Pic #3

    Pic #4

    Pic #5

  7. #591
    Moderator rage-wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yonkers/NYC
    Posts
    10,815
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Chader View Post
    Here are some initial pics. I will try to get some more this weekend and put more time into them. I am totally pleased with the car based on initial impressions. The color is way nicer in person than I imagined.

    Pic #1

    Pic #2

    Pic #3

    Pic #4

    Pic #5
    thats the first blue we have seen with the exhaust finisher.Did you get the SPT exhausr?The finisher seems a lot more prominent than I imagined.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

    The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread


    Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

  8. #592
    Registered User Chader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Billings, MT
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    that's the first blue we have seen with the exhaust finisher.Did you get the SPT exhaust?The finisher seems a lot more prominent than I imagined.
    Yes, the car has the full SPT exhaust, decals, and finishers. I wasn't sure if I would like the finishers, but I think they look great in person. I will try to get more detail pics this weekend.

    PS, the sound from the exhaust if exactly what I wanted. There is no mistaking what you are driving when you fire it up. And it only gets better when you wind it out a bit.

  9. #593
    Registered User BANSwee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    cleveland
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Chader View Post
    Yes, the car has the full SPT exhaust, decals, and finishers. I wasn't sure if I would like the finishers, but I think they look great in person. I will try to get more detail pics this weekend.

    PS, the sound from the exhaust if exactly what I wanted. There is no mistaking what you are driving when you fire it up. And it only gets better when you wind it out a bit.
    WOW! really love WRB hatch. what's the production date on those new shipment?
    2011 WRX HB in WR blue

    budding audiophile

  10. #594
    Registered User Chader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Billings, MT
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by BANSwee View Post
    WOW! really love WRB hatch. what's the production date on those new shipment?
    Thanks. I never even looked. I will check when I get home.

  11. #595
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    10
    So just a quick update: I got fed up with waiting, and ended up looking around a bit more at other nearby dealerships. There was a dealership that had just gotten the base WRX in obsidian black, and the only accessory was the wheel locks, basically exactly what I was looking for.

    It was a factory order, but the deal fell through, so I jumped in and they even matched the price of my factory order from another dealership (26k after taxes and fees). I was so stoked, went in and signed all the papers, and am picking it up this Saturday, and canceling my order from the other dealership. I'll be sure to post pictures when I get the chance!

  12. #596
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    G Rap, Michigan
    Posts
    34
    Anyone know the average installed price on that SPT exhaust? I am thinking about it. I like the Perrin but some dealers look for any excuse to void your warranty. I previously loved my Magnaflow in mazda3 though.

  13. #597
    Registered User Chader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Billings, MT
    Posts
    210
    Congrats.

  14. #598
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    4
    reading all these ordering stories made me want to get my .02 in. I ordered a 5-door wrx premium in SWP (+ short throw, arm rest, rear cup holders, all weather mats, & autodim) on 10/12. The dealer warned me Subaru isn't very reliable with their delivery dates, but that SOA claimed 6 weeks for delivery, which would put it at the week of Thanksgiving. I stopped by yesterday and one of the managers looked the order up. Now the projected date is Dec. 7 . OTOH, I do find it amusing that my car is supposed to arrive from Japan on Pearl Harbor day. Hope that means it'll blow everything else out of the water (after it's been modded) . Of course, he again told me that the date is not firm until the truck pulls up to the dealership. The manager (who is also a neighbor and graduated HS with my wife - small town) pointed out a car on the showroom floor and told me "That one showed up early!" So we'll see.

    One question for y'all. Since my car is coming at the end of Fall in PA, anyone have any recommendations for snow tires for it? I'm thinking about having them on hand and asking the dealer to install them before I even drive off the lot, since the stock summers will be like driving on rocks at those temps.

    Thanks.

    Bob

  15. #599
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by reschaff View Post
    reading all these ordering stories made me want to get my .02 in. I ordered a 5-door wrx premium in SWP (+ short throw, arm rest, rear cup holders, all weather mats, & autodim) on 10/12. The dealer warned me Subaru isn't very reliable with their delivery dates, but that SOA claimed 6 weeks for delivery, which would put it at the week of Thanksgiving. I stopped by yesterday and one of the managers looked the order up. Now the projected date is Dec. 7 . OTOH, I do find it amusing that my car is supposed to arrive from Japan on Pearl Harbor day. Hope that means it'll blow everything else out of the water (after it's been modded) . Of course, he again told me that the date is not firm until the truck pulls up to the dealership. The manager (who is also a neighbor and graduated HS with my wife - small town) pointed out a car on the showroom floor and told me "That one showed up early!" So we'll see.

    One question for y'all. Since my car is coming at the end of Fall in PA, anyone have any recommendations for snow tires for it? I'm thinking about having them on hand and asking the dealer to install them before I even drive off the lot, since the stock summers will be like driving on rocks at those temps.

    Thanks.

    Bob
    I live in MA, so I'm looking into snow tires as well. I think I'm going to check craigslist, see if I can score a wheel/tire combo for cheap, and if not, then just pick up some cheap rims to go with Blizzak LM-60s.

  16. #600
    Registered User anxiouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by wolverine_man View Post
    Anyone know the average installed price on that SPT exhaust? I am thinking about it. I like the Perrin but some dealers look for any excuse to void your warranty. I previously loved my Magnaflow in mazda3 though.
    I went Perrin personally. Most tuners and exhaust places would charge about an hour labor to install an exhaust...so $70-$100 or so. I suspect a dealer would be at least that much, probably more. But if you buy it from them and they install it, yes there would be less grief over warranty stuff.

    But if you're just talking cat-back...there's not really anything I can think of where they can say your exhaust caused the problem. With a downpipe...perhaps but not just a cat-back since it's basically for looks/sound if you don't mod anything else.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •