2011 WRX's?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX's?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What are the left over 2010's or 2011's going for if just over invoice? I may be looking to sell ...

What are the left over 2010's or 2011's going for if just over invoice? I may be looking to sell my 2010 hatch (premium) with 5K miles, want to ask 21 or 21.5. If new ones are selling this low, I may be in trouble.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I think I am just going to buy the 2010 WRX. Even though I do like the more aggressive look / hatches I think I am going to try and get the 2010 white sedan for the cheapest I can.

Hopefully bump this when I get the car?

WISH ME LUCK!!! =]

Quote Originally Posted by mikerulzu View Post
    I ordered my 2011 a few weeks ago, and I'm getting it for $500 under invoice, so if you're only getting a 2010 for $100 under invoice, I'd definitely wait for the 2011. It'll be a full model year newer, have the wide-body, and not cost much more, if at all.
    mikerulzu, where do you live, and do you think that they will repeat that deal with anyone else? I am looking to get an sti and would love it to be the 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by drafter View Post
    mikerulzu, where do you live, and do you think that they will repeat that deal with anyone else? I am looking to get an sti and would love it to be the 2011.
    I live in San Francisco, so the dealership (Carlsen Subaru, and the salemsan is Larry Fung) is about as far away from you as possible in the US. However, I'm pretty sure he'll honor that price to anyone here in the area who is looking to order one.

Quote Originally Posted by mikerulzu View Post
    I live in San Francisco, so the dealership (Carlsen Subaru, and the salemsan is Larry Fung) is about as far away from you as possible in the US. However, I'm pretty sure he'll honor that price to anyone here in the area who is looking to order one.
    you are from sf too?!?!!?!?!?!
    and u said carlsen?!?! How sure are u that he will honor that? Cause i special ordered a 2011 from capitol subaru (san jose) and i am able to cancel that any timie. So I was wondering if I could special order from him.?

Thanks for the reply, yea...not as close as I was hoping. Hopefully I can use this as an example of the type of deals that are being offered. Otherwise, i might have a nice road trip ahead of me...

My subaru guy that I special ordered from gave me more info on the 2011 WRX//STI.

This is what the guy sent me.

Dear Subaru Retailer:

The wait is over! We are pleased to announce the pricing of the exciting 2011MY Subaru Impreza WRX as well as our performance flagship, the Subaru Impreza WRX STI. The excitement level of these models is significantly upgraded and we are confident we have strengthened our leadership in a segment Subaru pioneered with our rally-inspired performance.

Arriving in September, the 2011MY WRX starts at $25,495 for both the 4-door and 5-door models. This is a modest $500 increase for the 4-door and the same starting price for the 5-door - both now include the WRX STI wide-body style. As we pointed out at the introduction of these models at our National Business Conference in May, the aggressive body style changes for WRX include new front & rear bumpers, wide front fenders and quarter panels, and a WRX logo side fender badge. The sedan adds a rear chrome satin finish and quad tailpipe outlets. The WRX receives new gunmetal gray alloy wheels paired with wider summer-performance tires. All WRX and WRX STI models also receive a new mesh-type grill.

Car and Driver agrees that "power continues to be more than adequate" for the 2011MY WRX thanks to our 2.5 liter DOHC intercooled, turbocharged, 16-valve Subaru Boxer 4-cylinder engine. Thanks to its 265 horsepower, it will power the WRX from 0-60 mph in an exhilarating 4.7 seconds. Motor Trend says, "throw the WRX into corners with reckless aplomb and power out with the front tires?you're smiling the whole way."

In addition, we have upgraded the audio systems of all WRX and WRX STI models with standard Bluetooth Hands-Free Calling and Audio Streaming, iPod control capability, an auxiliary input jack, USB port, and XM/Sirius capability with a roof mounted antenna. In addition, all WRX models now have six upgraded speakers. Steering wheel control switches for the audio and Bluetooth functions are also included.

The WRX Premium starts at $27,995 (both 4- and 5-door) and adds the All-Weather Package, power moonroof, and fog lights. The sedan also includes a standard rear trunk spoiler. The 2011MY WRX Limited is available starting at $28,995 (both 4- and 5-door) adding HID headlights and leather-trimmed upholstery. The GPS touch-screen Navigation system is available on Premium and Limited trim levels and includes a 7-inch touch-screen and standard Sirius satellite radio.

In addition, we have upgraded the audio systems of all WRX and WRX STI models with standard Bluetooth Hands-Free Calling and Audio Streaming, iPod control capability, an auxiliary input jack, USB port, and XM/Sirius capability with a roof mounted antenna. In addition, all WRX models now have six upgraded speakers. Steering wheel control switches for the audio and Bluetooth functions are also included.

SAY WHATTTTT?!?!

For sure going 2011 now

I Support ClubWRX
    I would bet on that note it isn't too much of an upgrade honestly. I would plan on swapping out a few of those speakers and the head unit still for any decent quality. More speaker mounts at least =).

...Drove my mom's saab 97x today with its 7 channel or whatnot bose system. It sounds like somebody put an intercom speaker in the defroster and said here, have XM. Just putting the thought out there... more speakers isn't necessarily better.

Regardless, the wide body is probably a huge deciding factor as to which wrx you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

How did you guys get your orders in before the pricing? I only got to place mine 1 hour ago because the dealers only just now got the pricing. BTW, I got mine for exactly invoice. They say 8-12 weeks...

Ahh I'm pretty sure they didn't want to let you special order earlier because they didn't have any grounds on what the new pricing was going to be? Maybe?

I am sure they were still able to special order it though.
    That's just me guessing >_>

Swap out the head unit? Be prepared to lose ALL the integrated peripherals. Unless you want to spend $100+ just for the steering wheel adapter. You might find a decent double din head unit that has a USB, and bluetooth, ipod, aux jack, for $1000 plus or minus. Oh, and don't forget the wasted Sirius, that you would need the ~$100 kit for as well. It all adds up. So I did some OEM integration recently, using the Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2, and BLAM! sounds like an aftermarket head unit with even more custimization (via PC bluetooth).

Nibbles, I have a 2010 WRX and boy do I love it. It moves, handles pretty damn well, and looks subdued. I don't like the bubble butt'd 5-doors.

Also, to save some bucks: Are you a military member or vet? Married to one? Any of your parents one? USAA is the bank that I use, and they have a car-buying service. I went to the website, built my car just like the website, and I get a no hassle discount. I got my Premium for $2k less than sticker, about $600 under invoice. Also, my discount applied to accessories, so the already installed short shifter was discounted, as well as the media hub (almost 50% off that one) and Sirius I had put in.

Like I said, the only chink in the WRX armor was the stereo, which has no original parts in mine now except the head unit to keep the media hub, aux jack, Sirius, and steering wheel compatability. I love it!
    USB Media Hub, Sirius tuner, Short shift kit
    V-LED Fog lights, DRL/Hi Beam, Low Beams, Red LED map lights, White LED dome light
    V-LED Front turn signals, License plate illumination
    Autolumination.com Rear turn signal, brake/tail lights, reverse LEDs, red Trunk light
    Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2 Sound Processor, Sony Sony XM-ZR704 4 channel amp, 4x Infinity Reference 6032cf 6.5" speakers, Sony XM-ZZR3301 Mono Amp, Pioneer Premier TS-W2502D2 10" Sub

sigh just when i thought i was sold

=\\\\\

edit: although I probably won't be changing the head unit or anything because I think the sound is sufficient enough for me. The wheel controls are a big up for me though because if I am going t be paying 24-25k for a car I would want it to come with those things. Blue tooth and all too. But that is just my preference. =]

I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't be too concerned with the hu swap. You can get what features YOU want in the head unit. 1000 is probably the most expensive head unit I have heard of. Honestly, $250 will get you a great new single din head unit with the features you want minus nav. The touchscreen/double din interface will up it to about $500 for a pretty good one.

Just saying, I wouldn't let it get in your way. If you want decent music from your head unit, you can do it for far less than $1000 and be very happy with whatever features you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro